2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Gary Moore
vintageplaya666
Jul 4 2008, 09:05 PM
GMC:er
I havent really heard much of Gary Moore stuff, I know that he is a fantastic guitarist. The only track i've heard is Parisienne Walkways, so thats my favourite. The sustain is incredible!!

Think I'll have to research more into him, anyone recommend any other tracks by him?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 4 2008, 10:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Gary Moore is awesome! He's my #1 hero of all time!

Vintageplay, you should check out Murder in the Skies, The Loner, Still Got the Blues, Dirty Fingers, Rest in Peace, Hiroshima, Kidnapped... And so mamy more =)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 5 2008, 09:42 AM
Mmmmm....
I saw him yesterday.
It was a top show and I'm even more impressed by him now.
I couldn't hear him miss a tone, he played perfect for almost 2 hours.
He was in a good mood and joked with the audience and his members and got everybody singing.
He re-entered the stage 2 times and he finished it of with "Parisienne Walkways".
One of the best conserts I've been to. Maybe even in the top 5, just to make up another list smile.gif

Gary had a rack of Gibson's and a Telecaster. One guy dedicated to keep Gary with new guitars and plugging them in. As soon as one song was over he fed Gary with a new one and ran of to wipe the previous guitar off and retune it tongue.gif

The stage was set so the ocean and islands were in the background.
Midnight sun. Sand beach. Warm breeze. Happy people.
Marvelous event.

And to Micke... sorry you missed it! sad.gif
Before Gary was BWO and then Nisse Hellberg.
Nisse put up a great show too, as usual.
BWO ... Well, they got a crossed over horsie (horses is the local papers grading system) and the judgement "So bad it hurts". biggrin.gif
(I liked that since I kinda don't like BWO).

Today it's the Hooters. Haven't decided if I'll go and see them. I'm sort of tired today.

/edit:
If anyone is pervertedly curios of BWO here they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk-Pr3slSUc

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Jul 5 2008, 09:48 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 5 2008, 12:25 PM
I didn't know before that Metallica covered Whiskey in the jar from Thin Lizzy! huh.gif Always thought it was by Metallica

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 5 2008, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 5 2008, 12:36 PM
Actually, Whiskey in the jar is a traditional. Like Greensleaves. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Jul 5 2008, 03:20 PM
Learning Roadie
I like the track "Waiting In The Wings" on the CD "Around The Next Dream" by BBM, which is Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker and Gary Moore.

+Quote Post
loop
Jul 5 2008, 06:26 PM
Hi friends,

Gary is my favorit guitar hero. The first LP i get was "Wild Frontier". Since this time i allways love him.

I love all his songs, rock, ballads and blues. smile.gif

My favorits are: "Over the Hills and far away", "Wild frontier", "Out in the fields", "The loner", "Sunset",
also "Still got the blues" and "Walking by myself"

Last year i saw him live in "Offenbach", he was so great.

I`m standing in the front of stage, 2-3 m to Gary, he play with two powerfull Marshall (2 Halfstacks) and with big effektboard. After the show, i thing, i must go to the doc, becaues my ears rings wink.gif

A lot of Gary`s songs are available as guitar pro files under:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/gary_moore_tabs.htm

Have fun to pratice.

best wish
loop

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 5 2008, 08:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
I really really really.... REALLY hope he comes to Norway sometime soon tongue.gif
Not even a bunch of wild naked ladies could hold me back from going to a concert of his! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 5 2008, 08:21 PM
Still got the blues, and Parisienne Walkways are great songs to practise string bending and emotional vibrato !

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 5 2008, 08:22 PM

+Quote Post
steve25
Jul 5 2008, 10:45 PM
Anyone heard this live solo of empty rooms? Brilliant!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFUW621lgXY

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:33 PM