A Demon In The Sky, My new song I started on today...
Antipolitik
Jul 28 2008, 11:54 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

I've had a break from my guitar way too long but still it's good sometimes smile.gif Hot like hell in Sweden at the moment.
Despite the heat I managed to throw a track together today, I've been listening to Throwdown (Pantera like) and some BLS during my break so I had some riffs in my head I had to put down to a song... anyway...

So, feedback on vocals, playing, mix most welcome! I got lousy old speakers so my mixes are often unbalanced !

Guitar: DF-7 preset 5 with some EQ and from the "AMP OUT" then KEFIR with ENGL speaker impulse file. (Guitar Drop C)
Bass: Ampeg SVX
Drums: AD
Vocal: Just me screaming into a compressor with some reverb and stuff lol

Updated mix: Kick tighter and higher, tweaked guitar EQ (lowered highs), unmuted a vocal track. I dub the vocals. More compressor on the whole mix. Louder. Less reverb on vocals and drum tracks.
[attachment=8921:Antipoli...e_mix_2_.mp3]

Here's the lyrics (so far):

Kill me cuz I'm alive
It's my turn to die
someone is chasing me
must be the end of time

Fire down below (can you see it?)
in a place you should know (do you know it?)

A demon in the sky hold
the world in a lie
Demon in the sky
it's your turn to die

You say you hate the war
still you come for more
Politicians in denial act like
cowards when brought to trial

speak to me, can you speak to me?

A demon from the sky hold
the world in a lie
Demon from the sky
it's your turn to die

BREAK

A demon in the sky hold
the world in a lie
Demon in the sky
it's your turn to die

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Antipolitik: Jul 29 2008, 03:37 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 29 2008, 12:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
I really enjoyed that. I like the vocals a lot! And your rythm playing is as always awesome!

I sometimes felt the bass drum disappeared from the sound mix though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Jul 29 2008, 12:56 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 29 2008, 01:35 AM) *
I really enjoyed that. I like the vocals a lot! And your rythm playing is as always awesome!

I sometimes felt the bass drum disappeared from the sound mix though.

I did not hear that .. but after you told me ... I can hear it smile.gif smile.gif ... I'll pick it up a bit next mix... so
Thaaaaaanks friend! laugh.gif

New mix at first post! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Antipolitik: Jul 29 2008, 01:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 29 2008, 04:21 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nice bro, your rhythm work is awesome! My only suggestion would be to back off the PH's a bit. Don't get me wrong, it sounds good but becomes a little "predictable". Maybe a "bend and hold" here and there or something. Just my opinion man and for the record, I think you rock! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Jul 29 2008, 11:13 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 29 2008, 05:21 AM) *
Nice bro, your rhythm work is awesome! My only suggestion would be to back off the PH's a bit. Don't get me wrong, it sounds good but becomes a little "predictable". Maybe a "bend and hold" here and there or something. Just my opinion man and for the record, I think you rock! cool.gif

Actually, I think you're right... It's just that I recently got better on those PH's so I feel like using them... well too much smile.gif But, I will def. have that in mind on my next track. Thanks dude! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 29 2008, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Great song and great Lyrics

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Skalde
Jul 30 2008, 02:17 AM
Learning Roadie
The song is a killer biggrin.gif
vocals are cool.
A song of 'Dark Age' starts exactly like yours "earnest hemingway..." did you take from there or is it a comman phrase?

This post has been edited by Skalde: Jul 30 2008, 02:18 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 30 2008, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Great riffs, I like those pinched, and very loud. Maybe just a little overloaded, because I could hear some crackling, but it's great. Vocal is also little weaker in relationship to instruments.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Jul 31 2008, 10:52 AM
QUOTE (superize @ Jul 29 2008, 12:18 PM) *
Great song and great Lyrics

QUOTE (Skalde @ Jul 30 2008, 03:17 AM) *
vocals are cool.
A song of 'Dark Age' starts exactly like yours "earnest hemingway..." did you take from there or is it a comman phrase?

THANKS GUYS! wink.gif

QUOTE (Skalde @ Jul 30 2008, 03:17 AM) *
vocals are cool.

I found it at a website... just wanted to have some kind of intro and Freeman is cool so.. wink.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 30 2008, 01:07 PM) *
Great riffs, I like those pinched, and very loud. Maybe just a little overloaded, because I could hear some crackling, but it's great. Vocal is also little weaker in relationship to instruments.

Hi Ivan... should I raise the levels or attack the mic more? Thanks for feedback, really appreciate it. I think the crackling and noise is just coming because I can't play so clean... I could put something on the strings I don't hit but that's cheating wink.gif and I don't mind a bit of dirt on my play... it's all heavy metal...

This post has been edited by Antipolitik: Jul 31 2008, 10:57 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 31 2008, 11:29 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice song, killer smile.gif

And your vocals reminds me of the singer in Mustasch sometimes, and that's a huge compliment smile.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jul 31 2008, 12:24 PM
Awesome stuff as always... nice riffin, and i like the PH in there, but im addicted to them..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:20 PM