Warrior Bushido Task 19
Ben Higgins
Jun 2 2012, 05:58 PM
Instructor
Task 19: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=585322

You should find yourself starting at Lick 25... a tricky little so and so that makes use of 'inside' picking smile.gif Dark Dude's already encountered this one in the video chat but now it's time for you guys to upload a take of this lick at a tempo you can manage but try to aim for some speed improvements over the week if you can smile.gif

I've chosen a short lick that isn't too taxing and that way we can get the Tasks / Deadlines back on line for Fridays, the way it was before.

Enjoy the change from vibrato. It's pure technique this time around !!

Deadline is Friday 8th June

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
maharzan
Jun 3 2012, 04:56 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I saw this a little in your chat last time. I did try it then as well as I have done similar exercises/lessons before. The first one was some 10 years ago when I watched the Petrucci DVD. It didn't feel that difficult with that experience but had to practice quite a bit in this one. Here is what I have. As always stamina is a problem, concentration too. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 3 2012, 10:45 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hello Bushido Warriors,

I have never posted anything for the Bushido Tasks before but I really like this exercise and it helps me a lot with my technique. So if a take from a complete stranger is welcome, I would like to post my first try on this at 120 bpm smile.gif

Cheers,
Mert

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 3 2012, 11:47 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Wow, pretty impressive. You could up your guitar volume a little may be? And congrats for being featured in the GMC Cartoon. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 3 2012, 11:54 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 3 2012, 10:47 AM) *
Wow, pretty impressive. You could up your guitar volume a little may be? And congrats for being featured in the GMC Cartoon. wink.gif

Thanks smile.gif hehe yea I was in the GMC comics this week smile.gif I will see what I can do about the sound, the way I record stuff is extremely primitive at the moment. I need some good recording device with a nice mic I think..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2012, 04:08 PM
Instructor
Great takes, guys !! Glad you like the lick.. it is a good one for both hands isn't it ?

The Donut goes to Maharzan for the first take !

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 3 2012, 04:17 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
YaY!! Its pretty challenging. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 3 2012, 04:45 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Congrats on your donut Maharzan smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 3 2012, 05:08 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 3 2012, 06:02 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
So how do the Bushido tasks work? For example for this one, do we get to post our improvement in speed so Ben can give us feedback? Also I hope Master Ben is not mad at me for posting my take here without his permission since I am not a member of the Temple yet smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2012, 06:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 3 2012, 06:02 PM) *
So how do the Bushido tasks work? For example for this one, do we get to post our improvement in speed so Ben can give us feedback? Also I hope Master Ben is not mad at me for posting my take here without his permission since I am not a member of the Temple yet smile.gif

Normally I give the guys Tasks of GMC lessons so we can use that as an indicator of improvement but sometimes I'll give them a lick to learn. This time, there's no set bpm so it's just an upload of the lick at any tempo that suits. So, it's an easy going Task this week smile.gif

Anyone's welcome to post Bushido Tasks, the door to The Temple is always open, no permission needed !

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 3 2012, 06:23 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 3 2012, 05:06 PM) *
Anyone's welcome to post Bushido Tasks, the door to The Temple is always open, no permission needed !

Thanks for the information Master Ben smile.gif In that case I might occasionally, if the Task is not too advanced for me, post a take smile.gif This week's task from your video chat notes is one that I like a lot. I am making a lot of progress with it in terms of speed. So I wanted to put my initial take smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 3 2012, 10:43 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hey Sensi Higgins and Bushido Warriors!

I am a new guy to this Temple as well smile.gif
I had been practicing on a similar lick like this recently.

So, starting at 130bpm... which is slightly faster than "comfort zone" for me.
I'll practice more on this Bushido task and post the progress at the end of the week

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 4 2012, 08:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 3 2012, 10:43 PM) *
Hey Sensi Higgins and Bushido Warriors!

I am a new guy to this Temple as well smile.gif
I had been practicing on a similar lick like this recently.

So, starting at 130bpm... which is slightly faster than "comfort zone" for me.
I'll practice more on this Bushido task and post the progress at the end of the week

Very nice, DG !! Only thing I noticed is you're playing a wrong note on the second pattern. The 2nd pattern doesn't exactly mirror the first one.. you have to use your pinky to play the 16th fret on the B. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 4 2012, 10:26 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Wow DeGroot awesome smile.gif Now I am all fired up, come on Warriors, let's push the bar and destroy this exercise reaching uber speeds biggrin.gif Here is my take at 140bpm smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 4 2012, 10:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 4 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Wow DeGroot awesome smile.gif Now I am all fired up, come on Warriors, let's push the bar and destroy this exercise reaching uber speeds biggrin.gif Here is my take at 140bpm smile.gif

This is pure class !

So, Opethelic, I remember you saying you had a problem with your picking technique, that you felt it wasn't good enough.

And your problem is ............????

wink.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 4 2012, 01:05 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Aw you guys! Are you challenging me? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jun 4 2012, 01:23 PM
GMC:er
Impressive skills being shown by you three - keep it up \m/

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 4 2012, 05:47 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 4 2012, 09:26 AM) *

Very crisp and clean, Mert! The bar has been raised. gotta go practice now... and with my pinky this time. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 4 2012, 08:28 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I wasn't really planning on pushing this tempo just yet but I was inspired by Opetholic to try and MAX it out. laugh.gif Can feel a deep burn after the second pattern and can barely hold on at the end! Killer excersise.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:30 PM