There's Hope!, Start Over Again
JoeT
Apr 24 2007, 05:15 AM
GMC:er
I found Master Class last night and I was intrigued by the simple teaching method you demonstrated in a youtube video on tapping. So I decided to check it out, and then signed up.

Here's my story. I am 53. I started playing when I was about 8. I played in garage bands until I turned
18 and unfortunately it just about ended there. Over the years I would pick up the guitar for a while
get frustrated and put it away for years then pick it back up and start the whole cycle over again. I am still
in love with the guitar. I brings back so many great memories and the fun time my buddies and I
had playing for parties and the school dances. This time it seems different. I am blown away by artists like
Joe Satriani, David Gilmore, and too many more to mention and I say why not.

I still have a few (and I mean a few) licks I can hammer out. But I want to push it and learn more. I need help!

I've been working the scales and it's helping to limber up. I never used the alternating picking method. It takes some getting used to. But I like a challenge.

Thank you so much.

P.S. I don't think you're ever too old to learn. I got my helicopter license when I turned 50. My instructor was from Sweden, seriously.

JoeT

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Apr 24 2007, 05:31 AM
I'm always glad to see someone older than me! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JoeT
Apr 24 2007, 05:38 AM
I sucks gettin' old. I have the old folks boogie. My mind makes promises my body can't keep.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 24 2007, 07:31 AM
Welcome Joe!
I'm in a even worse state. I make promises my mind can't remember smile.gif

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Apr 24 2007, 07:31 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 24 2007, 01:55 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (JoeT @ Apr 24 2007, 12:15 AM) *
I found Master Class last night and I was intrigued by the simple teaching method you demonstrated in a youtube video on tapping. So I decided to check it out, and then signed up.

Here's my story. I am 53. I started playing when I was about 8. I played in garage bands until I turned
18 and unfortunately it just about ended there. Over the years I would pick up the guitar for a while
get frustrated and put it away for years then pick it back up and start the whole cycle over again. I am still
in love with the guitar. I brings back so many great memories and the fun time my buddies and I
had playing for parties and the school dances. This time it seems different. I am blown away by artists like

I still have a few (and I mean a few) licks I can hammer out. But I want to push it and learn more. I need help!

I've been working the scales and it's helping to limber up. I never used the alternating picking method. It takes some getting used to. But I like a challenge.

Thank you so much.

P.S. I don't think you're ever too old to learn. I got my helicopter license when I turned 50. My instructor was from Sweden, seriously.

JoeT

Welcome - us old guys need to stick together smile.gif And I love Gilmour too!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 24 2007, 03:24 PM
You found the right place smile.gif

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 24 2007, 05:23 PM
Welcome aboard Joe! Nice to see you have such a broad range of taste in guitarists....and the great thing about GMC is that you can study all of their techniques. Imagine if Gilmour had the chance to learn speedpicking, tapping, and sweeps from Satriani..... blink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Melinda
Apr 25 2007, 03:07 AM
smile.gif Welcome JoeT

I love this site. I'm 46 and really want to play lead guitar , not just strum chords. It's great to have a place like this where everyone shares this passion. Love it.
QUOTE (JoeT @ Apr 23 2007, 10:15 PM) *

Thank you so much.

JoeT

+Quote Post
JoeT
Apr 25 2007, 03:51 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 24 2007, 03:24 PM) *
You found the right place smile.gif

Thanks for the comment, Robin. I found your site. Great Stuff!!!

JoeT

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:01 AM