2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Iron Maiden, Live at Twickenham Stadium, UK
Chris Evans
Jul 6 2008, 11:05 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Well last night I packed myself off with a couple of my mates to Twickenham to watch Iron Maiden, to be honest I`m not a fan of Stadium gigs but it was the only chance we where going to get to watch them and boy am I glad we did, one word that has followed me around all day is AWESOME!

so ... when we arrived I was quite suprised how empty the stadium seemed, we decided to head into the crowd and push our way as far to the front as we could before the real squash, I`m glad we did, from no where thousands of people (in the region of 50,000 from reports) entered the stadium and the whole place began to buzz, a huge stage at one end with two giant screens either side.

The crowd goes mad and the screens light up showing footage of Maiden travelling around the globe in their custom Boeing 757 (Iron Maiden custom plane)

And we`re off into "Aces High", I`m blown away by the sound, I wasnt expecting such a quality sound outside in a stadium, but I guess the homework had been done, coz it was crisp and clear as anything!!

the set list then went, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Revelations, The Trooper, Wasted Years, The Number Of The Beast, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Powerslave, Heaven Can Wait, Run To The Hills, Fear Of The Dark, Iron Maiden, Moonchild, The Clairvoyant, Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Apologies to any of his fans but I`m not that fond of Janik Gers, he actually didnt play too many solo`s on the night (hoorah!), the ones he did play where inaudiable, I wish he`d spend less time throwing his guitar around and generally posing in as many different poses as he possible can, the guy can play we know that from his recorded material but in general "live", hes far too busy mincing around to be able to play anything half decent.

Dave Murray and Adrian Smith where rock steady, sporting some rather tasty guitars and just getting down to business, Steve Harris I thought was fantastic all night, thundering along on his custom West Ham (Hammers) Bass, and Nicko on drums, well totally awesome, the guys solid as a rock and never misses a beat, awesome.

My favourite of the night had to be Brucey, without Bruce, Maiden aint Maiden, his vocals where mighty powerful, he didnt stop running around, the mans a machine, incredible!

All in all it was £50 (approx $100) well spent, I was dubious at first but to be honest it was worth paying that just for them to play Rime of the ancient Mariner!

I`m gutted I didnt take my vid camera with me, I didnt think it would be allowed into the stadium but I could have sad.gif so I have a few really bad quality pics that I took with my mobile phone, sorry they are a little blurred sad.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Finally I`ve attached a small movie clip that I took on my phone, the sound etc is ofc not too good, but it shows the huge pyro flames that they used during Number of the Beast, we could feel the heat from these things where we were standing, must have been really hot on stage!! laugh.gif

Attached File  MVI_0003.rar ( 1002.42K ) Number of downloads: 205

I nearly forgot!! my new shirt!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Jul 6 2008, 11:24 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 6 2008, 11:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
lucky you man sounds like a blast!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 6 2008, 11:12 PM
GMC:er
Haha, I'm going to see them the 22th on a stadium here in Norway! biggrin.gif
We're going to sleep over outside the stadium to get good spaces in the line wink.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 6 2008, 11:21 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Really cool man, Maiden sure have an amazing Live, I've only seen them once and it was damn good, and yeah, Maiden for me means Maiden with Dickinson, that's for sure smile.gif

Amazing plane too tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 6 2008, 11:30 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Up the irons tongue.gif

Sound like a great time you had!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2008, 11:12 PM
Instructor
Awesome concert and review man, very nice story and great pictures. I can feel the atmosphere! biggrin.gif Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 7 2008, 11:16 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 7 2008, 11:12 PM) *
Awesome concert and review man, very nice story and great pictures. I can feel the atmosphere! biggrin.gif Thanks! smile.gif

the atmosphere was amazing, I didnt think it could be captured at such a large show but it was, I`ve been to many concerts over the years and I`ve seen Maiden twice before as well, but this stands out as probably the best one I`ve ever been to! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 7 2008, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Sounds like you had a blast...... I have never been on a big concert seeing a band that i like but i am going to see Sabaton 25/7 and it is goin to be my first big concert...... I cant wait biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
crabman
Jul 8 2008, 05:06 AM
Smells, I saw them on June 2nd in Seattle Wa. and I completly agree with your take on the show. One of the best concerts Ive ever seen. Bruce was running around the stage like a 20 year old. If anyone gets the chance I highly recomend catching the show.

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jul 8 2008, 05:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
I payed $85 to see Maiden on March 16, and I completely agree with everything you said smile.gif
And yes, I would have payed that money just to watch Rime Of The Ancient Mariner .. just astounding smile.gif

PS . Damn! I wish they had that shirt when I saw them haha biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Stevie·Ray·Vaughn: Jul 8 2008, 05:43 AM

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 8 2008, 06:05 AM
Instructor
so cool!!!! man you´re so lucky!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 8 2008, 08:17 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jul 8 2008, 05:43 AM) *

laugh.gif Its one of the event shirts so only available at Twickenham or off their website

--------------------

+Quote Post
Strungout180
Jul 8 2008, 08:20 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jul 8 2008, 12:43 AM) *
I payed $85 to see Maiden on March 16, and I completely agree with everything you said smile.gif
And yes, I would have payed that money just to watch Rime Of The Ancient Mariner .. just astounding smile.gif

Was that the ACC show? If so I was there as well, dead center in the lower bowl. The show was amazing, and I loved the fact that it was a set made up of entirely older tunes. I'll actually probably go see them again when they come back through Toronto as the 85 bucks was totally worth it just to watch Bruce's onstage antics alone.

My only complaint about the whole thing was the sound was extremely muddy I found.

This post has been edited by Strungout180: Jul 8 2008, 08:23 AM

--------------------
Electrics: Epiphone Japanese Les Paul Standard • Squire MIM Stratocaster/w. Texas Specials • Fender Robert Cray Standard

Acoustics: Takamine EG540 • Art & Lutherie Folk Cedar

Amps: Blackheart 5w/3w Little Giant

Effects: Boss SD-1 • Holy Grail Reverb • MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive • Boss DD3 Digital Delay • Crybaby Wah

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jul 8 2008, 12:41 PM
Singing Instructor
Stage looks amazing man,you must had a great time there.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 8 2008, 01:13 PM
F****** AWESOME!!!JEALOUS!!!

Edit for language - Smells

This post has been edited by Smells: Jul 8 2008, 01:15 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 8 2008, 02:34 PM
Instructor
UP THE IRONS !!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah, and playing Moonchild !!!! great song smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jul 9 2008, 09:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah Smells, at the time I saw them, it was their only Canadian date, so it was hockey player Eddie! smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Jul 9 2008, 10:15 PM
Up the Irons! I'm really jealous right now. smile.gif And they played "The Trooper", best song ever. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Nazgul: Jul 9 2008, 10:16 PM

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 10 2008, 11:50 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I saw Iron Maiden 2 times , they are awesome....You wrote a very cool review , feel like I been there smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 10 2008, 12:12 PM
I've seen them 5 times live and they are incredible. I saw them in France with Dream Theater supporting on the Early Days tour. Phantom of the Opera \m/

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:38 AM