Esp Ltd F-400
Rtb
Dec 18 2007, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jul 31 2008, 09:51 AM

--------------------
www.myspace.com/grimlethorde
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goliath
Dec 18 2007, 03:49 AM
Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you're just as pumped as me with my new LTD (DV8-R). I can't put it down. Good review.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 18 2007, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Looks pretty sick! I like to see pictures of new guitars - keep'em coming! Congrats on your purchase m8! smile.gif

EDIT: spelling

This post has been edited by Pavel: Dec 18 2007, 09:43 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
stratman33
Dec 18 2007, 09:05 PM
thats awesome mate!ive been looking at some LTD's for a while now also.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 18 2007, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Very nice looking LTD mate, I love the inlays, they are just so METAL!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 19 2007, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Great review man, and a great guitar smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Rtb
Dec 19 2007, 04:25 PM
I like a guitar that looks agressive on stage. I'll post pick of live performance as soon as possible, but currently we are preparing our 2nd album, so our gigs are only scheduled for March 2008. Then I will give more info.

Hope you find the review helpful. I only find it's a pitty that there are no signature series on this model, but the more rare it is, the more impact it causes.... You just can't have it all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 21 2007, 12:56 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Seeing this review made me want to buy it...

What's the dealer you contacted?

Manos Portugueses...Mais musica para Portugal biggrin.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Rtb
Dec 21 2007, 03:24 AM
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Nice to find a brethen here.

The only place I found that sold ESP LTD was

http://www.lojamusica.com/ (coimbra)

I had to pay 20% in advance and then wait about a month. Currently I know no other stores that deal with ESP LTD in Portugal, and I've searched quite a bit...

If you want it cheaper, you can also order it online. For example, musik store in germany is reliable, and you pay on delivery, not by credit card in advance.

http://www.musicstore.de/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 21 2007, 03:27 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Ok thanks...Rock on =D

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Casper
May 27 2008, 06:39 AM
Oi aonde en pt tu vives? Im thinking of buying the F-2E but i'll probably save up for the F-400 seing the pickups and everything seem a hell of a lot better

--------------------
Guitars:EsP-LtD F-2E, Jackson King V, Fender Strat

MFX: Pandora PX5D, Zoom 505. Sennheiser HD25 mk II Headphones

Blown Amp :(

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
May 28 2008, 02:14 AM
Instructor
Congrats!!! Great guitar and review!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
steiner666
Jul 19 2008, 03:33 PM
i was trying to decide between one of these and the MH-400NT that i ended up getting for a long time. They are really good looking guitars with good features.

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 24 2008, 12:27 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thanks for the review mate ! Very useful! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Jul 24 2008, 05:59 AM
hey man i just bought this guitar today and was trying it out for the first time and i noticed somethign about the sound. Maybe its just me or me being used to my schetcer c1 hellraiser but it sounded to dry and twangy, i was EXTREMELY displeased with the tone of this guitar. I'm thinkin with the installation of a graphite bridge and power strings and getting the gutar re-set along with action should help a little but over all i dont like the sound. I also bought a compression pedal that im going to return for the 10-band eq pedal in hopes that it will fix that irritating twang/dry/trebley mix it comes standard with.

Please tell me you know what im talking about and that im not just crazy or to picky=P

I dont want to return this thing because of its unique-ness and beauty but if it doesn't play to my standards it doesn't seem like i have a choice=(

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover

+Quote Post
kebsis
Feb 23 2009, 04:39 AM
QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Jul 24 2008, 06:59 AM) *
hey man i just bought this guitar today and was trying it out for the first time and i noticed somethign about the sound. Maybe its just me or me being used to my schetcer c1 hellraiser but it sounded to dry and twangy, i was EXTREMELY displeased with the tone of this guitar. I'm thinkin with the installation of a graphite bridge and power strings and getting the gutar re-set along with action should help a little but over all i dont like the sound. I also bought a compression pedal that im going to return for the 10-band eq pedal in hopes that it will fix that irritating twang/dry/trebley mix it comes standard with.

Please tell me you know what im talking about and that im not just crazy or to picky=P

I dont want to return this thing because of its unique-ness and beauty but if it doesn't play to my standards it doesn't seem like i have a choice=(

What's up man.

This guitar has EMG 81's in both the bridge and neck positions. Those pickups are generally used for metal music...ie they have a tighter, more compressed sound to them but work very well with alot of distortion. Most ESP guitars that have EMG pickups come stock with an EMG 60 in the neck position for clean and bluesy tones. I suppose ESP figured that this guitar has such a 'metal' look to it that most people would want two 81s.

Luckily, EMG pickups are made to be easily switched out...you pretty much just pop out the old one and snap in the new one, without having to pull out the innards or do any soldering. For the tone you're looking for you might want to consider an 89 or 89r instead of a 60 (that's what I use personally) but they both cost about 100 bucks US.

EMG actually makes a bunch of pickups so you might wanna go to a local music store and see if you can't mess around with a few of them to find one you like. Since it's so easy to do I would recommend trying that first and foremost.

Good luck with that, hope all this helps man.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:09 PM