Fender Announce Transition From Rosewood – CITES
Mertay
May 20 2017, 08:08 PM
GMC:er
I posted some info before about CITES affects to guitar industry, most was rumor but some rumours turned out to be true;

https://blog.andertons.co.uk/guitars/fender-rosewood

This also means high-end (or vintage spec.) Fender-Gibson etc. guitars with rosewood fretboards will have a price increase sooner or later (depending on their stock). Hard to say but my guess is in 1 max 2 years we will start noticing the price increases so now is a goood time to save for a rosewood fretboard dream guitar if anyone has in mind.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom51
May 21 2017, 09:54 AM
Learning Roadie
Very interesting - thank you Mertay!
I always wanted a 60ies Telecaster with rosewood fretboard. So maybe time is near to try a few. I am afraid othe vendors will follow (Gibson, PRS...) and all the rosewood that comes down in Asia each year with the monsoon will have to rot then. (Indian rosewood is nowadays mostly sourced from such broken trees after monsoon time)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 21 2017, 12:52 PM
QUOTE (Tom51 @ May 21 2017, 08:54 AM) *
Very interesting - thank you Mertay!
I always wanted a 60ies Telecaster with rosewood fretboard. So maybe time is near to try a few. I am afraid othe vendors will follow (Gibson, PRS...) and all the rosewood that comes down in Asia each year with the monsoon will have to rot then. (Indian rosewood is nowadays mostly sourced from such broken trees after monsoon time)

I don't think harvest will get worst, its just the certification process thats making things more expensive. As I understand no matter where the rosewood is coming from, as soon as it changes a country this extra tax will apply.

This might even cause the builders to skip off lowest price rosewood, to make most of the payed tax they'll try to make the most of it. Just a hope, but even if paying more I'd like to see the quality of wood to increase.

Thats why pre-2000 (or older) used guitars are valued so much, while build quality issues are lesser these days even mid-priced guitar to me don't have the beginner quality wood of the old days.

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 21 2017, 12:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 21 2017, 03:24 PM
Now's the time to buy.

Economically speaking the market now is flat in regard to guitars.
You can find good deals on Teles and Strats from the early to mid 2000s. Look for American 'Series' Fenders from 2000 to 2007. *A good deal means around $1000 US.

Once the general populace gets wind that most of the Mexican Fenders will now have a Pao Ferro board, anything American with a Rosewood board is gonna climb steadily in price.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:41 PM