20 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Project Quadrium Riff/lyric Ideas, share our riff/lyric ideas here
Todd Simpson
May 24 2011, 08:03 AM
GMC:er
If you could download the new drums track and put the guitar tracks we've got (even if they don't match/work) in the order they should appear that would help me a lot. I would really like to hear the arrangment with the drums to give me a better idea of what lay of the land is.

Of course, we will re-record all the bits, just hearing them in the right order against the drums would be great though.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 24 2011, 03:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 24 2011, 07:03 AM) *
If you could download the new drums track and put the guitar tracks we've got (even if they don't match/work) in the order they should appear that would help me a lot. I would really like to hear the arrangment with the drums to give me a better idea of what lay of the land is.

Of course, we will re-record all the bits, just hearing them in the right order against the drums would be great though.

Sure thing Todd. I am currently syncing the latest recording riff 3 alongside with my verse riffs. After that i will post the project file to here.

Dogukan,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 24 2011, 05:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Todd here is the project file. Both riff 1 & 3 are in place. And i have put markers defines riff 2 places so you can record according to that. And riff 2 is this one: http://kompoz.com/t/130718

And here is the structure for you to see the riffs order: http://kompoz.com/t/131036

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jun 11 2011, 08:02 PM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 24 2011, 05:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
sounds great so far, guys!
I haven't done so much guitar recording for our project lately, I really have to dig deeper into Reaper to understand the program better.
Nevertheless, I have tried to sing along to the songs we've got so far, which took more time than I expected. I also experimented with different "voices", regular thrash metal singing and death metal growls basically. Once I'm 80% happy with a take I'll submit it here wink.gif
Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 24 2011, 05:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 24 2011, 04:36 PM) *
sounds great so far, guys!
I haven't done so much guitar recording for our project lately, I really have to dig deeper into Reaper to understand the program better.
Nevertheless, I have tried to sing along to the songs we've got so far, which took more time than I expected. I also experimented with different "voices", regular thrash metal singing and death metal growls basically. Once I'm 80% happy with a take I'll submit it here wink.gif
Christian

That's great! smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 25 2011, 04:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
TODD: Here is the latest project file. I ve put the extended drums that Chris has uploaded into the project. I also placed the riff 2's in their spots for you to see the structure. If you rerecord your riff 2 parts. We can finally dig into the final mix smile.gif

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jun 11 2011, 08:02 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 27 2011, 09:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Todd, i'm wandering when will you be able to record your riff part? It's time to finish our song biggrin.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 28 2011, 12:34 AM
Perfect! Thanks soooo much! I've booked out some time this weekend to record. You know your busy when you have to book yourself in to your own studio.

QUOTE (quadrium @ May 25 2011, 10:26 AM) *
TODD: Here is the latest project file. I ve put the extended drums that Chris has uploaded into the project. I also placed the riff 2's in their spots for you to see the structure. If you rerecord your riff 2 parts. We can finally dig into the final mix smile.gif

Dogukan,

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 28 2011, 01:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 27 2011, 11:34 PM) *
Perfect! Thanks soooo much! I've booked out some time this weekend to record.

AWESOME! biggrin.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2011, 09:29 PM
Here is a link to the post of the remix of Track 1 with the killer TylerT drums. Let me know what you guys think!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0#entry524988

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 27 2011, 06:34 PM) *
Perfect! Thanks soooo much! I've booked out some time this weekend to record. You know your busy when you have to book yourself in to your own studio.

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 30 2011, 09:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 30 2011, 08:29 PM) *
Here is a link to the post of the remix of Track 1 with the killer TylerT drums. Let me know what you guys think!

Loved it! It's awesome smile.gif By the way have you recorded the riff 2 part in our second song Todd? If you have upload it to kompoz and i can finish the arrangement and we can start mixing wink.gif

This post has been edited by quadrium: May 30 2011, 09:37 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
TylerT
May 31 2011, 12:23 AM
Guitar Hero
Great song guys! Saw it posted in the uploads forum...

It deserves a real drum mix! Im going to do the drums for real now!

Ill post it in an hour or two

Edit: Ive got a new mixing preset for the drums so they have more punch and sound much more aggressive!

This post has been edited by TylerT: May 31 2011, 12:23 AM

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
TylerT
May 31 2011, 01:01 AM
Guitar Hero
This is what I came up with!

[attachment=23658:project_quadrium2d.mp3]

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 31 2011, 07:09 AM
Great! Did you add/change some of the drums? The drum mix doesn't sound too much different but I think I hear some new parts?

If you would, post that drum track as an AIF or wav, or what not, or post the updated project file, etc. I"d like to hear how it sounds with the SSL compressor and Reverb on it. I think I may have the drums to quiet in the mix but really wanted the guitars to stand out. The compressor and verb really give the drums punch/life.

Here is just the drum track with plugins on it from the last mix. Toss it in a reaper project and A/B it against your solo'd drum track. It' will make the mix/plugin stuff pop out so you can hear what I'm on about. Also, notice the volume level. I've used the compressor to maximize the volume so that the final track is LOUD hopefully without being crushed.

Attached File  SSL_Drums.mp3 ( 3.76MB ) Number of downloads: 123

Thanks for your continued work on this. I'm really diggin the drums!

DOKUGAN: I'm looking at MAY25 ASCENSION FULL STEMS DRUMS and it looks like that one part that is repeated several times in the start is still out of tune and a bit out of time. Also, it seems to repeat 6 or 7 times almost in a row, broken up only by one rotation of that lick I tossed in. It is a bit repetetive. Either way it needs to be recorded to match the drums and with a new attempt at tuning perhaps? If you record just one loop. We can repeat it inside reaper.

