Scofield Lesson....getting Ready To Rec!
derper
Jan 26 2012, 12:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
I spent some time this afternoon working on the "Scofield Lesson" by Stephane (awesome lesson!!). I've finally "got" all of the parts, although it's still pretty rickety at this point. I'm going to have to shape it up to get ready to submit a REC vid, but that's where I'm at now. Normally I was practicing each part at 90 bpm which makes a HUGE difference, so this is a first run at full speed. Not quite there at all, but I'll keep practicing. The horrible intonation on my first bend makes me cringe. I usually rock that pretty solid, so I think it's due to stepping off of the camera/horrible roland cube tone. Getting an interface soon so I can submit way better takes.

I'll keep working on it, and hopefully work up to submitting my REC soon. I know it doesn't have to be "perfect", but I'm obviously not quite comfortable at full speed yet. Soon. Practice. Metronome.

*Also, perhaps worth noting.... I just learned the end section today, so I'm pretty rough on that still. Anyway, it still helps me to see the vids as I'm progressing. tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2012, 11:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Jan 25 2012, 11:16 PM) *
I spent some time this afternoon working on the "Scofield Lesson" by Stephane (awesome lesson!!). I've finally "got" all of the parts, although it's still pretty rickety at this point. I'm going to have to shape it up to get ready to submit a REC vid, but that's where I'm at now. Normally I was practicing each part at 90 bpm which makes a HUGE difference, so this is a first run at full speed. Not quite there at all, but I'll keep practicing. The horrible intonation on my first bend makes me cringe. I usually rock that pretty solid, so I think it's due to stepping off of the camera/horrible roland cube tone. Getting an interface soon so I can submit way better takes.

I'll keep working on it, and hopefully work up to submitting my REC soon. I know it doesn't have to be "perfect", but I'm obviously not quite comfortable at full speed yet. Soon. Practice. Metronome.

*Also, perhaps worth noting.... I just learned the end section today, so I'm pretty rough on that still. Anyway, it still helps me to see the vids as I'm progressing. tongue.gif

Hey mate, nice work! I think you need to put some more groove in there smile.gif try to feel the beat and play to it - it'll smooth things up A LOT!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
derper
Jan 26 2012, 07:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
Agreed Cosmin!! I think once I get a little more solid on the riffs themselves I'll loosen up a bit.

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 27 2012, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Excellent work man, I like your picking attack and that nice tone you make. Although your picking hand is making quite big movements, the attack you get is very good. So a proper balance should be found, but you're definitely on the right track there.

As you guessed, bends and vibratos needs biggest amount of work here. I think you should spend some special time to it with the metronome, isolate only bends and vibratos and practice only that. You'll see, it will pay out a LOT. Everything else is just a matter of polishing up a bit.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
derper
Jan 27 2012, 06:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks Ivan!! This is only my second video I've put on GMC, and picking hand has needed improvement each time. It's really great to know, because I never thought it was a problem. I always appreciate the feedback, and look forward to tuning this one up and making it my first REC submission!! It could be a WHILE before I get Muris' "Country Picking Advanced" up to full speed to submit. I love that riff, and keep practicing it, but it's a MONSTER at 155bpm!!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 27 2012, 04:33 AM) *
Excellent work man, I like your picking attack and that nice tone you make. Although your picking hand is making quite big movements, the attack you get is very good. So a proper balance should be found, but you're definitely on the right track there.

As you guessed, bends and vibratos needs biggest amount of work here. I think you should spend some special time to it with the metronome, isolate only bends and vibratos and practice only that. You'll see, it will pay out a LOT. Everything else is just a matter of polishing up a bit.

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:31 PM