EZ Drummer
Robin
Feb 20 2007, 11:13 PM
GMC:er
I'm considering buying EZ drummer, but I know nothing about it, except that it sound awesome laugh.gif

just gonna ask some questions about it.

- When making backing tracks/songs with it, do you make it to a normal music file and then record guitar/bass etc. on it afterwards? I use some ProTools program to record guitars and stuff. Or do you record guitars with the same program as you make the drums?

- Is it easy to use? probably a stupid question but wth tongue.gif

- Can you make unending backings/songs with it? I downloaded a crappy freeware program, you could like only have a 20sec long beat that repeated itself.

- Do you press some buttons and record everything manually, or do you add drum sound by drum sound?

- I have never tried any drum programs(except the crappy freeware ones) so if anyone got time, could you try to explain a bit how it works?

Thanks for your time and I hope its not hard to understand what I'm trying to say. laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
MickeM
Feb 20 2007, 11:27 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Robin @ Feb 20 2007, 11:13 PM) *
I'm considering buying EZ drummer, but I know nothing about it, except that it sound awesome laugh.gif

just gonna ask some questions about it.

- When making backing tracks/songs with it, do you make it to a normal music file and then record guitar/bass etc. on it afterwards? I use some ProTools program to record guitars and stuff. Or do you record guitars with the same program as you make the drums?

- Is it easy to use? probably a stupid question but wth tongue.gif

- Can you make unending backings/songs with it? I downloaded a crappy freeware program, you could like only have a 20sec long beat that repeated itself.

- Do you press some buttons and record everything manually, or do you add drum sound by drum sound?

- I have never tried any drum programs(except the crappy freeware ones) so if anyone got time, could you try to explain a bit how it works?
Thanks for your time and I hope its not hard to understand what I'm trying to say. laugh.gif

It's a plugin so you'll need a sequencer to run it inside.
Check if your ProTools can run EZD, I'm pretty sure it does.
Very easy to use.
You can use your sequencer to make your never ending loops.
You don't press buttons in EZD to record, you select a groove and paste it into your sequencer.
All these grooves so to say are recorded with IRL drummers, they are all done, just select one and paste it and you have a professional drummer with the beat you selected at our hands.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 20 2007, 11:30 PM
Instructor
Hey can i use EZ Drummer with CUbase SX??

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 20 2007, 11:40 PM
GMC:er
ok thanks alot laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 21 2007, 01:07 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 20 2007, 05:30 PM) *
Hey can i use EZ Drummer with CUbase SX??

You certainly can ! That's what I do - it really is a cool tool, and works very nicely in Cubase.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Feb 21 2007, 10:23 AM
Rock Instructor
well i use Reason.

isn't better then this??

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 21 2007, 12:02 PM
Instructor
I use both Reason and Cubase - but i don't really like drum sounds in Reason so i use a NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Battery 2 VST plugin for CUBASE.

Andrew thx for the info! I will sure get myself EZ Drummer. It was important to me that it works in Cubase. Thanks!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 21 2007, 12:15 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Here's a demo page - EZdemo

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Feb 21 2007, 01:01 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 21 2007, 12:15 PM) *
Here's a demo page - EZdemo

That was some mean drums blink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:09 PM