Need A New Amp But Dont Know What?! (metal)
floyo123
Dec 24 2008, 07:36 PM
GMC:er
Hi,
so have a nice Christmas everyone. So i got my money about 700-800€, and im playing a Jackson Ke1 MF, its a Kelly from 1996 but everything you need to know that it has a Seymour Duncan Invader Pickup in the Bridge (only Pickup).

My amp now is a Marshall JCM900 Full Valve 50W Combo, but im somehow right now changing my gear to metal stuff and this amp doesnt fit my style and my band´s style at all, it hasnt enought distortion, i tried many distortion pads but none was so great feeling like a real valve overdrive.

So has anyone a suggestion to get a good Metal Tone with very very very very much gain but with a well defined sound?, i thought about getting a preamp because a new good amp would be to expensive, engl heads + box is too expensive for me (the same goes for combos theyre about 1000euro).

When i thought about a Preamp i found the Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem so has anybody a good idea to get a wall of distortion out of my Marshall JCM 900?

Sorry for some misstakes in my englisch, im just a 16yrs old german ^^.

I got a picture from the guitar just for people who are interested im very proud of it because i saved my money for so a long time to buy it and now i have it. But as is said i need a new Amp Tone somehow.^^

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by floyo123: Dec 24 2008, 07:40 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:51 PM