Audio Setings
besip
Oct 30 2010, 05:40 PM
GMC:er
hi i was work now with my sister laptop..on my old pc i was have windows xp..but my sister have new windows 7
on the laptop is just 2 jacks..1 is for output i believe and 1 is for microphone.....on the output i have plug the pc speakers and i was try to plug the guitar to microphone jack...but i dont hear any sound from the speakers...on my old pc all looks easy but on new windows i dont know how to set microphone jack to allow the guitar provide some sound

btw- sorry for my written english.. i am drink some beer now rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 30 2010, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't directly connect any guitar/amp to the computer or it's speakers, I use a Pod XT and connect it through that (USB or Midi port). That has a pre-amp built in. I can't help but think connecting directly would either sound really bad or blow up the speakers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Oct 31 2010, 08:13 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
You might need to select audio in / out in your DAW, software program. It might not be that easy. Though I think that what you are doing is not the best thing. I tried that in my PC and mac before but I always got noise and hisses so had to get a preamp which works the best. smile.gif You might want to use something like Line 6 that has a USB connection. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 31 2010, 09:36 AM
ok i will buy something like line 6 or other audio device
i was asking because i do not have any problem to get ok sound from my old pc with windows xp...but over here on the laptop with windows 7 when i plug the jack to microphone i dont have any sound

but thanks you guys anyway wink.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Mate Nagy
Oct 31 2010, 12:03 PM
You will need an audio interface to connect your guitar with the computer . . .
Line6 usb audio interfaces are really user friendly . . .

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 31 2010, 12:20 PM
Mate has a good point here. The built in audio on most laptops is just not up to recording quality as it's an unbalanced 1/8th inch input jack and the noise and interference of the computer itself adds unwanted noise. Try to get an audio interface. Here is a link to the starter line 6 model. It's on sale at Musicians Friend for about $70.
Attached Image
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/produ...mp;src=3LL6WXX1

Todd

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 31 2010, 04:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would definitely recommend getting a external usb audio interface. Pod Studio GX (or UX1/2) work awesome and you can get some really good recordings and guitar tones for home usage.

Regarding your windows 7 laptop, try finding the volume controls in the task bar. See if maybe the mic input is muted (therefor no sound) or if the volume slider is down. Try bringing it up. But overall I don't recommend playing like that on your computer. Its not ideal way to connect equipment and it will sound bad.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:59 AM