3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Why Do You Hate Linkin Park And Emo Bands?, just curious.
man0mule
Apr 6 2008, 07:19 PM
GMC:er
I don't HATE linkin Park. I just think that allot fo thier songs are way too similar. Just like Nickleback.

I wouldn't classify Linkin Park as emo at all. Personally i dont get what makes music emo......it seems to be more about how the band dresses than what teh music sounds like. Sure My Chemical Romance dresses very emo, but thier music covers all kinds of different genres.

Genres are too limiting anyway. The good bands tend to bend, break or span more than one genre anyway. Or define new ones.

I think emo as a style of dress is really silly, but as a genre i just think it doesn't exist.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Apr 6 2008, 07:22 PM
I kind of like them. Some songs aren't bad, but others I could pass on. The only band I just can't stand to listen to is Sevenfold. They sound so unprofessional to me...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Apr 6 2008, 07:29 PM
Instructor
I hate them because they Use always the same progression to makes their songs IV - V - VII - I

ahahah so funny, and the structure is alway the same, I can predict were the middle eight will be before hear the complete song

anyway, I like some songs, like in the end, faint papercut ect. more than the band itself and also how the mix electronics and nu-metal

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 6 2008, 07:36 PM
i hate it because i think the music is ridiculously bad. The sound is sooo boring and polished, and its sooo unoriginal imo.
And i just cant stand the music itself, i think its embarrasing to listen to.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2008, 07:39 PM
Instructor
laugh.gif That's right. They use to follow a formula. But even knowing the formula I think that it is very difficult to do a great song. Don't you think so?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Apr 6 2008, 07:52 PM
I only dislike it because it doesn't do anything for me. It's just very uninteresting and therefore I'd perefer listening to silence (wich is awesome).

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 6 2008, 07:55 PM
There is a lot of hate in the world sad.gif I dislike Linkin Park and Emo. For two reasons. 1. I don't like the music. It doesn't do anything for me. And 2. They keep changing to fit the current music climate having no shred of decency. I don't hate them. I think they just go about things the wrong way.

REAL Emo is good. Like Sunny Day Real Estate. Emo like My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy etc is wrong. Image over Music.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
man0mule
Apr 6 2008, 09:43 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Mar 26 2008, 11:48 AM) *
Whinning about pointless stuff = sad.gif i love music with meaning

Stories = smile.gif
War songs = smile.gif
folk tales = smile.gif
messages = smile.gif

i don't like when bands just grab the passing band wagon and get popularity by doing whats " in " if you jump onto the music scene because your single is on MTV i think you took a negative approach to music.. bands like Green Day. Green Day when they first arrived.. i really didn't mind. they had catchy songs with good meanings that still have value today.. example Time of your life.. then they started making music for the masses.. by doing what every other band is doing.. by following the curve they created music i don't like .. my 2 cents

I remember reading an interview with Billie Joe Armstrong. He actually wrote Time of Your Life when they were recording Dookie. He didn't think that his fans were ready for it yet. That the song wouldn't be accepted. So he waited a few more albums to put it on there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Apr 8 2008, 03:54 PM
What I find ridiculous about emo is its massive appeal! The explosion over the last couple of years is a joke! IMO its an acceptable form of alterative at the moment, many teenagers feel the need to express themselves or stand out but if you do something, or dress a certain way you end up getting isolated.

So bascally EMO is kinda like a half way point, they get to express themselves (by being posers for the most part) but still have the security of a group because its such common thing now. They'll grow out of it, but Emo will make a lot of kids pick up the guitar and a good deal of them will prob stick with it long after they outgrow their tight girls jeans and sideswept, eye obscuring hairdos!

But the the big wigs see this trend ad send out waves of dime a dozen no talent bands that try to fit the ideals of the group its targeting for a profit.

As time progresses and there are more forms of communication especially the internet (myspace is an emo cesspool), and companys lusting for money, trends like this are going to only going to get bigger and bigger, where as in the past trends like punk, hardcore, goth etc etc were more underground and ot as commercial. So if you want some cash try to predict the next big trend and copyright it! :lol:

Hence EMO music is a watered-ed down well marketed pile o' rubbish! Now I'll stop ranting... :rolleyes:

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
steiner666
Apr 8 2008, 07:55 PM
I'm sure we've all seen this, but it always pops into my mind when I even hear the word "emo"

Still funny stuff

I feel old saying this, but I don't understand how the emo kids can be so moody and whiny now days. They walk around wearing new clothes they obviously picked out to fit in, listening to their damn ipods at school and then going home and playing their 360s and yet they do nothing but piss and moan about how awful their lives are... yeah right!

They might have something to whine about if they were still paying for cassette tapes and playing SNES.... Oh wait, i had to do that as a kid and i didn't go around crying... so I guess they should just shut up! lol silly emos.

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
Nathan333
Apr 8 2008, 08:21 PM
I think it's wrong that people should judge a whole genre just by the lyrics or style of the band. I also find a lot of the lyrics in emo songs are actually sung better than in some other genres. If you listen to MCR you can tell that he's really feeling it, and I think it adds a lot to music when you can get emotions in to a song as well. laugh.gif Though it can get a bit too much listening to songs about suicide all day laugh.gif But I recon that the emo style at the moment is more about dress sense than wanting to be truly emo or alternative. People just do it because everyone else does.

As for Linkin Park, I really like them, though their songs are sometimes a bit samey.

+Quote Post
man0mule
Apr 8 2008, 09:48 PM
Emo Rangers

nuff said.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Apr 9 2008, 10:30 AM
QUOTE (man0mule @ Apr 8 2008, 09:48 PM) *
Emo Rangers

nuff said.

I just see this in the related videos! laugh.gif

Tickle me emo

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:27 PM