> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Rocknroll Ninja's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2013, 09:32 PM
Instructor
Hi RocknRoll Ninja!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not really just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 24 2013, 10:12 PM
GMC:er
Hi Gab,

first of thank you for let me join your army.
I literally started to "play" 3 days ago but i always wanted to learn to play guitar.My first real moment with music was when i heard Janis Joplin singin i was about 6 and it was on tv.Im still a die hard Janis fan but i mainly into punk and alternative rock.I love Fugazi, Ramones, Stone Temple Pilots, L7 and Huske Du.First time i wanted to learn to play guitar when i heard Cherub Rock from the Pumpkins.My brother was lovely enough to buy me a guitar as present (yamaha pacifica 311h) its a solid guitar really massive and i love the feel of the wood.3 days ago i started to practice Bear's first lesson.First day i managed to play half an hour without pain and since then i can increase the time coze its less "painfull".I think I soon gonna nail the lesson i just need to play it faster.My job let me practise atleast 2 hours a day and im really serious about it biggrin.gif

I dont have anything to record with yet.I just started my guitar journey biggrin.gif

Sorry about the long story.

Suzi

ps. Lets destroy the enemy biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2013, 10:42 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for your nice introduction! As I said in another thread, we have really close musical tastes so we definitely must work together! I remember myself playing over Ramones Mondo Bizarro & Mania for lots of hours every day when I was starting to play guitar.

Some questions:

1. You started working on the lesson 1 from the beginner's corner. How do you feel it? Is it too difficult? what things are giving you problems?
2. Do you have a webcam? Which one?
3. Do you have a soundcard? It in on-board or external?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 24 2013, 10:50 PM
1. Yeah i started to work on that one.I can play it slow im working on the changes.Its literally gets easier every try.I need to work on to speed it up altough i would really love to practice more but i dont wanna miss a day or two because of blisters on my fingertips so i have to stop sometimes even when i dont want to.but im totally gonna wake up earlier tomorrow just to practice biggrin.gif

2. I use and old thinkpad so it doesnt have a webcam but i can buy one next motnh without problem.The only thing is I cant play loud only through headphone because of my neighbours but i happy to buy something i can record with quietly if its possible.

If its okay i would like to work on some basic things until i can get something to record with.If u can show me some easy lessons i should work on after this one.

thanks,

Suzi

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2013, 10:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RocknRoll Ninja @ Feb 24 2013, 06:50 PM) *
1. Yeah i started to work on that one.I can play it slow im working on the changes.Its literally gets easier every try.I need to work on to speed it up altough i would really love to practice more but i dont wanna miss a day or two because of blisters on my fingertips so i have to stop sometimes even when i dont want to.but im totally gonna wake up earlier tomorrow just to practice biggrin.gif

2. I use and old thinkpad so it doesnt have a webcam but i can buy one next motnh without problem.The only thing is I cant play loud only through headphone because of my neighbours but i happy to buy something i can record with quietly if its possible.

If its okay i would like to work on some basic things until i can get something to record with.If u can show me some easy lessons i should work on after this one.

thanks,

Suzi

yes! there is no problem. Take your time until you feel comfortable to share something with me!

I don't know what a thinkpad is... do you use it instead of a computer for internet?

and another question, what amp do you use?

Sorry for all these questions! It is for being able to guide you. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 24 2013, 11:06 PM
No problem.Sorry thinkpad is a Lenovo laptop its basicly for business people but they are really well built but its an old one.I use a Peawey 7w amp i know its not too good but its enough for me atm.If u can recommend me something i would be really grateful

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2013, 11:11 PM
Instructor
Does it have a line in or mic in input?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 24 2013, 11:13 PM
No sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2013, 11:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RocknRoll Ninja @ Feb 24 2013, 07:13 PM) *
No sad.gif

The thinkpad doesn't have?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 24 2013, 11:18 PM
Sorry yess my thinkpad has a mic input biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2013, 01:27 AM
Instructor
Ahh ok! So please download Asio4all which is a free driver to emulate more expensive, this free plugins to emulate guitar amps: http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com.ar/ and download the free version of Reaper. Install everything and let me know when it's ready!

http://www.reaper.fm/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 25 2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks Mate!

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 25 2013, 05:29 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 25 2013, 12:27 AM) *
Ahh ok! So please download Asio4all which is a free driver to emulate more expensive, this free plugins to emulate guitar amps: http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com.ar/ and download the free version of Reaper. Install everything and let me know when it's ready!

http://www.reaper.fm/

Hey Gab,

I installed everything now im waiting for my mini jack adapter hopefully arrive soon biggrin.gif
Till then I have a little problem i can do the chord changes now but its doesnt sound to "fluid" if u know what imean.

thanks,
Suzi

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2013, 08:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RocknRoll Ninja @ Feb 25 2013, 01:29 PM) *
Hey Gab,

I installed everything now im waiting for my mini jack adapter hopefully arrive soon biggrin.gif
Till then I have a little problem i can do the chord changes now but its doesnt sound to "fluid" if u know what imean.

thanks,
Suzi

Well done! The adapter was something necessary to connect your guitar. I understand what you mean about chord changes, this is the most difficult part of playing chord progressions and song when we are beginning. The is not a big secret, practice is the key but let me share my method. I find much more effective to work with not too many chords, I start with two chords. Practice changing your finger positions from one chord to the second one and then get back to the first chord. Pay attention to the movement that each finger must do, where each find will go. Also, you always have to try to keep your fingers the closer to the fret board than you can (this is another important tip to be able to change chords fluently). Practice in this way and let me know how it goes. Be patient. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 25 2013, 08:14 PM
[quote name='Gabriel Leopardi' date='Feb 25 2013, 07:01 PM' post='634604']
Well done! The adapter was something necessary to connect your guitar. I understand what you mean about chord changes, this is the most difficult part of playing chord progressions and song when we are beginning. The is not a big secret, practice is the key but let me share my method. I find much more effective to work with not too many chords, I start with two chords. Practice changing your finger positions from one chord to the second one and then get back to the first chord. Pay attention to the movement that each finger must do, where each find will go. Also, you always have to try to keep your fingers the closer to the fret board than you can (this is another important tip to be able to change chords fluently). Practice in this way and let me know how it goes. Be patient. smile.gif
[/quote

Okaay i will do that I know i have to be more patient and im going to be and try the method u mentioned explained I have time to master the lesson till my adapter arrives tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2013, 08:16 PM
Instructor
Excellent! Please keep me updated! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 26 2013, 11:05 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 25 2013, 07:16 PM) *
Excellent! Please keep me updated! smile.gif

Gab my pinky finger less rebel now.I worked on changin G chord to D half an hour and im getting better.Sorry im gonna be really slow in the beginning.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2013, 02:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RocknRoll Ninja @ Feb 26 2013, 07:05 AM) *
Gab my pinky finger less rebel now.I worked on changin G chord to D half an hour and im getting better.Sorry im gonna be really slow in the beginning.

You are not being slow!! Well done. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
RocknRoll Ninja
Feb 27 2013, 11:12 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 26 2013, 01:38 PM) *
You are not being slow!! Well done. smile.gif

Hey Gab,

I can do all the chord changes now im working on the strumming part biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2013, 02:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RocknRoll Ninja @ Feb 27 2013, 07:12 AM) *
Hey Gab,

I can do all the chord changes now im working on the strumming part biggrin.gif

wou! you are going fast mate! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:38 AM