2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hard Rock Soloing Collaboration - Final Results
Emir Hot
Nov 12 2008, 03:26 PM
Instructor
Hi

Thanks everyone for their entry. It has been a great honour to run this collaboration and mix this track as there are some very interesting solos played. It took a couple of days for mixing and typing comments. To be really honest I was expecting a bit more quality playing overall. Because of that I didn't want to give comments right after I put each solo in the mix. I thought it might be me who is not in a mood for judging so I decided to wait one more day and listen to it with a clear head. The day after my impression was a bit better so the overall mark of the whole collaboration would be 7/10. I wouldn't be this strict if this was a normal GMC collaboration. Knowing the fact that you are all teachers I think the result should be a bit better. Half of you failed to export the track correctly so I had to match my backing manually. Not really a big deal but I remember explaining it several times how to export the track. Also almost everyone exported stereo track which is totally unnecessary for solo guitar recording. I was also expecting to have dry takes for mixing (no delay, reverb etc…) but very few people sent it like that.

I am going in order as heard on the track which is the order sorted by date of receiving solos.

Muris Varajic

Very nice and top technical playing Muris. We all know that there is not much to be added on your amazing guitar skills. However for this track I think it's a bit overplayed. I named this collaboration "Hard Rock" but to me your playing sounded more like Rusty Cooley at some points. I really liked the first part. After that the storm began smile.gif There was no need for playing hundreds of different extremely fast things that started almost out of nowhere. It created a bit of mess instead of focusing more on a melody and gradually building the tension in the solo. I know you said the backing sounded nice to you so you rushed to record it first. Maybe because of that rush and excitement we have this storm of top speed shred licks. I would rather have 2 very fast arpeggios in the middle part and the rest spend on a melody but that's just a personal taste. In the part 3 you tried to follow the riff from the backing track which sounds cool. The interesting thing is that 3 people played exactly the same thing in their solos smile.gif It might be a coincidence or they heard your take so many times and unconsciously recorded it. The very last fast lick sounded a bit undefined but it ended correctly so you saved it smile.gif . Apart from these little style issues I seriously don't have to add anything on your extremely versatile playing. It is just on a level of top world players.

Andrew Cockburn

When I first heard this take I really liked it. I still do but after listening several times I noticed something that bothered me a lot. First, your guitar sound was strange. Something like a distorted chorused effect and a frequency sharp like a knife. Maybe it sounded better on your speakers but I tried my best to stick it in the mix properly so this is what I ended up with. Second, I think you are out of tune on some notes. You entered the solo really nicely and the most beautiful part was how you approached the Gm chord where the middle section starts. Really great note choice but right after that a couple of (out of tune) notes appeared and spoiled the whole thing a bit. Also your bends were not really precise and sounded out of tune. I liked that you used a b5 note a couple of times. It automatically gave it a bit of Black Sabbath feel. In my opinion this solo has one of the best structures if I look at the steps you chose to go. Sometimes I had impression that you were afraid to use strong and wild vibrato which in this style is almost necessary. Your playing would sound 30% more powerful and that's what hard rock is all about - powerful. Think of Zakk WyIde vibrato and you'll get my point. The middle part started good. You played the right scales in 16th notes but the last note (A note) sounded weak and almost had no definition as there was no vibrato applied. The start of the 3rd part had a great flow but I would just add pinched harmonics on your minor 3rd (F) notes and it would give it more rocky feel. Overall I think this could have been one of my favourite takes if these things were fixed but anyway, very well done. Thanks.

Kristofer Dahl

This is a really interesting solo. Good concept, nice licks and a very nice note choice. Things that I am very happy with are: vibrato, nice flow, building the atmosphere in a right order, picking and confidence. Now the opposite: phrasing not in time, wrong notes played sometimes. I will start with phrasing.

1:44 – 1:47 lick not in time – I understood that you wanted to play 16th notes over 3 notes in the lick but this was not really tight.

2:14 – 2:15 very nice lick but also a bit out of time.

