2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Rating On Lessons
Darfuria
Apr 20 2008, 11:47 PM
GMC:er
Instead of rating the lesson on a scale of 1-5 on how much you enjoyed it, etc. how about rating it on how difficult you found it to follow, or how well you learnt from it? This, combined with feedback, would give the instructors some information on what they need to improve on to make their lessons easy to follow, and it shouldn't turn in to a popularity contest at the same time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 21 2008, 12:05 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 20 2008, 01:42 PM) *
I don't like the idea at all.
I'm opposed to that we should rate the lessons, it could rather turn out to be a rating of the instructors rather than the lesson, or a mix of both so in the end what would it tell us?

I also dislike the rating system in the forum. It's a bit silly, rating people for who they are. dry.gif

I fully agree. We have been though this before.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 21 2008, 07:46 AM
Here you go...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=13377

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
StringBender
Apr 21 2008, 01:39 PM
I see you guys allready went true this in another thread, I still want to make a comment.

To be constructive:
Would a rating system actually make a lesson you are learning at that time better?
I think not. It *might* make futher lessons better. To give a instructor a bad rating for his lesson will not give him the feedback he needs. It might demotivate him to build a new one.

To help make lessons better I think: (example) a 5 question Poll(with good questions in it) would improve the future lessons made buy the instructer better because he get's targeted feedback. There are tons of other ways to give the instructer good feedback but a rating system is not. A rating system is more suited for a populairity contest.

--------------------
Guitar: Ibanez Gio
Amp: Kustom
FX: Line 6 Pod X3
DAW: Cubase SE 3, Reason 3
Synth: Roland Fantom X6 Workstation
PC:P4 Win XP Dual 2.6 Ghz 2 GB RAM ATI Radeon 9200

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 21 2008, 01:57 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Instead of a poll, perhaps the current feedback system can be used properley by all users.

I used to leave comments such as "Wow, thanks, great lesson"..on almost all lessons.

Now if i dont have a detailed feedback of what i like and dislike about the lesson, then i won't post.

I usually comment on whats better about the lesson versus previous lessons and also ask for whatever i feel would make future lessons better.

I think some people are too shy to ask for what they want beneath the lessons, so instead just stick to "Great, Thanks!"

I mean: what does great mean anyway? Perfect? Almost there? I like some of it?

Too vague...

Let's use the current system properley before deciding on implementing a new one!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:43 AM