It seems that the part your asking me to record is in this version but is just not synched up with the drums. The recording sounds good to me so I"ll just move it around to match the drums.

QUOTE (TylerT @ May 30 2011, 07:01 PM) *
This is what I came up with!

[attachment=23658:project_quadrium2d.mp3]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 31 2011, 07:19 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 31 2011, 08:47 AM
NEW UPDATED VERSION:

Todd here smile.gif I finally got a listen with the drums in place and I think I have a better idea of everything. I thought it would help the song to move some bits around. I Put my funky/metal riff in the start then transition to christians lick as it has pull offs, then flowed in to Dokugans lick which has the most pull offs so that musically it builds and makes a bit more sense.

I re-recorded my parts and christians part and Dokugans part. I was hoping not to but, whatever works. smile.gif As long as we are all trying and moving forward as a group, I guess it doesn't matter who does what really.

So take a look at the new version and see what you think. These riffs can be copied and pasted later in the timeline as needed. I"m liking the drums on these so big props to Chris!

Here is a preview
Attached File  May31NewAscension.mp3 ( 3.65MB ) Number of downloads: 131

and here is the new Reaper Project
Attached File  MAY31ASCENSION.zip ( 23.77MB ) Number of downloads: 91

Todd

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 31 2011, 02:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 31 2011, 07:47 AM) *
NEW UPDATED VERSION:

Todd here smile.gif I finally got a listen with the drums in place and I think I have a better idea of everything. I thought it would help the song to move some bits around. I Put my funky/metal riff in the start then transition to christians lick as it has pull offs, then flowed in to Dokugans lick which has the most pull offs so that musically it builds and makes a bit more sense.

I re-recorded my parts and christians part and Dokugans part. I was hoping not to but, whatever works. smile.gif As long as we are all trying and moving forward as a group, I guess it doesn't matter who does what really.

So take a look at the new version and see what you think. These riffs can be copied and pasted later in the timeline as needed. I"m liking the drums on these so big props to Chris!

Here is a preview

Todd

Woooow! Loved it! I'm downloading the project file and gonna make the final arrangement smile.gif Great job as always Todd smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
May 31 2011, 05:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey, that's great smile.gif

I noticed you exxxed out the intro. Charges right in?
Dokugan, if you can upload the new arrangement in its entirety to Kompoz, then I'll rearrange the drums to make sure they match the new arrangement.

I'll let you guys take care of the mix / maximizing of the drums as I have *no* experience whatsoever in mixing. Something on my to-do-list smile.gif

I think we're almost there. I guess bass and vocals are next huh?

Chris

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 31 2011, 12:47 AM) *
NEW UPDATED VERSION:

Here is a preview

Todd

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 31 2011, 06:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 31 2011, 04:14 PM) *

Dokugan, if you can upload the new arrangement in its entirety to Kompoz, then I'll rearrange the drums to make sure they match the new arrangement.

I'll let you guys take care of the mix / maximizing of the drums as I have *no* experience whatsoever in mixing. Something on my to-do-list smile.gif

Chris

Yeah smile.gif I have finished the arrangement and uploading to kompoz right now named May31Final. And yeah we are almost there wink.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2011, 06:47 AM
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 31 2011, 11:14 AM) *

Chris

Thanks smile.gif I actually just trimmed the intro out for the preview but I think it might work better without it. We already have a song that sort of starts that way. Just busting in to it might work wink.gif

Thanks SOOOOO much for your help in creating/producing a solid drum track! This song was just not working for me without one. It really makes it RAWK. Bass and Vocals are next smile.gif I hope that we get a volunteer to bring something to the table with Bass/vocals. Worst case scenario, I can do the Bass tracks again. But I"m hoping other folks at least give it a shot. That's the whole point of all this wink.gif

As for mixing, it's really not that hard one you give it a go!! Once you install reaper (when you get your new riggage) I"d be happy to have a quick skype session with you to walk you through the basics smile.gif You've got a great ear so it's sort of tragic to me that you aren't mixing! Gotta fix that and I'll help!

QUOTE (quadrium @ May 31 2011, 12:13 PM) *
Yeah smile.gif I have finished the arrangement and uploading to kompoz right now named May31Final. And yeah we are almost there wink.gif

Dogukan,

Woohoo! I stayed up till about 4AM working / reworking the mix, then just re recording and arranging but it was worth it smile.gif

I took the liberty of updating our QUADRIUM facebook post with the new preview with drums. I pulled the old preview as it had lots gaps and such which is just where we were at the time.

Now just Bass and Vocals! Any ideas?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2011, 09:18 AM
HOLD THE PHONE/PRESSES! UPDATE ON ASCENSION PARADOX!

ARRGGHHH@@@@!!!!!!!!! I just realized that the "Sister Lick" I wrote for what is now the intro lick isn't even in the song! I wrote these two licks as a sort of "Call and response" both have a very similar structure and pair well. They then lead in to the next set by introducing buts like the pull offs and such. I"ve recorded the lick in and placed it in a new reaper project.

Here is a preview. Give this a listen and tell me what you think smile.gif I've got to say I think the lick works quite well with that spiff breakdown in the drums and then goes in to a cool mosh drum bit which works very well. That's where it transitions to the next riff now. Let me know what you think smile.gif

Having drums to work with has made things a TON better.
Attached File  June1_NewAscension.zip ( 20.16MB ) Number of downloads: 88

Attached File(s)
Attached File  june1NewAscension.mp3 ( 4.3MB ) Number of downloads: 95

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:47 AM