Capelli Luthier Custom Guitars, There are some cool guitars made by this guy!
Pavel
Aug 5 2007, 03:51 PM
Instructor
This guy - Christophe Capelli is a French guitar builder. He got my attention after i saw Luca Turilli's custom guitar. You can see it in my Avatar and here is the pic of it:

Turilli also has a blue and red one.

If i ever manage to start earning some decent money with guitar playing i'm sure i'll contact this guy to build me a guitar!!

http://www.capelliluthier.com/pageprinceng.htm

Enjoy the pics!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 5 2007, 05:53 PM
GMC:er
Capelli does indeed make brilliant guitars smile.gif
It was funny seeing people on youtube trying to guess what guitar Luca was playing with , " Is that a Ibanez ? " , " No , it cant be ! " .

What are the prices of his custom guitar's ?

- John

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 5 2007, 05:57 PM
Instructor
Yeah i saw many people wondering what guitar is that but Kai and I finally managed to find his website!

I have no clue about the prices!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 5 2007, 06:01 PM
You were looking for him for quite some time ? huh.gif If you had just posted the topic I would have gladly gave you the link ? biggrin.gif

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 5 2007, 06:17 PM
Instructor
Yeah i never knew what brand that guitar is that and Kai told me just Capelli and we still couldn't find his website but than we spent like 1 hour on ICQ and we were just searching, searching, searching and he finally got the link!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roo
Aug 5 2007, 07:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 5 2007, 03:51 PM) *
This guy - Christophe Capelli is a French guitar builder. He got my attention after i saw Luca Turilli's custom guitar. You can see it in my Avatar and here is the pic of it:

Turilli also has a blue and red one.

If i ever manage to start earning some decent money with guitar playing i'm sure i'll contact this guy to build me a guitar!!

http://www.capelliluthier.com/pageprinceng.htm

Enjoy the pics!

ohmy.gif I thought it was you on your avartar pic! lol
Now I understand...

MMm, a french luthier dry.gif ..curious, I dont know him... that must be a big one to build Rhapsody's guitar.
Well, this guitar isn't really my thing ( matter of personal taste ). It's always teasing to buy the guitar of your top guitarist. Well, that would be different because it's your own model then.
There's a friend who made me discover a Polish Luthier named: RAN
RAN GUITARS WEB
They are insanely gorgeous and cheap.
The problem I have with Luthiers is that they ask you the exact spec of the neck shape and fret size, radius. Actually I have no idea untill I have the axe in my hands... So I eventually have to play the guitar before buying...

--------------------
Let's meet on myspace!
IPB Image

Official website.
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 5 2007, 08:04 PM
Instructor
Yeah i heard about RAN guitars some weeks ago!! I don't want Luca's guitar - if i was ever to made a custom guitar i would sure love that body design but i don't want HIS model - mainly because it only has 22 frets and the cutaway is too small! I already have all of SOMEBODY's guitars i wanted - JEM and RC-7 (on the way). My next will sure be a custom one but i think by than i will be like 30 years old biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roo
Aug 6 2007, 01:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 5 2007, 08:04 PM) *
Yeah i heard about RAN guitars some weeks ago!! I don't want Luca's guitar - if i was ever to made a custom guitar i would sure love that body design but i don't want HIS model - mainly because it only has 22 frets and the cutaway is too small! I already have all of SOMEBODY's guitars i wanted - JEM and RC-7 (on the way). My next will sure be a custom one but i think by than i will be like 30 years old biggrin.gif

Im sure you'll get guitar endorsement far before that, so it will be your own design and for free or almost cool.gif
Though, tastes change over the years. When I was a young shredder, I hated the big body jazz guitars style.
Today, I think they look pretty Ok and they really sound awesome.
The only guitars I still wouldn't see myself playing are the Gibson FlyingV.
I assume if you love them they might be great, but not for me smile.gif
I love Strato's look but I can't play them (same for lesPaul), it feels to weird ..strange because when I pick a Telecaster, my fingers really fly, I feel like a bird. But I wouldn't buy one because they are too expensive for 21 frets maple neck with only 2 little pickups that must be replace anyway.
What about you guys?

This post has been edited by Roo: Aug 6 2007, 01:14 AM

--------------------
Let's meet on myspace!
IPB Image

Official website.
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 6 2007, 07:47 AM
Hmm well those Ran guitars look stunning smile.gif

What are their prices Roo ?

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 6 2007, 08:04 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 5 2007, 03:04 PM) *

You have the rusty cooly 7 string on the way?? ohmy.gif Man i wish i had his guitar.Are you used to playing 7 string ?Ive heard it takes alittle bit to get used to,A seven string would be perfect for what im into.

Shredmandan

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 6 2007, 10:25 AM
Instructor
Roo: thanks man! From your lips - to God's ears! smile.gif

I have been a fan of sharp edged guitars for as long as i remember. BUT i am also picky here. For example i don't like Jacksons. Ibanez seem to be a perfect axe for me, so does this new Dean i ordered. Now when you mentioned Telecasters - i really don' like the design of them but i know people say it has awesome warm sound for certain styles of music.

But as you said - it's all about tastes! smile.gif

Shredmandan: yes i ordered RC-7, payed the deposit and now have to wait for it to come from the factory. It is supposed to be here around October. I played my friend's 7-string and it is no problem at all. Don't trust all people say. I found my way with 7th string pretty fast. All you have to learn about it is extended scale patterns because you have 1 more string to go down with scale runs!

It's same as playing riffs on 6-string. The relation between strings and notes is the same. If you have an opportunity for 7-string - get one! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:20 AM