2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Only For A7x Haters
TreyDeschamp
Jul 6 2008, 06:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm just curious why some people dont like Avenged Sevenfold. I realize that everyone has there own oppinions and thats cool but I just dont get what some people dont like about them?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Jul 6 2008, 06:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
I certainly don't hate A7x, in fact I really enjoy a lot of their music ( especially older stuff), but the gimicky names make me laugh everytime I hear them tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
steve25
Jul 6 2008, 06:30 PM
GMC:er
I used to really like them but i don't listen to them as much anymore. Not because i don't like them but because i just "prefer" other stuff now. I won't see you tonight part 1 i think is my favourite by them

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 6 2008, 06:34 PM
I dislike them because they are based on image and not on music which isn't good.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Jul 6 2008, 07:08 PM
I dunno I just don't like em. The vocals are kinda wimpy sounding too. Also the thing they did with Good Charlotte... I think that would make anyone lose respect for em.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Jul 6 2008, 07:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
whatt ? they did something with good charlotte ... ouch thats a cred killer

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 6 2008, 07:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Jul 6 2008, 01:08 PM) *
I dunno I just don't like em. The vocals are kinda wimpy sounding too. Also the thing they did with Good Charlotte... I think that would make anyone lose respect for em.

I'm with you on that one. Its funny that good charlots guitarist sucks so much they needed some syn

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 6 2008, 07:31 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I used to think a7x were really good and i thought all there gimicky names, and the image they have were cool, but now i realise there but i still like their music.

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jul 6 2008, 07:33 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
i don't love A7X because they does'nt sound really original in my opinion (for example, beast and the harlot contain pretty common guitar riffs)

also their personnal image is only used to have airtime, by that i mean that skull heads, bat wings, and the other things that we can see in their vids is mostly incorporated to catch MTV's attention, in my opinion

but this is only my way to see the band, so no offence all A7X fans smile.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jul 6 2008, 08:00 PM
Instructor
I discovered A7x here in GMC!! ...and I like the band. Maybe it isn't very original, but it's good for me

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 7 2008, 05:48 PM
I don't have any idea about what gimmicky stuff you are talking about. I happened to see a music video with them a few days ago when zapping on the tv, and sure, they had a really really horrible image, but other than that, it's basically what I said in the glam/emo thread. It's standard rock or whatever music, I don't see the need to hate it.

I'm basing this post on that one music video since that's all I've ever seen of them, the song was acoustic, I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2008, 07:07 PM
Instructor
I don't hate A7x... However I have some songs and I don't use to hear them. unsure.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jul 7 2008, 07:23 PM
Pop metal
Lame image
Cheese vocals
Packaged and served to the masses

Believe me there is much more amazing material out there - just gotta find it.

I must admit, the guitarist is very skilled...obviously he's in the band for the money. haha

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 7 2008, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jul 7 2008, 07:23 PM) *
I must admit, the guitarist is very skilled...obviously he's in the band for the money. haha

Which one..?

I thought they both sucked terribly to be honest. and were Studio mockups..

I mean.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1KeUCpII5o

That's some pretty horrid phrasing bruh.. and fairly sloppy playing..

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 7 2008, 09:49 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
They just kinda bore me, Nothing about them strikes me as something I want to listen to. And like OC said, It seems they are more about image at times than there music.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 7 2008, 09:57 PM
As soon as a band descides to focus on image more than music i lost interest.. i only heard about them due to guitar hero.. the vocals are cheesy and they seemed to sell out very quickly. The guitarist calls himself synister gates... im not sure.. but i doubt very much thats his real name..same with zacky vengance.. like come on why fake names? as for the music itsself.. its very standard nothing too special.. the vocals are not my cup of tea.. very cheesy lyrics..its really just music written for the masses.. when the music isn't written for the music then its not worth my time..

this is also my one beef with schecter guitars sad.gif come on.. a signature series for these guys is just sad.. too the posting of that video early.. that solo made my ears cry..

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
uberIbanez
Jul 7 2008, 10:02 PM
they suck

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Jul 7 2008, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (uberIbanez @ Jul 7 2008, 10:02 PM) *
they suck

laugh.gif

I was going to write something, but you've just summed my thoughts up better than I ever could.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 7 2008, 11:44 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (uberIbanez @ Jul 7 2008, 10:02 PM) *
they suck

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sir, you make a valid and good argument.

But seriously, the video TJ posted just about somes up the guitarist. Stupid names. Annoying vocals.

I can listen to a song or two- but man, id prefer to sit in silence.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jul 8 2008, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Jul 6 2008, 07:26 PM) *
whatt ? they did something with good charlotte ... ouch thats a cred killer

What's wrong with Good Charlotte? Yeah they're not amazing, but they write fun, catchy songs.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:07 AM