Now about the wrong notes

1:51 – 1:54 this Dorian run started beautiful but you finished with adding major 3rd note which sounded very weird. The chord is D5 so you could have chosen which scale to play. If you started with blues or Mixolydian scale then the major 3rd would somehow work but if you started with Dorian (which is a minor scale) then the major 3rd note gives a totally wrong impression. You could have mixed Aeolian and Dorian that would work, but mixing major and minor scale in this context just didn't sound right to me.

2:03 – 2:05 here is nearly obvious that you were not sure which note you wanted to go for (C or Db). Sounds like you wanted Db but you were late to execute it. The key here is Gm and this issue happens over the Eb major chord. The obvious scale would be Eb Lydian so Db note doesn't really work. However both C and Db notes exist in Mixolydian or Lydian b7. If you really wanted to go for any of these scales then it's my fault.

All other things were really nicely done. I wouldn't judge your playing this strict if I knew that you are not as good player as you are. That's why it bothered me how come that I hear these little minor timing issues from such a professional guitarist. I liked your rock bends a lot. The great thing about this solo is that the melody was developed very clever. It sounds catchy and easily acceptable. The very fast diminished arpeggio was maybe too much in the middle of a nice melody flow. It sounded shocking a little because it interrupted the nice melody but just a personal opinion.

Overall this is still a beautiful job and you are a very skilled and versatile player. Well done.

Jose Mena

I think you are one of the most talented guitarists on this website. I enjoyed every single lesson you made since I became a GMC member. Your picking technique is great and amount of confidence you have is something that many should pick as the most useful tip. Sometimes when I look at your videos, I find you as a perfectionist. In this solo you clearly demonstrated the picking, speed and some great rock/metal licks. I heard many of these from Paul Gilbert before. Now I would like to tell you what I would do to make this solo even better. If you replace part 3 with part 1 and opposite it would sound much better in my oppinion. In part 3 (when the main riff starts again) you followed the riff and slowly started getting into a faster stuff. That would definitely fit better in the beginning. One thing that you used 95% is 16th triplets. Don't you think it's not necessary to just keep playing those? You had a chance for at least 2 chunks of normal 16th notes and maybe a couple of other note groups. The amount of a nice melody in the middle suffered as you had no time for developing it more because of too many 16th triplet licks. If you wanted to show that you are a master of picking 16th triplets, you definitely showed it but the problem is that you kept showing it all the time. I wanted to hear more of your creative work apart from 16th triplets. One more thing I noticed was when you finishing the phrase, you don't really exit the phrase carefully. Many times you just cut it like with the scissors instead of making it softer and a nicely finished. Also you often chose to finish the phrase on a less interesting note which doesn't allow you to connect the next phrase nicely. This is especially noticeable in the last three fast runs 3:05 – 3:15. All 3 finished descending on the root note almost the same way. How about the last one going towards higher notes and finish on the highest? That would break the repetition and make it more interesting. In the very last one you have a wrong (Phrygian) note played in the end of your last lick. That sounded a bit odd but looks like it wasn't your intension, you just slipped by accident. Overall this is a great technical solo and almost perfectly executed. I liked your nice Strat sound. Great job.

Pedja Simovic

In this solo I heard some of the most beautiful approaches how to enter the Gm chord in the middle section and how to exit out of it but keeping it even more interesting. Knowing the fact that shred is not really your safe territory, I must say that you did hell of a good job with this one. I will start from the beginning. The first couple of licks with pinched harmonics were really cool. Right after you played a common rock lick with bends (3:23 – 3:26) but you played it weak like a total beginner smile.gif Sorry to say this but it sounded like you heard it the day before and you took a chance to practice it on this solo. In order to make that lick really work it had to be at least as twice as fast with a much stronger vibrato. Kristofer did a good job with this one. After this lick you started delivering a pure beauty which shows what a truly educated musician is. I suppose that Berklee college helped get this experience and creativity. The melody over Gm chord really impressed me. I like that you didn't go too fast and crazy on the E diminished chord like almost everyone else. You showed that it can be played even more interesting with just a slightly different pattern and note groups of (16th, 16th, 8th)(3:39 – 3:43). The exit of the middle section (A7 chord) was great. Really nice idea to bend the F note to G producing the b7th interval and not resolving it on D chord but continuing with the lick inside the 3rd section. That was unexpected and at the same time very carefully taken until the end of the phrase. Now my favourite line comes. (3:51 – 3:54). This Dorian jazzy lick is just awesome combining 3 different chord arpeggios into a one D Dorian lick. Absolutely beautiful. After this you wanted to shred a bit but this sounded a bit sloppy smile.gif Great ideas and note choice but you should work on this sweep and picking technique a bit more. I know that you are not that much interested in shred but if you decide to use it in a solo then you should also make sure that it sounds as tight as possible. The very last run had a couple of (out of time) notes. Sounds like you picked more than you pressed and that produced that little issue. I am more than happy with what you delivered here. I would consider this solo as a great theory and creativity lesson rather than a technical one. Great job.

