9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Beginner Mtp Sign Up, its here
Rated Htr
Mar 2 2009, 12:27 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Will, since I wanna be part of the program, who has an open room for me? or who's gonna ditch me? laugh.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Mar 2 2009, 12:32 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 28 2009, 06:16 PM) *
I am waiting to here back from Smells. I don't want to step on anyones toes here. Velvet Rogers has also offered to help you so lets wait and see how Smells wants to proceed.

Small correction Jeff. I actually offered Farmer Joe to help him (and he is now part of my group) smile.gif, so you can go ahead if you want and things are sorted.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 2 2009, 12:35 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Sorry to barge in the conversation, but to get in you have to PM Smells? ohmy.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 2 2009, 03:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Mar 2 2009, 12:35 AM) *
Sorry to barge in the conversation, but to get in you have to PM Smells? ohmy.gif

Just send him an PM that you want to get in. I think that I can accommodate you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 2 2009, 08:45 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Ok, Will do smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 2 2009, 08:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Mar 2 2009, 08:45 PM) *
Ok, Will do smile.gif

Great, let me know when you are my mentoree. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 2 2009, 11:13 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 2 2009, 07:49 PM) *
Great, let me know when you are my mentoree. smile.gif

Sure thing, just waiting for Chris to PM me biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Mar 2 2009, 11:14 PM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Flaringo
Mar 3 2009, 09:21 PM
GMC:er
Am I too late? I've been playing for like a year and a half, but I'm still pretty bad. sad.gif Something like this would be fantastic, I just hope I'm not too late.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 3 2009, 09:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Flaringo @ Mar 3 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Am I too late? I've been playing for like a year and a half, but I'm still pretty bad. sad.gif Something like this would be fantastic, I just hope I'm not too late.

It´s not too late, you just have to sign up in this topic for the second phase.

+Quote Post
Flaringo
Mar 3 2009, 09:38 PM
Thank you!

+Quote Post
Flaringo
Mar 4 2009, 09:29 PM
Hi!

Here's my video. It's just a few riffs I've learned, but hopefully it'll give you a rough overview over how good (bad) I am.

What I would like to acheive over the coming months? I'd like to play with more accuracy and speed. I would like to develop a good technique, and some understanding of music theory (if that's covered. if not that's OK).

The style I am aiming towards is definitely metal. Bands like Megadeth, Dimmu Borgir, Ensiferum, Hieronymus Bosch (really interesting band), Judas Priest, Death etc. Metal.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L4Z64E10

(sorry for the megaupload link, the file wouldn't go in attachments, it's the best I could do)

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Mar 8 2009, 07:28 PM
Hello!

I'd like to join the MTP program too. Unfortunately, currently I can't make a video as I have to buy a new camera. My technique isn't that much to see either. I can play a great deal of open/barre chords and switch effortlessly between them, and I finished the first lesson of the pentatonics workshop with some degree of speed. I can play easy chord progression songs (Times like these acoustic, Foo Fighters) and most Nirvana stuff pretty well.

I'd like to achieve being able to do bluesy but mostly James Brown/Frusciante funky improvisations, good clean and rock rhythm playing, exotic 'chording', and playing most of RHCP's songs and one day making songs like that, too. Other styles of bands I'd like to master is Foo Fighters-esque rock, Rolling Stones stuff, and maybe some Hendrix if I will be able to manage that.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Pavlov: Mar 31 2009, 06:49 PM

+Quote Post
Jaymz
Mar 9 2009, 02:34 AM
I'll join, here's my video of me playing Heavy Metal for Beginners 3 with a few if any mistakes. My main problems are speed, down picking and tremolo picking. I already know my music theory but would like to be tested on it or introduced to more advanced concepts. I want to eventually be able to play fast/complex metal like Morbid Angel, Cynic, Nevermore, blah blah blah... but need to be on the right track playing fun stuff without getting bored. And I really do find some exercises fun but they seem to go to nowhere for me in terms of speed.
Thanks! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Jaymz: Mar 9 2009, 03:11 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MVI_1502.AVI ( 69.52MB ) Number of downloads: 189

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 10 2009, 11:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello there,

I have just found out about the MTP program an I am totally amazed to see this.

