Sweeping Is Fun!
Neurologi
Sep 21 2009, 07:41 PM
GMC:er
That's it. All I wanted to say! smile.gif Oh, and thanks to Kris (yesterday's excellent video chat mini-lesson) for lighting a fire under my behind to actually try it rather than be content to admire it in others playing thinking it is way too technical for me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Sep 21 2009, 07:43 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Yeh I think sweeping is the best shred technique.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 21 2009, 08:14 PM
GMC Founder
laugh.gif Awesome - I am glad I managed to inspire you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 21 2009, 08:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its great that you started with that technique! Generally when you think about it , all the techniques are easy to start with so you shouldn't be discouraged if something looks too hard (when played fast). Same is with tapping, slapping etc. And once you get the basics down its just a matter of time (and practice) until you will be able to shred like crazy smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Sep 21 2009, 08:40 PM
I look forward to that day, Bogdan! biggrin.gif For sure. Trying out sweeping has made me look at a lot of things in a new light. For instance, tapping as you mentioned. I have been working pretty slavishly at my AP of late that sweeping sure seems easy in comparison. To the point that I can AP faster but it is only a matter of time, yeah, before my sweeping is on par as the hand synchronisation in particular improves.

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
Jenbu
Sep 21 2009, 09:27 PM
damn I missed the sweeping part and came in when the question section began sad.gif
because a forest trip with my friend after a hour we didn't know where we were :S

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Sep 21 2009, 09:32 PM
Sweeping IS fun indeed. I also just started practicing it, took one major arpeggio and trying until I get it at the right speed. Then another, then another....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 21 2009, 10:34 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I actually asked Kris a question about a sweeping pattern in Nocturnal Vision that i practised some months ago but never did it right, after asking him yesterday, decided to pick it up again, and...IT'S EASY laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Sep 21 2009, 11:40 PM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Sep 22 2009, 12:34 AM) *
I actually asked Kris a question about a sweeping pattern in Nocturnal Vision that i practised some months ago but never did it right, after asking him yesterday, decided to pick it up again, and...IT'S EASY laugh.gif

Haha! Excellent!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:44 PM