Marcus Siepen

This one I found as the cleverest playing. Old school rock/metal approach always works well with no pain. This sort of playing tells a very useful advice: when you are not sure about something, keep it simple in your safe territory and it will always work. The intro reminded me of Tony Iommi which I like. As I said in the first comment for Muris, this intro melody was surprisingly used by a couple of more Instructors. It might be just a coincidence. The middle part had a very nice flow and good note choice especially over the diminished chord. Nice exit to the part 3 (main riff again) and good control all the way until the end. I could hear that you were too much careful not to overplay in any part. However it wouldn’t be a bad idea if you showed us some of more advanced licks and techniques. Most of the time you played Aeolian mode over a D chord. A bit of mixture with Dorian notes would be nice to hear but that is just a matter of taste. The very positive thing is that nothing bothered me by listening to this solo. To be honest there was nothing extremely impressive but everything had a very nice balance. This type of playing always "pay the bills" and does the job well. Another very professional thing here is that you didn't make a single mistake. It is simple as it is but with a very smart concept. Your guitar sound was also great for this style. Great work Marcus.
P.S. Thanks for finding time for recording, I know you had a bad family situation. I appreciate it.

Piotr Kaczor

This is an awesome take. When I saw your first lesson on GMC I knew you are a great player. Confidence, vibrato, interesting notes, nice creative licks, control … all these can define your playing as the finest modern rock guitarist. I loved your intro with pinched harmonics and a very strong vibrato. That's what makes this music very powerful sounding. Then you had a really cool tapping lick that turned into another, kind of a Paul Gilbert lick. The clever thing here is how you finished your taping with a millisecond stop and a noisy unarticulated slide to get yourself time to continue with another lick. Very small detail but this shows an extreme level of confidence and experience. The middle part was well defined. You started with nice simple melodic arpeggios. I have to say that these arpeggios were not perfectly in time but neraly there. Diminished run started really nicely but the end of it was a bit sloppy. This little thing was the weakest point but almost nothing comparing to the overall solo quality. Your exit of the middle part took my breath away. Absolutely wonderful run with quarter triplets over the last A chord leading to resolve on the high D note with a wide long vibrato. Now when you got to that note, very experienced players would find difficult to painlessly get out of that place but again, another amazing surprise how you solved the problem. You stopped and let my riff in the background take the lead and one second after, you captured it with great double stops. I suppose these were hybrid picked double stops which gave them more interesting definition. No surprise for you my friend. Looks like you have solution for everything you come across smile.gif The rest of the solo was perfectly executed as well. This obviously wasn't a hard task for you. Brilliant job.

