3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
40 Most Awesomely Bad Metal Songs...ever, Another list. Awesome this time :P
Gus
Jun 20 2008, 08:37 PM
GMC:er
Estranged is one of the best songs ever!

Can t believe someone put it on a list bad songs...

Of course there are many other that should not be there (like wind of change) but estranged?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: Jun 20 2008, 08:38 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swingline
Jun 20 2008, 08:43 PM
I'm ashamed that Wind of Change is on there, its a great song with great meaning.

P.S. I hate these lists, they're never accurate, this ranks up with the best guitarists list.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 20 2008, 09:31 PM
Balls to the Walll is one of the coolest songs ever! laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2008, 09:43 PM
Instructor
32. Estranged - Guns N' Roses ohmy.gif Can't disagree more.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 21 2008, 01:00 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 20 2008, 10:43 PM) *

Yeah, if I made a list of songs I like the most, Estranged would probably come better ranked than 32...

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 21 2008, 01:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
I read the topic - and I knew MANOWAR would be in it...

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Jun 21 2008, 01:03 AM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 21 2008, 01:11 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 20 2008, 05:43 PM) *

I agree with Gabriel and Gus on this one... doesn't seem right to have this song on the list.

Actually I wish I never read the list as now I have Unskinny Bop stuck in my head laugh.gif " Unskinny Bop, just blows me away, Unskinny Bop Bop, all night and day.... " arggggghhhhh stop the madness!!!!!!!

rok

+Quote Post
Vasilis
Jun 25 2008, 12:32 PM
31. Crazy Nights - Loudness

Loudness FTW+1

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 25 2008, 12:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think there are a fairly few wrongs on this list. First of.. Final Countdown really isn't that bad. Maybe I'm just stuck in the 80's anyways, but it has some catchy lines, a nice little solo etc. etc.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 25 2008, 03:29 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jun 20 2008, 09:20 PM) *
I think the author agree`s in the main with the list, thats fine smile.gif its his opinion, now ... what does he like that we can tear apart laugh.gif tongue.gif

Yepp. That's my opinion. I wouldn't dream of saying that's the right opinion. Or that any other is wrong. Or forcing my opinion on anyone (Well, I would try. More or less subtle).
Everyone should be able to laugh at themselfes now and then and take it for what it is. The title gives a hint. "Awesomely Bad". A list someone made for fun. Laugh at those in the list who maybe took it a bit too far. Or if not for anything else, laugh at me and my bad taste when I can't appriciate these guys. I might miss out on something. I like some on that list because their catchiness, but like Bondy I won't mention them, except Poison smile.gif I love some really cheesy music and it's very much OK to laugh at that. I know it's cheesy and that's what I like about them.

I sence I offended some. If so I'm sorry, that was not my intention. Just wanted to share a laugh. If that's the case, then I owe you one. Sorry.

And yes... what does he like ... Hmmmm. I'm sure I'll get my share sooner or later biggrin.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 25 2008, 03:31 PM
I love a lot of songs on that list. Estranged is my fav Guns and Roses song. Turbo Lover is awesome also biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 25 2008, 03:41 PM
Here is a fav, appearing in GH4. I'll give you more later. Have to go for a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ElevmVjunQ...feature=related

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jun 25 2008, 03:43 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jun 25 2008, 03:29 PM) *
And yes... what does he like ... Hmmmm. I'm sure I'll get my share sooner or later biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

not offended here, I found from my mid teens that it was "uncool" to like Heavy rock/metal, or at least so a lot of my friends informed me, poking fun at my (then) long locks (alas all now gone sad.gif laugh.gif) and such, we`re all entitled to our opinions.

and agree`ed got to have a laugh at yourself from time to time (or a lot as it seems in my case sometimes huh.gif ) laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jun 25 2008, 07:15 PM
blink-182 - Just About Done should be there! laugh.gif
They are actually trying to imitate a metal band on that track, or at least like how they think it sounds huh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Iron King
Jun 25 2008, 08:25 PM
Creed? Guns N' Roses? Motley Crue? Van Halen? Scorpions? Whitesnake? Insane Clown Posse? Poison? Kiss? Warrant?

since when are these guys even metal bands to begin with?

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 26 2008, 12:15 AM
Singing Instructor
Ah,Wind of Change,I love this song.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 26 2008, 02:48 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Iron King @ Jun 25 2008, 11:25 AM) *
Creed? Guns N' Roses? Motley Crue? Van Halen? Scorpions? Whitesnake? Insane Clown Posse? Poison? Kiss? Warrant?

A lot of them aren't. Shows how uneducated VH1 is laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 26 2008, 02:54 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Go Europe haha

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 26 2008, 01:21 PM
QUOTE (Iron King @ Jun 25 2008, 09:25 PM) *

Believe me, they were! biggrin.gif
Back then they played heavy metal.
But - by todays standards? No. wink.gif

Just think about what was considered rock and roll when it all started.. laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 26 2008, 05:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gus @ Jun 20 2008, 04:37 PM) *
Estranged is one of the best songs ever!

Can t believe someone put it on a list bad songs...

Of course there are many other that should not be there (like wind of change) but estranged?

+1 I agree.... Estranged is a great song! ...and there are many great songs in the list. I'm not agree at all.
But... opinios are opinions.
ROCK & ROLL!!!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:59 AM