> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Metal Rhythm Collaboration
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 20 2011, 11:33 AM
Instructor
Ahoy, ahoy GMC! biggrin.gif

while I am mixing the Modern Metal Collab, I thought about starting a new one, thanks to the awesome suggestions I received during a previous video chat session!

This one will be rhythm oriented and it's going to test your composition and riffing skills! So, we shall use one of the drum backing tracks (attached in this thread) that I provided a few months ago (hope you enjoyed those and if you'd like more, we could start to populate that thread again) and all you have to do is come up with riffs as tight and interesting as possible to match the drum groove and fills as presented in the backing track! Use as much as you wish out of it, as it's not compulsory to cover it in whole smile.gif

I would also be curious to hear other approaches over this track, meaning that, you shouldn't restrain yourself to metal only - you can play funk riffs over the track as well for instance! In the end we'll have an awesome MEGA GROOVE, interesting and colorful, with attitude, finesse and everything in between!

Let's use the A minor scale and the A minor pentatonic scale smile.gif (I shall record with my baritone on this one so that we may have a growling low end biggrin.gif)

The deadline shall be the 20th of September and as usual, I am waiting for your takes (wav. files and video files through whatever transfer systems you might like to use).

I attached 2 tracks - the one at 170 BPM is the one we shall use for recording the takes and the one at 130 BPM is the one which you may lke to use for practicing your riffs slowly.

let's go GMC!!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 20 2011, 01:47 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Metal_Rhythm_Collab_170_bpm.mp3 ( 5.83MB ) Number of downloads: 358
Attached File  Metal_Rhythm_Collab_130_bpm.mp3 ( 7.48MB ) Number of downloads: 240

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 20 2011, 01:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great! I'm in! Perhaps it would be better if we choose one scale, so our takes would fit each other.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 20 2011, 01:45 PM
Instructor
haha biggrin.gif good point! i knew i forgot something tongue.gif my bad! check the post in 5 minutes wink.gif

+Quote Post
Finny
Aug 20 2011, 01:47 PM
Learning Roadie
This is gonna kick ASS!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 20 2011, 01:49 PM
Instructor
As I added this info in the post above, I'll add it here too biggrin.gif let's use A minor (aeolian) and A minor pentatonic wink.gif

Mr FINN! The question is... ARE YOU IN? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Finny @ Aug 20 2011, 12:47 PM) *
This is gonna kick ASS!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Finny
Aug 20 2011, 02:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Damn right I am!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 21 2011, 06:34 AM
Tone Seeker
Riffing coming up from here biggrin.gif

Oh yeah I have all kinds of things going on now so I'll post my files near the deadline.

Do we need to post a videofile or is a mp3 file enough ?

-Ville-

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2011, 07:10 AM
Instructor
Hey Ville! Video would be cool tongue.gif thanks for joining mate!

QUOTE (WeePee @ Aug 21 2011, 05:34 AM) *
Riffing coming up from here biggrin.gif

Oh yeah I have all kinds of things going on now so I'll post my files near the deadline.

Do we need to post a videofile or is a mp3 file enough ?

-Ville-

+Quote Post
xxxridzr
Aug 23 2011, 09:47 PM
GMC:er
New to the collab how should i sent my recording?

This post has been edited by xxxridzr: Aug 23 2011, 09:48 PM

+Quote Post
xxxridzr
Aug 23 2011, 10:26 PM
GMC:er
here the audio file smile.gif quick improvise but offer sugestion? new at this biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by xxxridzr: Aug 23 2011, 10:28 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  metal.mov ( 35.72MB ) Number of downloads: 248
Attached File  metal.wav ( 35.72MB ) Number of downloads: 257

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 24 2011, 07:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (xxxridzr @ Aug 23 2011, 09:26 PM) *
here the audio file smile.gif quick improvise but offer sugestion? new at this biggrin.gif

We usually use rapidshare.com to transfer files, in order not to overwhelm the server wink.gif thanks for joining mate!

I have listened to your take! There are some awesome lines in there, but this collab is all about rhythm wink.gif please analyze the drum track thoroughly and come up with some awesome riffage biggrin.gif I am sure you'll invent some cool stuff. Read the explanations of the collab in order not to miss anything and please send an avi. or mpeg4. file for the video footage.

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 24 2011, 07:18 AM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 24 2011, 06:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'm in!
And this time, I'll be able to record something...been really busy with moving lately, but all will be fine this weekend smile.gif

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 24 2011, 09:05 PM
Learning Roadie
You know I'm definitely in, Cosmin. cool.gif I've been composing a lot lately, hence my usual presence in the forums. I will come up with some riffs for you. I will probably just use the whole track because I just wanna. biggrin.gif Is it alright if I record it like I would for a studio version (so I can get it as perfect and tight as possible), then mime to it in a video? smile.gif This would really help.

Brandon

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 24 2011, 10:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Aug 24 2011, 08:05 PM) *
You know I'm definitely in, Cosmin. cool.gif I've been composing a lot lately, hence my usual presence in the forums. I will come up with some riffs for you. I will probably just use the whole track because I just wanna. biggrin.gif Is it alright if I record it like I would for a studio version (so I can get it as perfect and tight as possible), then mime to it in a video? smile.gif This would really help.

Brandon

By all means my friend! Do what you must to get things awesome wink.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 24 2011, 05:55 PM) *
I'm in!
And this time, I'll be able to record something...been really busy with moving lately, but all will be fine this weekend smile.gif

Christian

Can't wait for the take mate biggrin.gif thanks for takin' the time to join!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 25 2011, 12:26 AM
Learning Roadie
Shall I add my own bass?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2011, 07:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Aug 24 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Shall I add my own bass?

Please do smile.gif i deliberately left the drums only, so if you guys want to add bass, you are free to do it! It is part of your creation wink.gif and THAT's EXACTLY what I'm trying to encourage! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 25 2011, 09:24 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2011, 01:32 AM) *
Please do smile.gif i deliberately left the drums only, so if you guys want to add bass, you are free to do it! It is part of your creation wink.gif and THAT's EXACTLY what I'm trying to encourage! tongue.gif

Yay!! Get ready for some madness!!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 3 2011, 10:07 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! How are you faring so far? biggrin.gif can't wait to hear your takes!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 4 2011, 10:48 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 3 2011, 04:07 AM) *
Hey guys! How are you faring so far? biggrin.gif can't wait to hear your takes!

Well I gotta wait until after Labor Day Monday to get some new strings for my Jackson. (14-68) The 68 snapped. I guess it was because I had tuned it up to Drop C for a short time and it caught up with me. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2011, 06:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 4 2011, 09:48 PM) *
Well I gotta wait until after Labor Day Monday to get some new strings for my Jackson. (14-68) The 68 snapped. I guess it was because I had tuned it up to Drop C for a short time and it caught up with me. sad.gif

I haven't had my coffee yet and I was looking pretty dazzled at the fact that you managed to break a 68 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:17 PM