Is it to late to subscribe??? I would really like to be mentored, I am going to work on a video immediately if I can still apply.

I want to practice mainly blues, and funk rock style and learn how to improvise properly.

I know I also need to work on rythm a lot

This post has been edited by Crazy_Diamond: Mar 10 2009, 11:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Backfire
Mar 15 2009, 10:11 AM
I feel a mentor is what I really need to improve my guitar playing. I've been playing for quite a while and felt like I've been stuck at a certain skill level.

One thing I do like a lot is solos and shredding. These are some things I would love to learn or get better at.
I plan on uploading a video later to show what I can do.

+Quote Post
CurZeD
Mar 20 2009, 04:48 PM
Hello! I would also be interested this mentor thing. I really need training in every aspect of playing and it would help a lot if someone told what things i do wrong. im very interested in japanese rock and jpunk. also western punk and metal music. i would be nice to cover basics and after that more advanced stuff. I hope i could also get in if it is still possible. i have played pretty long but i have stucked pretty early stuff. i hope we see on the other side. it would be nice to have pm message if im in.

+Quote Post
glowshadow
Mar 26 2009, 05:33 PM
Learning Roadie
hello i've been playing 3 years now and would like to step in the elevator

is there anyone who could help me in Dutch!? that would be even better

please let me know, if not english is cool too..

i have this video from the christmas rock
attempt christmas rock solo .. (ivan)
i learned it in 3 days and took the video.. hope that you guys can see my level of guitarplaying and dont mind my looks..it was early tongue.gif

i really would like to play faster runs , lead solo and have a little trouble with rythem guitar

i Like hard rock - neo classic - sometimes blues and relaxt listening music .. i mean like intro from fade to black from metallica pling pling

if there are any questions please pm.. i'm here allmost every day

thanx!!!!

+Quote Post
oreomix93
Mar 29 2009, 04:36 AM
Ive been playing for a year and a half but i cant seem to find the patience to actually sit down and learn a whole lesson or song. Hopefully, if i can get into the program ill become more disciplined and focus on technique and learning things like scales. Also, i would really enjoy being able to find the right tone for my playing. As you can see in the vid ive made the classic teenage mistake of focusing on speed while learning how to play, hopefully ill be able to infuse some melody(and skill) into my playing. And does it matter if my webcam isnt great?
Attached File  2009_03_23_81650.wmv ( 12.35MB ) Number of downloads: 161

I like to listen to:
80's Thrash
NWOBHM
Melodic Death Metal
Van Halen
Prog Metal

This post has been edited by oreomix93: Mar 31 2009, 08:50 PM

--------------------
if you cant dazzle them with intelligence, dazzle them with bullsh*t

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 1 2009, 01:24 AM
Learning Roadie
I'll submit a video tomorrow provided my webcam gets here in the mail as it's set to. Just a show of interest... any ETA on this phase?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
shrednbuttah
Apr 7 2009, 05:01 AM
Well lets see I'm Eddie for those of you who don't know.. have been playing guitar for about a year now and getting completly focused and dedicated. I've always loved music, and have gotten a new found sense of self when playing guitar. I want it to be an outlet to express myself. I love blues music and would love to learn bluesy style, but not at all be restricted to it.. I love all kinds of music.. metal, rock, acoustic classical.. it all suits me in one way or another. My knowledge of theory is basic.. I've gotten through about 10-15 of andrews articles and comprehend most of it, but can't connect a lot of the knowledge and associate it in my playing. An example is pentatonic, Ivans first workshop video I can play everything smoothly up until 16th note triplets.. but have a hard time associating those pentatonic skills in my play. I know about 10-15 cover songs, and know my open chords and a decent amount about barre chords and am comfortable with them. What I would really like to do through the MTP is just improve all aspects of my play to make me a valuable guitarist. As of now I've just been playing through lessons like warming up w/ siepen, pentatonic workshop, blues soloing beginner, right hand basics, and know that if I just put in the hours of smart practice I will improve.. but what I want.. sadly.. is more! I want to eventually be the best! and knowing I'm no where close hurts! I just got a pod and webcam so I should be uploading a short video in the next couple days since I'm going out of town tomorrow. I can't wait for the harsh criticism smile.gif

--------------------
"The object of my work is to raise it above my standard"

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:38 PM