Frustration - Need Help Please
petar64
Apr 30 2008, 11:33 PM
GMC:er
Hi to all GMCer,

im very frustrated at the moment and i need your help.

I started playing guitar a few years ago. It started with a accustic guitar and some fingerpicking. Two years ago i bought a gibson les paul studio with seymour duncan pickups. My amp is an vox ad30vt.
I didnt play constantly and with a system - just when i had the time and the mood for it. I never had a teacher and i learned everything i know from books.

A few months ago i decided to beginn learning seriously (thats why im here :-)) and i bought a effectpedal, the marshall distortion pedal guvnour because i like this oldscool southernrock sound and want to concentrate on some rock.

Well, i thought, that my playing is not so bad. After playing with the pedal i know better.
It is very bad!!!

Now i realise, that the problem is not in playing chords, rhytm, scales or simple solos.
The problem is to play it clean. In other words - my problem is the muting.

Im not able to keep the notplayed strings quiet.
I fail with everything i try. I know that it takes time to get the perfect technique - but how?
Its fine when i play powerchords. But when i play some appregios on the e, a and d string or when i play solos i cant keep the higher strings quiet. Specially the high e string. For example: when i play joes lesson muted appregios i always have some noise from the hight e string. sad.gif
I try to mute the strings with the palm of my right hand but when playing the e, a and d string i heighten the palm just enough that the high e string is not muted anymore.

Please, please, can you tell me: How do you mute?
Please give me some instructions. I searched all the lessons but i couldnt find a lesson where its explained how to mute. Maybe an Instructor can make a lesson about muting. But with explanation and not just playing.

Thank you

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:19 PM