Yes [ 78 ] ** [90.70%]
No [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Partially [ 8 ] ** [9.30%]
Total Votes: 86
Guests cannot vote 
Juan M. Valero
Jun 6 2008, 07:49 AM
Instructor
I think those are great ideas, specially the loop one, but I think that if you are playing slow is better to practice with guitar pro than directly with the BT, so what does exactly "extremely slow" means ?? if it's less than 50% I don't think it was a good idea 'cos at this tempo you lose all the spirit of the original lesson...

BTW it's just my opinion, and if members want slower BTs it's not a problem, hehe, it's just less than a minute tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jun 6 2008, 12:16 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Sounds fine for me smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
dango
Jun 6 2008, 02:38 PM
GMC:er
Extremely slow backing track is most welcome. Is this apply for the existing lesson, too? If it's so, that would be wonderful. smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 6 2008, 02:49 PM
Slow backing will certainly help me out. We should have a 250 beats per minute version as well so Muris can post his slow takes tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jun 6 2008, 03:14 PM
Instructor
I'm all for it!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Tsarpf
Jun 7 2008, 01:17 PM
Yes, I liked the suggestions smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 7 2008, 11:23 PM
Instructor
no problem for me my backing tracks are midi VSt so i can do any speed. usually i put the
the normall speed 100% and the 50% then 25 % from the normal speed

+Quote Post
Kosei Kubota
Jun 7 2008, 11:28 PM
Classical Instructor
I agree. Extremely slow backing track will be very helpful.
If you can play PERFECTLY at half a speed, you are almost there!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 8 2008, 12:53 AM
Instructor
Since now I was uploading 50% of normal speed as slowest backing. huh.gif
But now with this pool I see the real situation and needs,
it's good to know what community is after,noted. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 8 2008, 09:04 AM
Instructor
Sounds like a good idea! No problems here smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 8 2008, 09:07 AM
Learning Roadie
Excellent idea

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Jun 8 2008, 09:20 AM
YES!
Being able to loop the BT would be just great!
Please...

This post has been edited by eddiecat: Jun 8 2008, 09:21 AM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 8 2008, 04:07 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jun 7 2008, 07:53 PM) *
Since now I was uploading 50% of normal speed as slowest backing. huh.gif
But now with this pool I see the real situation and needs,
it's good to know what community is after,noted. smile.gif

Heh, if you uploaded a 25% speed backing track for extreme neclassical, hell, I could probably play it at that speed in 5 years time wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 8 2008, 05:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
The loop is great, the full-speed part is very usefull and the very slow version is very handy. It's good to help the beginning guitarplayers, because already a lot of this site is a bit on the advanced side. I think an example of a great BT collection would be something like this:
120BPM (full speed)
120BPM looped
100BPM
maybe 80BPM
50BPM

The 80 BPM is maybe, because I don't know if that would be used a lot.

Hope I helped a bit. Good idea Kris!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
Jun 12 2008, 04:25 AM
Kris, is there anyway we could get the instructors to play along with their backing tracks at each speed? ie. Gabriel's Iron Maiden 1 backing @ 114bpm. This helps us keep the lesson in correct timing even when playing at a reduced speed. Some of the odd timings, and pauses make it difficult to practice very slowly. Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 12 2008, 10:28 AM
GMC Founder
Ok we have discussed this between instructors and it looks like we will pretty soon start seeing this in new lessons! smile.gif

Also - some instructors have already started "upgrading" old lessons smile.gif - we will get back with more news about that! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jenkinson @ Jun 12 2008, 05:25 AM) *
Kris, is there anyway we could get the instructors to play along with their backing tracks at each speed? ie. Gabriel's Iron Maiden 1 backing @ 114bpm. This helps us keep the lesson in correct timing even when playing at a reduced speed. Some of the odd timings, and pauses make it difficult to practice very slowly. Thanks

Doing this sure would be cool, but also very time consuming - I can't quite see that it is motivated when there is a guitarpro tab which allows you to change the bpms to your heart's desire. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Jun 17 2008, 12:12 AM
I'm not read all of this and i'm also don't know if we talk about this-------->>>>>>>>

i'm was thinking it's be can possible also Zoom and slow down the video player??????
..actualy..somethime is very hard to see how instructors use their fingers in lower speed..and actualy somethime is also not easy for me to play over backing track drums or beep..{and somethime those backing don't have any drums beat}
i'm find my self to be cool play with instructor on video player..but when coming some hard part it's was not easy mellow.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Jun 17 2008, 12:13 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 17 2008, 01:22 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
The loop part is desperately needed! Also, I do agree that even the slowest backing tracks are sometimes too fast for us beginners.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jun 17 2008, 08:05 AM
Learning Roadie
Im all in..

On a side note, is it possible to add the difficulty to the actual lesson? When people are linking directly to lessons, i cannot see the difficulty of the lesson.

+Quote Post
Kapto
Jun 17 2008, 09:12 AM
Good Idea.
It also good be nice to have those sections with a loop that repeats itself after 2 seconds so we don't have to click on the video screen over and over.

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:16 PM