Guitar Holding Position, Left or right leg?
JTaylor
Jan 15 2012, 02:28 PM
Apprentice Roadie
I have yet another question that, hopefully, somebody can help me with. After years of messing with the guitar, I have decided it is time to learn how to play it. In the month and a half I have been here, I have been trying to get rid of my old habits and have started fresh, constantly asking advice and doing my best to follow it. I have seen improvement and I am very happy. However, there is one thing I have seen that I am not sure I can change.
EVERY player I have seen on here holds their guitar on their right leg. I have always held it on my left leg. Maybe it is because I am left handed (though I do play right-handed...I am slightly ambidextrous). I have tried to hold it on my right leg but I am almost six and a half feet tall and have long arms. This cocks my right (picking) arm at a contorted angle that is downright painful. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something that I should not even be concerned with and just keep the guitar on my left? I feel silly even asking this but I have yet to see anyone here put it on the left and I am just wondering if it is something that I need to address.
Thanks for the advice and I understand if this gives you a good laugh smile.gif .

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:52 PM