I Got A New Amp!
inertia
May 10 2008, 01:29 AM
GMC:er
Just to preface, I have been looking for an amp for the past couple of months to go with my Strats, I mainly play classic rock/blues guitar. I was leaning towards the Fender Blues Junior. However due to my wife's unforseen huge income tax payable, haha, I had to lower my budget.
So I still wanted to get a tube tone but a 5 watt amp was a bit too small for my practice amp, so I discovered Fender recently came out with these nice hybrid tube amps, the 15W version that I bought is the Super Champ XD.
It's a really nice little amp, has 15 amp settings with fx on one channel, and the first channel is a tube tone based on the blackface. I really haven't had a lot of time to play with it, as it just came in today, but I will post my impressions in a few days in this thread. I am guessing I will run my podxt live through the first channel only using fx, no amp settings on the pod.

For anyone that's interested, this is the demo video that sold me on the amp, this guy goes through all the amp settings playing on both bridge and neck pickups, a great demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aGMTrL0pGg

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:28 AM