2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Helpful Websites, Or how to find gigs using Internet?
Alex Feather
Jan 3 2012, 07:53 AM
Instructor
Hi guys!!! I wanted to share some information with you about finding gigs online! Lately Internet was very helpful and I am getting a lot of work from it! It's not very easy to figure out where to start and how to get your social network up and running but the hardest thing is to figure out how to get gigs out of it! There is really no perfect solution and you will have to figure out what works for you! This is my experience so please share your ideas and websites you might know!
Ok let's start!!!
Getting prepared!
1) Facebook! Still number one social network in world believe it or not I'm getting a lot of gigs from it!
You are probably already have an account the idea is to create a fan page and make sure you maintain it well! You need to figure out landing page and upload your music, after that try to suggest your page to music studios and producers
2) YouTube also a very cool promotional tool you should upload videos with your music and clips from your shows it's a very big deal when people and possible band can see and hear you! Also you can make money from YouTube using partners program go to www.yiutube.com/partners to apply and if you will get approved and one of your videos wiill go viral you hit the jackpot!
3) twitter is a very good way to get in touch with the right people! The only problem is to filter all the spam
You can follow people and they will follow you back! For me twitter was helpful to get interviews and some blogs written about me
4) MySpace even if Justn Timberlake owns it and the website is almost dead doesn't mean you don't need it smile.gif they cam up with a way to manage and decorate your page so you don't have to know any HTML so it's pretty easy now!
5) create your own website! This one is a very important! What you can do is to use a free website builder tools or connect it to your blogger or Wordpress blog! If you will do your research you will find out the it could cost you as low as $4 a month or if you will use third level domains will be free
Now after you have your social network ready make sure you connected it all together for example when you will post new video on YouTube it will automatically post on twitter and Facebook or any other social network
The websites that will help you get gigs!
1) www.craigslist.org it worked for me when I was looking for my first gigs! There is two places you can search Talent and Musicians with talent section you can select if you need a paid gig or will be willing to do it for free! Just search through this website to start getting your name out there!
2) musiciancontacts.com this one is a good tool if you are trying to find cover bands or cruise ship gigs you have to pay for it but when you will find your way around this website can be useful
3) sonicbids.com this one you can submit your music to many different industries some submittions are free some you have to pay for its a good website if you want to join contests or book your band all over the world
4) musiccinnections.com this is actually a magazine but they have a very nice classfield to find gigs it's absolutely free and new gigs being posted daily
5) gigfinder.com it use to be a very good website I know they did some changes but I believe it's still free to use and a lot of people still go there
6) taxi.com good website if you are a composer and trying to submit your music to different tv shows and movies you have to pay for it and it's expensive but I know a lot of people who using it all the time!!!
Those are the websites that I know about if you know more please let me know!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2012, 08:14 AM
Instructor
Great post as always Alex! This is really helpful. I'll check that partners option at youtube.com. There are also some cool sites that I didn't know! Thanks a lot! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 3 2012, 08:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 3 2012, 07:14 AM) *
Great post as always Alex! This is really helpful. I'll check that partners option at youtube.com. There are also some cool sites that I didn't know! Thanks a lot! wink.gif

Deffinately check out partners program! I know a few people who make a leaving out of YouTube! Let me know if you have any questions!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2012, 08:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jan 3 2012, 04:18 AM) *
Deffinately check out partners program! I know a few people who make a leaving out of YouTube! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks mate! I'm now going to sleep but I'll check it tomorrow and I will let you know if I have any question! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 3 2012, 08:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 3 2012, 07:23 AM) *
Thanks mate! I'm now going to sleep but I'll check it tomorrow and I will let you know if I have any question! wink.gif

Sounds good!!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 3 2012, 09:40 AM
GMC:er
This is a GREAT email and should go in our WIKI!