Ivan Milenkovic

This was some nice bluesy playing. Your playing reminds me a lot of Eric Clapton. That playing style is not always appropriate for this type of backing track but you did manage to play some good stuff here. In order to make it "more in style" I would advise more gain on your guitar sound. It might not be your favourite sound but I am sure it would add more power at least for this style. Your intro was really nice. Cool long notes and a nice melody. When you started playing fast licks you did it before the middle part and continued into the middle section with no stop. That somehow "killed" the definition of where the next song section starts. But from the point where you slowed down until the end of the middle section everything was very nicely done. I would get rid of the fast playing before the middle section and continued with slower playing for the next couple of chords. This part (5:59 – 6:11) was the right and "spot on" place for showing more advanced skills and you perfectly made the most of it. I wouldn't change anything there. Very nice notes and licks in those 10 seconds. The third part started with some great bluesy feelings and everything could have ended great if you didn't have some weird notes in the scale. Bend from A to Bb on (6:22) sounded a bit strange. Before that note you soloed nicely in Dorian mode and the listener gets used to Dorian feel. When you hit that b6 interval, but on purpose (not as a passing note), it produces a bit of a shock for the listener. But that's not a big mistake as the b6 is a part of Aeolian scale which is also a minor scale. The next one is much bigger problem. Because you played that Bb note before, now the listener is out of Dorian feel and on (6:24) you hit B (proper major 6th dorian) note even stronger and totally confused the concept about what scale you wanted to go for. It gives the out of tune impression even though the note is in the scale. This happens a lot to blues players who improvise freely and use aggressive bends. I would perfectly tolerate it on a live performance but not on a studio recording take. I hope you got the point here with no offense. Apart from this you did a really nice job and showed that Clapton style player can also shred and sound versatile. Very nice one Ivan.

Zsolt Galambos

You are the true winner of this collaboration. Absolutely unbelievable playing and thinking. I really don't need to type much about your take. The way you combine licks, melodies and phrases is just great. Reminds me a lot of Vinnie Moore which I love. Your vibrato, picking (both sweep and alternate), aggressive accents on the "spot on" places, great note choice are all top notch. You carefully measured where you should play fast, slow down, develop the amount of tension and resolve where expected. I am sure that your compositional skills are awesome. The only minor little issue was on (6:33 – 6:35). This rock lick was not perfectly in time but almost there. Everything else was great. I see the big future in front of you.

Lian Gerbino

I must say that I expected a lot more from you. You are a very good player and I like all your lessons. I know you like metal music. For that reason I thought "this guy is going to sound great". But what you sent me had no more than 30% of your playing skills. There was nothing wrongly played but I just expected much more creativity. You sent this track in the last second. I suppose that you also recorded it the last second. That might be the reason why you didn't deliver more of your playing. However I have to deal with what I have in the track so I will start from the beginning. The intro part (7:16 – 7:23) had too many slow and repetitive notes. You played the lick 3 times in the row which almost became boring and instead of finishing with something to break that feel you finished with a couple of more less interesting notes. After this I expected something to surprise me nicely and again you delivered a kind of a Chuck Berry "rockabilly" lick repeated not less than 8 times. To summarize – you spent 15 seconds for only 2 simple licks. The middle part had a nice melody but even here I expected something more creative. You had all long notes throughout the whole middle section and didn't get a chance for anything more advanced. Why? From (7:48 – the 3rd section) things started to go much better. I wish you played like this much more in your solo. This part would be more than perfect if you started the whole take with it. You showed very interesting things like harmonics driven with Floyd Rose. Harmonized lick on (7:54 – 7:55) was brilliant. I just feel sorry that I didn't have a chance to hear more of these creative parts because I know you can play them with no problems. Something weird happened on (8:01). Sounds like you pressed the "mute" button by accident and continued with the last lick to finish the take. I am not sure whether you wanted this little silence to occur on purpose but it got me surprised. Your guitar sound was a little chorused and that somehow made your take mysteriously sounding which adds a bit of an interesting atmosphere. Thanks for this solo and I hope that sometime in the future I can hear all of your guitar skills and potential because you are truly gifted talent which is obvious from your lessons.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  collaboration_full_mix.mp3 ( 7.45MB ) Number of downloads: 1125

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 12 2008, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Wow,I suggest you for Guitar Department Head bro,
I did expect deep comments but this is really A JOB,
thanks a lot,everything you said about my take stands correctly!!

