Walkthrough Of My Home Studio
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 26 2015, 09:45 AM
GMC Founder
I got a request to do this kind of video and it was surprisingly fun, I might do more of them. I got to sit down and speak about myself for 25 minutes, that must be every guitarists dream! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Lester
Feb 26 2015, 01:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Good stuff Kris!

I'm intrigued by the black box thing on the left of your desk, I couldn't hear the name...what's it called? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 26 2015, 01:53 PM
GMC Founder
I think you might referring the the Kemper amp? (more about it here). Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 26 2015, 06:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
really cool vid, Kris. Very interesting to hear about your guitars and the mods you've had done to them. smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 26 2015, 11:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Sweet setup Kris!

I remember quite a few years back you had an Ibanez (or at least I think it was) with blue shark tooth inlays. Is this something you eventually got rid of to make room for something else? Just curious, I remember you used it in a cover of the Sweet Child O Mine solo - always was curious as to what guitar it was, exactly.

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Feb 26 2015, 11:51 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2015, 07:00 AM
GMC:er
Very cool vid! I'd say more!
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 26 2015, 04:45 AM) *
I got a request to do this kind of video and it was surprisingly fun, I might do more of them. I got to sit down and speak about myself for 25 minutes, that must be every guitarists dream! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 27 2015, 08:09 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Feb 26 2015, 11:51 PM) *
Sweet setup Kris!

I remember quite a few years back you had an Ibanez (or at least I think it was) with blue shark tooth inlays. Is this something you eventually got rid of to make room for something else? Just curious, I remember you used it in a cover of the Sweet Child O Mine solo - always was curious as to what guitar it was, exactly.

It was an RG 770. I sold it to buy my strat, I don't really regret that decision - although I would have loved to keep both as it was a great guitar.

Later on I got an RG2550, which I did not like (so I sold it).

QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 26 2015, 06:44 PM) *
really cool vid, Kris. Very interesting to hear about your guitars and the mods you've had done to them. smile.gif

Yes I have learned that a great guitar can become awesome with some modifications. Thanks Bleez!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2015, 03:36 AM
"SOLD MY RG770!" ohmy.gif Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif I've always wanted a 770. But then again I'm a bit of an Ibby fan. For those new to Ibby, the 770 is claimed by many ibby fans to be a nearly perfect instrument from the "Golden Era" ibby days. I feel your pain on selling to get the next guitar as I've done it myself!!! It's like OUCH!!!!!!!!! smile.gif I do plan to be buried with MIJ RG560.

KRIS: Quick question what did you think of the F4 pickup in the 770? It's a dimarzio built just for that axe.

Here is Mr. Paul Gilbert from his long hair days in an add featuring the 770 among other drool worthy Vintage Ibbys.
Attached Image

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 27 2015, 03:09 PM) *
It was an RG 770. I sold it to buy my strat, I don't really regret that decision - although I would have loved to keep both as it was a great guitar.

Later on I got an RG2550, which I did not like (so I sold it).

Yes I have learned that a great guitar can become awesome with some modifications. Thanks Bleez!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 28 2015, 03:42 AM

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Feb 28 2015, 03:39 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 28 2015, 02:36 AM) *
"SOLD MY RG770!" ohmy.gif Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

Todd felt a chill go down his spine when Kris was typing that tongue.gif

"My Ibanez senses are tingling!"

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 28 2015, 10:57 AM
GMC Founder
hehe yes sold indeed. To an Ibby collector so it should be in good hands.

The pickups must have been great because I liked the sound, the single coil tones were great as well. I did not like the sound of the custom Dimarzio pickups in the RG2550 though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2015, 08:55 PM
Glad it went to a good home smile.gif Yeah, the 2550 is just not quite the same.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 28 2015, 05:57 AM) *
hehe yes sold indeed. To an Ibby collector so it should be in good hands.

The pickups must have been great because I liked the sound, the single coil tones were great as well. I did not like the sound of the custom Dimarzio pickups in the RG2550 though.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 1 2015, 09:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Lovely studio space. cool.gif

Here's mine. Click for a big pic wink.gif

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 1 2015, 09:54 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 1 2015, 10:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 1 2015, 08:54 PM) *
Lovely studio space. cool.gif

Here's mine. Click for a big pic wink.gif

Phil

oooh very nice looking room indeed smile.gif
what is that guitar in the middle with the green and red pickups?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 1 2015, 11:02 PM
GMC Founder
YEAH - very inspiring setup Phil! Would love to try those axes out *drools*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 2 2015, 12:04 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 1 2015, 09:31 PM) *
oooh very nice looking room indeed smile.gif
what is that guitar in the middle with the green and red pickups?

Thanks Scott, it's a Fender Squire HMIII. I ordered it thinking it would like a HM Strat. The advert said "Squire HMIII Strat in red and blue crackle finish". When I opened the box I was well chuffed. I added the red and green DiMarzio Pad Pro pups and swapped the stock trem for a Schaller version from a bloke called Simon Lees (GOTY winner) who was my teacher at the time. Apparently when Ibanez saw this guitar they created the S Series to compete, I've owned an S and the dimensions are very very close. It's a lovely guitar and was made in '89.

Cheers

Phil

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 1 2015, 10:02 PM) *
YEAH - very inspiring setup Phil! Would love to try those axes out *drools*

You are most welcome Kris, next time you are in England give me a shout wink.gif
Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 2 2015, 09:26 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 1 2015, 11:04 PM) *
Thanks Scott, it's a Fender Squire HMIII. I ordered it thinking it would like a HM Strat. The advert said "Squire HMIII Strat in red and blue crackle finish". When I opened the box I was well chuffed. I added the red and green DiMarzio Pad Pro pups and swapped the stock trem for a Schaller version from a bloke called Simon Lees (GOTY winner) who was my teacher at the time. Apparently when Ibanez saw this guitar they created the S Series to compete, I've owned an S and the dimensions are very very close. It's a lovely guitar and was made in '89.

sounds pretty cool. I've never seen one before, I'll bet they are quite rare now.
There seem to be a few quirky squiers kicking about. I recently saw a vid from 2011 with Joanne shaw taylor and she was playing a squier 51, I'd never seen one of those either ( maybe I just lead a sheltered life! ) It looked really sweet. Thoman have them for about 200 quid. If I wasnt saving for a fender tele I'd be tempted to get one!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 2 2015, 09:36 AM
Yeah apart from the two horns this is nothing like a strat. No cutaway on the back or angle on the front top. If you have ever seen an ibanez S, this is almost identical all except the heel where the neck joins the body. Ibanez copied it.
Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 2 2015, 10:33 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 2 2015, 12:04 AM) *

Cool I had no idea either, I have been looking at Ibanez S from time to time though. Someday I'd like to have one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 6 2015, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread Kris.

Here is the guitar a bit closer.

Click the pic for a bigger view wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 6 2015, 10:40 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:14 AM