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jan 3 2012, 01:53 AM) *
Hi guys!!! I wanted to share some information with you about finding gigs online! Lately Internet was very helpful and I am getting a lot of work from it! It's not very easy to figure out where to start and how to get your social network up and running but the hardest thing is to figure out how to get gigs out of it! There is really no perfect solution and you will have to figure out what works for you! This is my experience so please share your ideas and websites you might know!
Ok let's start!!!
Getting prepared!
1) Facebook! Still number one social network in world believe it or not I'm getting a lot of gigs from it!
You are probably already have an account the idea is to create a fan page and make sure you maintain it well! You need to figure out landing page and upload your music, after that try to suggest your page to music studios and producers
2) YouTube also a very cool promotional tool you should upload videos with your music and clips from your shows it's a very big deal when people and possible band can see and hear you! Also you can make money from YouTube using partners program go to www.yiutube.com/partners to apply and if you will get approved and one of your videos wiill go viral you hit the jackpot!
3) twitter is a very good way to get in touch with the right people! The only problem is to filter all the spam
You can follow people and they will follow you back! For me twitter was helpful to get interviews and some blogs written about me
4) MySpace even if Justn Timberlake owns it and the website is almost dead doesn't mean you don't need it smile.gif they cam up with a way to manage and decorate your page so you don't have to know any HTML so it's pretty easy now!
5) create your own website! This one is a very important! What you can do is to use a free website builder tools or connect it to your blogger or Wordpress blog! If you will do your research you will find out the it could cost you as low as $4 a month or if you will use third level domains will be free
Now after you have your social network ready make sure you connected it all together for example when you will post new video on YouTube it will automatically post on twitter and Facebook or any other social network
The websites that will help you get gigs!
1) www.craigslist.org it worked for me when I was looking for my first gigs! There is two places you can search Talent and Musicians with talent section you can select if you need a paid gig or will be willing to do it for free! Just search through this website to start getting your name out there!
2) musiciancontacts.com this one is a good tool if you are trying to find cover bands or cruise ship gigs you have to pay for it but when you will find your way around this website can be useful
3) sonicbids.com this one you can submit your music to many different industries some submittions are free some you have to pay for its a good website if you want to join contests or book your band all over the world
4) musiccinnections.com this is actually a magazine but they have a very nice classfield to find gigs it's absolutely free and new gigs being posted daily
5) gigfinder.com it use to be a very good website I know they did some changes but I believe it's still free to use and a lot of people still go there
6) taxi.com good website if you are a composer and trying to submit your music to different tv shows and movies you have to pay for it and it's expensive but I know a lot of people who using it all the time!!!
Those are the websites that I know about if you know more please let me know!!!!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 3 2012, 10:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 3 2012, 08:40 AM) *
This is a GREAT email and should go in our WIKI!

I don't know how to do that unfortunately sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 3 2012, 12:59 PM
Instructor
We will insert it, don't worry. It would be helpful to have all this info in one place. Good advices.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 3 2012, 02:29 PM
Instructor
Now, this should be sticky! Excellent post wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 3 2012, 03:28 PM
Instructor
really great post! thanks so much!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2012, 04:21 PM
Instructor
I ckecked the Youtube Partner and it seems to be a good idea! However they say that evaluate your account to decide if you can be or not... I think that I should wait to submit since my Youtube Account is relatively new....

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/user/GabrielLeopardi/videos

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2012, 09:59 PM
Instructor
hey Alex! Thanks for the great info in this post! I shall most definitely tryout the YT partners as I have been gathering a lot of views recently on my channel! Cheers to you mate!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2012, 10:17 PM
Instructor
I think Todd is already a YT partner, he can correct me if I'm wrong. We had some great info on that topic some time ago smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2012, 11:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 4 2012, 09:17 PM) *
I think Todd is already a YT partner, he can correct me if I'm wrong. We had some great info on that topic some time ago smile.gif

sad.gif unfortunately, Romania is not on the YT Partners list sad.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 5 2012, 11:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 4 2012, 10:20 PM) *
sad.gif unfortunately, Romania is not on the YT Partners list sad.gif
to be safe you need to have 500+ subscribers and 50,000+ views also you can't have any copyright strikes to check just go to the section manage your account and you will find it there

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 5 2012, 11:09 AM
Instructor
This is an awesome post.. well done and thanks, Alex smile.gif

The YT Partner thing sounds interesting but first I badly need to get more views which is an art in itself ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2012, 11:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jan 5 2012, 10:06 AM) *
to be safe you need to have 500+ subscribers and 50,000+ views also you can't have any copyright strikes to check just go to the section manage your account and you will find it there

I've got around 800 subscribers and 200000 views, but they are telling me that the YT Partners service is available only in a few selected countries sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2012, 12:23 PM
Instructor
On YT, views can be get in various ways, humor, uniqueness, energetic videos, and famous songs are among things that attracts a lot of people

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Jan 5 2012, 02:10 PM
Learning Roadie
great post! good links! laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitartonemaster.com - +2500 free guitar jam- & backing tracks -
All styles (Blues, Rock, Metal, Ballad, Reggae, Jazz, Acoustic, Funk,...) -
Backing Tracks: Top 10 Backing Tracks

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 10 2012, 12:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 5 2012, 11:23 AM) *
On YT, views can be get in various ways, humor, uniqueness, energetic videos, and famous songs are among things that attracts a lot of people

You are absolutely right! You just have to come up with something unique that people will like and share!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:01 AM