And great takes from everybody,
it was a pleasure to participate
and can't wait to see another collab ruled by Emir. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Muris Varajic: Nov 12 2008, 03:30 PM

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 12 2008, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Thanks Muris. I am glad that you took these coments that way. I was just trying to give everybody my honest oppinion. Someone might not like it but I wanted to go for this "in depth" coments on purpose.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 12 2008, 03:46 PM
Instructor
Emir thank you for in depth comments.
I am honored to be part of this collaboration. So many nice solos and takes - it makes you realize how people approach things differently in music.
Personally I am not going to lie to you, everything I record is improvised. I don't sit down and work out sections and practice licks down. For me true master of his/her instrument is somebody who improvises and makes it sound like a real time composition. That's what jazz playing is all about in my opinion.
Having said all this, my solo was 2nd improvised take and I kept it. I am aware of the parts you mentioned but I kept it anyways because I loved the energy creativity and melodic shape in it.
For future collaborations that you organize I will approach my solos more seriously.

Thanks for the comments again Emir and it was pleasure to play in this collaboration smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 12 2008, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Great Emir, you have surely taken your time to analyze everything. Your comments are spot on about my playing, I did overplay a little sometimes has always been one of my problems. I agree with you Zsolt's take is the one I enjoyed the most.

Lets do another one soon

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 12 2008, 04:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Nov 12 2008, 02:59 PM) *
Great Emir, you have surely taken your time to analyze everything. Your comments are spot on about my playing, I did overplay a little sometimes has always been one of my problems. I agree with you Zsolt's take is the one I enjoyed the most.

Lets do another one soon

Cheers Jose. You are extremely skilled player. You did a great job here.

About another collaboration, hehehe now I will have to be really careful if I play on someone else backing smile.gif This took me 3-4 days to get the whole thing done so I won't do it very soon again.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Nov 12 2008, 04:12 PM
Instructor
well man, that was so long, I´m tired now laugh.gif
first to all, I wanna say that you did a great job here. wow, comments are awesome and really useful for each instructor. about me you are right and I think in all you said so, thanks for the nice things, but overall a BIG THANKS YOU for the bad ones laugh.gif . those are things I have to work.
and I know sometimes it´s a little difficult to be honest with comments to others guitar players, but you have spoken with respect so I think no body take your opinion in wrong way.

once again! thank, and congrats to all! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 12 2008, 04:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 12 2008, 04:10 PM) *
About another collaboration, hehehe now I will have to be really careful if I play on someone else backing smile.gif

Nah,I can fly to London in a few hours if backup is needed,
just bare in mind that I'm NOT hell of a fighter. laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 12 2008, 04:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Nov 12 2008, 03:12 PM) *
well man, that was so long, I´m tired now laugh.gif
first to all, I wanna say that you did a great job here. wow, comments are awesome and really useful for each instructor. about me you are right and I think in all you said so, thanks for the nice things, but overall a BIG THANKS YOU for the bad ones laugh.gif . those are things I have to work.
and I know sometimes it´s a little difficult to be honest with comments to others guitar players, but you have spoken with respect so I think no body take your opinion in wrong way.

once again! thank, and congrats to all! smile.gif

I am very happy that you took these comments helpful. I am sure this take is not showing enough of how good player you are. That's what made me wonder why didn't we get more of your playing.

QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 12 2008, 03:15 PM) *
Nah,I can fly to London in a few hours if backup is needed,
just bare in mind that I'm NOT hell of a fighter. laugh.gif

Thanks mate smile.gif I was just joking. I can enter anyone's collaboration with no problem. I am not a perfect player. I will probably receive some negative comments as well and that's fine for me.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Nov 12 2008, 06:20 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Wow!

Thanks for your nice words about my take!
I've recorded this stuff after a long hard works day on sunday, and I really
wasn't satisfyed with it, but you've rally made my day!

I think it's the hungarian gipsy minor's fault... tongue.gif
Kidding

Cheers
Zs

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 12 2008, 06:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Nov 12 2008, 05:20 PM) *
Wow!

Thanks for your nice words about my take!
I've recorded this stuff after a long hard works day on sunday, and I really
wasn't satisfyed with it, but you've rally made my day!

I think it's the hungarian gipsy minor's fault... tongue.gif
Kidding

Cheers
Zs

Maybe a Hungarian touch:) I love the music from your country. I play many Cardas style songs.

