> Quick Licks #101 - Advanced Pick Skipping
Todd Simpson
post Oct 13 2019, 02:10 AM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

This time we add a twist to our pick skipping. We push it up to the 12th fret and we put a full step between second and thirds notes. Also, we use the b string so we have to push our pinky out by one fret.

INSTRUCTIONS: I'm striking the open D string, then hammering the D string 12th fret, hammer on to the G string 14th fret, strike the B on 15th fret, hammer on back to G, hammer on back to D and repeat. This is a bit tricky but after 100 drills it's about time to make it a bit tricky. smile.gif
*Added Pick Notation to tablature
Attached File  Quick_Licks__101.gp5 ( 1.77K ) Number of downloads: 7540

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 5 2019, 09:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
post Nov 8 2019, 10:24 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.212

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 9 2019, 01:10 AM
Post #3

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Bingo! that's what I'm looking for. It's that strange "pick skip" pattern where you pick a string, then hammer that string, go up a string and hammer instead of pick, then go up another string and pick again. It's made more complex by the fact that it's not symmetrical. On the low string, you both pick and hammer. Making the lick a challenge. The good news is you can use this picking pattern on just about any finger pattern you like. It can be any shape or chord and it will still work. I know this one took some time to get down as it took me some time to just get it right when I was making it up. I wanted to create something that I had not seen or heard before. Well played!
You just...
LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image

Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Nov 8 2019, 05:24 PM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 07:11 PM