2 Pages V   1 2 >  
This Is So Great!
sam47
Dec 22 2007, 12:32 AM
GMC:er
I'm Sam from Pa. USA. I got a late start to playing. I'm 47 now but I bought my first guitar at 40. Picked it up once every other month. played 5 mins and put it down. that went on for close to 5 years. Then I was broke ,single and going crazy. I made a packed with myself to pick the guitar up everyday and do SOMETHING. Bought a couple books,CD's determined to learn this thing. Well once I strumed two chords in somewhat of a rythm I was hooked. S L O W L Y I satrted to progress. Well with no one to play with and just not getting what I wanted from a teacher I looked on the net. I think this was the 2n or 3rd site I looked at and after a couple loops of a free lesson I knew I found what I was looking for. I picked two of the free lessonns and tried it for two weeks. Well DAMN! I GOT IT!!! I couldn't believe what I was playing and it was GOOD! The Lessons are Jerry Arcidiacono's 12 bar rythm and Muris Varajic's Blues solo. You guys ( well ALL the instructors) are very good at what you do. Like I said you teach what I want to learn and do it very well. I look forward to the day I can sit down with my guitar and express what I feel in my playing. I'll be out here in the forums from time time and look forward to joining the community. It's great to be here and meet everyone!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 22 2007, 12:39 AM
Learning Roadie
nice to see ya biggrin.gif

i was the same about 4 month ago. i never knew such a great site existed. ive got to say though, if you dont take part in the comunity your missing out on a great part of the site, everyone is so helpful to beginners and experts. at first i was ashamed to even think about posing my guitar work on the internet because everyone was better than me but everyone gets treat the same, its brilliant.
hope to see you around the forums and hear some of your stuff biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 22 2007, 01:03 AM
Instructor
Hi Sam and welcome smile.gif

It's never too late for start, wish you a nice time here with us smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 22 2007, 01:13 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi there & welcome to GMC biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 22 2007, 01:14 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Welcome Sam, hope you'll learn stuff here and also have fun smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Dec 22 2007, 01:24 AM
Hey Sam, Rod from CT here. Good to meet you. I was the same as you. As a matter of fact the world Is full of people like us. The difference is doing something about it. Welcome aboard.

--------------------
Electric Guitars : Gibson Les Paul Standard "Raw Power", Fender American Deluxe HSS QMT Stratocaster
Acoustic Guitars : Ovation 1771 LX Balladeer
Effects : Digitech Jammer Looper, Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory, Boss DD-3 delay, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1, Keeley Modded TS-808 Tube Screamer, Keeley compressor, Dunlop CryBaby Wah.
Amps : 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 50 watt Head (all original unmodified Electronics, Complete cosmetic restoration) It is the "Tone of the Gods" 1982 Marshall 1960a JCM 800 4x12 Slant Cabinet

+Quote Post
sam47
Dec 22 2007, 01:41 AM
Hey! Thanks everyone.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 22 2007, 02:14 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Sam,enjoy your stay and feel free to ask
if you need any help tho! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 22 2007, 02:35 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Welcome Sam! Decide what order of styles,techniques,ect. that you want to learn first and go. Man this place is great. You will get all the help and advice that you need. Good luck!

Steve
North Carolina

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 22 2007, 03:02 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 22 2007, 06:15 AM
QUOTE (Dejan @ Dec 21 2007, 06:03 PM) *
Hi Sam and welcome smile.gif

It's never too late for start, wish you a nice time here with us smile.gif

Agreed! Welcome to the best site ever wink.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
david80
Dec 22 2007, 08:16 AM
Welcome to GMC Sam.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 22 2007, 09:10 AM
Welcome

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 22 2007, 10:05 AM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome Sam !! So great to have you join us !! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Dec 22 2007, 10:37 AM
Your gonna love it! Welcome home!

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 22 2007, 10:49 AM
Instructor
Welcome, enjoy your staying smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 22 2007, 11:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcom ro GMC hope u enjoy

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Dec 22 2007, 11:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sam47 @ Dec 22 2007, 12:32 AM) *
I couldn't believe what I was playing and it was GOOD! The Lessons are Jerry Arcidiacono's 12 bar rythm and Muris Varajic's Blues solo.

Hey,
I'm glad you have found these lessons useful.

Welcome to GMC Sam!! smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 22 2007, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Hey man, welcome to the site. Enjoy! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 22 2007, 03:58 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Welcome to GMC Sam smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:31 AM