I wonder what would happen if you spent more time on it but it could also be different. Sometimes the unplaned things work better smile.gif You did an awesome job here.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 12 2008, 07:02 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Awesome collab and great takes guys ! This was a fun listen! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Nov 12 2008, 07:47 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 12 2008, 06:28 PM) *
Maybe a Hungarian touch:) I love the music from your country. I play many Cardas style songs.

I wonder what would happen if you spent more time on it but it could also be different. Sometimes the unplaned things work better smile.gif You did an awesome job here.

Thanx.
Actually all the credits belongs to Kris, for he's the one who had me check this collab...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 12 2008, 08:51 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome!! laugh.gif

Not only did we have fantastic takes - but I believe the way Emir structured the feedback of this collab is unique to GMC!

With your comments you have really inspired me to listen to my take in a new way - and think about how others can perceive my playing. This is going to be really useful for my own progress - and it will speed things up as hearing someone else's opinion can speed your personal analyzing up!

Since we are in a learning environment - I think it's really important to point out to anyone reading this - that these kind of comments would not work unless they were carried through in a balanced way. In other words balancing criticizing and encouragement. And Emir you did a great job with this - if you hadn't done it in such a balanced way I would have felt discouraged - but now I just feel inspired to practice even harder, which is why we are all here!

I think our students can really benefit from this kind of criticizing as well - however constructive criticism of a guitar newbie is much more difficult to carry out in a balanced way. (But something we should really strive for!)

One thing I was lacking in the comments - is the starting times of all participants. Because of the detailed comments I wanted to easily go back and re-listen to some takes.

My personal favorites for this collab were probably Piotr, Zsolt and Marcus! (Of course we will soon hear Emir's take which isn't that bad either! wink.gif )

Thanks everybody - especially Emir - for this awesome collab!
PS Who wants to do the next one?! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 12 2008, 09:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 12 2008, 08:51 PM) *
I think our students can really benefit from this kind of criticizing as well - however constructive criticism of a guitar newbie is much more difficult to carry out in a balanced way. (But something we should really strive for!)

Yes,I believe it was tricky to know how it's gonna reflect in public
but everyone has figured out Emir's intention which is 100% positive. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Nov 12 2008, 11:01 PM
Instructor
Amazing!

The final mix sounds just great!

Emir your careful analisys of each take is superb! Thank you for your pleasant words about my take!

Thanks everybody. That was great experience!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 13 2008, 02:30 AM
Instructor
Well done everyone, and thank you Emir for putting together this killer collab. Also thanks for the in depth comments and listening, was very fun to read it all, and great to hear another`s instructor perspective on the takes. Great job mate.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 13 2008, 05:21 AM
Instructor
Thanks everyone for positive feedback. This collaboration wasn't really easy job for me but it was fun. I am happy how it all went.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 12 2008, 07:51 PM) *
Awesome!! laugh.gif
Since we are in a learning environment - I think it's really important to point out to anyone reading this - that these kind of comments would not work unless they were carried through in a balanced way. In other words balancing criticizing and encouragement. And Emir you did a great job with this - if you hadn't done it in such a balanced way I would have felt discouraged - but now I just feel inspired to practice even harder, which is why we are all here!

Thank you Kristofer. My intension was never to make someone feel less important. All guys here are brilliant players. Many of the things I mentioned were about the stylistical approach which is a very individual thing. I used to get these kind of comments at my university every single day. It only helped me develop into a more complete musician. Since this website is like a guitar university I found these comments to be more appropriate for eveyone than just giving compliments. But compliments are already given when instructors got the opportunity to work for this website. It couldn't be a better compliment.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 13 2008, 09:15 AM
GMC Founder
^^Very well put Emir! smile.gif Thanks again for the effort you put in this collab.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Nov 13 2008, 02:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 13 2008, 01:21 AM) *
But compliments are already given when instructors got the opportunity to work for this website. It couldn't be a better compliment.

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif you´re completly right man! wise words from a wise man. wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:49 AM