8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Caelumamittendum's Bootcamp!, Prepare yourself for a Glorious Death!!!
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 4 2016, 05:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
I was so impressed by this program that I went ahead and bought it and used a bit of my savings. Here's another video:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 4 2016, 07:41 PM
GMC:er
KILLER VID AND PLAYING!!

The production quality of your vids has taken a HUGE leap forward with the HD camera/Pic in Pic etc. The vid's looks really nice and sound great. Congrats on that for a start!!

on to the Mission....

This is NOT an easy lesson to pull off. You have been really killing it on several difficult lessons in a row. It's almost too easy for ya! I"m gonna have to start giving you SPECIAL OPS duty and add some MULTI PICKING!

Let's debrief!!!!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)PICK AND HAMMER!: The "Pick and Hammer" is very important and you have a very good grasp here both ascending and descending. Some players find if very hard to do to one or the other, just depends on the player and do both with style!!

2.)Palm Mute Madness: Very good control of leaving your palm in one place and using your fingers to make notes. This is something I try to teach all the time and it takes folks quite a while to get the hang of it, and you have it!!!!!!!!

3.)Precision and Control: You have very good control of your picking/fretting and I'm not hearing any string noise or false notes. You are simply killing it!

In short, you just ...
LEVELED UP!

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 5 2016, 03:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
Bit out of focus, but perhaps it will do anyway:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 6 2016, 01:43 AM
Ben! You are turning into a MONSTER player!!! This is not a simple lick at all and you clearly go and can play it smoothly at speed. On to the debrief!....

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)Precision Pick Control: You do a great job of pick control on this one. Steady pace and even playing. Nice!!

2.)PALM MUTE MADNESS: Very clean palm mute per usual as I've come to expect. Nice!!

3.)Played with confidence and aggression, bonus points!

*Used a vintage Ibby so you get a few extra points as welL smile.gif

In short, you just ...

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 4 2016, 10:27 PM) *
Bit out of focus, but perhaps it will do anyway:

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 6 2016, 01:45 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2016, 03:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
A shot at 26:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 6 2016, 08:08 PM
NICE! Soldier you are really on a roll here! You are knocking them down left and right. I"m very impressed with your discipline and your technique. Let's debrief!!!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR
1.)Planted palm mute and using your wrist/fingers to articulate the pick.

2.)No unwanted string noise, only the notes you are intending to play.

3.)Multi Picking!!!!! Just as clean as the single picking. Truly impressive. Double picking while doing non stop string traverse. You are really tearing it up!!

In short, you are KILLING and DRILLING Soldier!!!
Keep it up and you'll be Top Kick in no time!!

In other words you just....

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 6 2016, 10:27 AM) *
A shot at 26:

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2016, 09:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, Todd. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 6 2016, 10:06 PM
You've got this one for sure but I think you may be pushing the speed just a pinch at the first few measures. By the time you reach the third position your timing is locked in, but just at the start you are lagging the metronome just a bit. It doesn't have to be shred fast, just needs to be lock step with the beat. I really respect you putting a DOUBLE PICK take on as well smile.gif Try maybe backing off just a pinch on the metronome and synching the pick with the beat as you jump in and give me one more Soldier!!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 6 2016, 04:12 PM) *
Thanks, Todd. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2016, 10:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's another go:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 6 2016, 11:19 PM
Now your talking Soldier!!!! You are on point here. Let's debrief!!....

MEDALS OF HONOR
1.)Planted palm mute and using your wrist to articulate the pick. Spiff!

2.)SOLID string traverse without any unwanted notes/noise.

3.)Multi Picking!!!!! Just as clean as the single picking. Awesome!

Bottom line, you really are getting the hang of these tougher Missions with all the string traverse and odd patterns. Keep it up Soldier!! In other words, you just.......

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 6 2016, 05:42 PM) *
Here's another go:

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 6 2016, 11:35 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 7 2016, 04:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Watch out! Bullets incoming!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2016, 10:56 AM
NICE!!! Great finger control and you didn't get lost in the looping notes. The repeating nature of the lick can be confusing. It's meant to teach the idea that running certain loops of notes during a scale run can give the impression of having played far more notes than one is actually playing.

MEDALS OF HONOR
1.)Finger Traverse: Like the last lesson this is all about traversing the string back and forth but this time it's over more strings. You KILLED IT!

2.)Very good muting resulting in clean tone without string noise.

3.)Single and multi pick versions are clean and steady as they should be.

You are on a roll!!! In other words, you just....

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 7 2016, 11:19 AM) *
Watch out! Bullets incoming!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 8 2016, 10:57 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 8 2016, 09:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Managed a take with my father looking like: "that's not music, what the hell you playing?" smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2016, 10:08 PM
JUST KRUSHING IT!!!!!! There is no stopping you Soldier!! I think that Ibby is the best buying decision ever wink.gif

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)Clean muting/picking. Doing a great job managing the string noise that is very hard to escape in licks like these! Nice!

2.)Very smooth timing. It's often the case that these licks get rushed, dragged, but nope! Perfect.

3.)Playing ALL the licks well. Not just some of them. Well done!

You are on a roll Soldier!! In short, you just...

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 8 2016, 04:24 PM) *
Managed a take with my father looking like: "that's not music, what the hell you playing?" smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 9 2016, 08:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
BOOM!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 10 2016, 07:16 AM
Look at him Go!! You are heading for the top spot with vengeance! Let's debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)Multipicking!! Right off the bat you dive in to the multi picking on each lick. Well done there!! Your multipicking is very tight and even which is awesome.

2.)Overall Technique: Your right hand is well planted to prevent unwanted string noise, and it's doing a good deal of the muting. This is key in playing bits that don't let you mute with your right hand. Some folks never quite get this, you got it smile.gif

3.)Steady Hand: Your picking is very clean and even. One of the hardest bits can be learning to play on beat and in rythm. You have a very natural sounding rythm and it's spot on.

In short you just....

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 9 2016, 03:43 PM) *
BOOM!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 10 2016, 07:19 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 10 2016, 03:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's a shot at 31. It was kinda tricky getting those part to fit with the backing track. Sorry for the weird angle, didn't adjust my camera and just played.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Aug 10 2016, 04:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 11 2016, 04:21 AM
SUPER CONGRATS SOLDIER!!!!! This Mission separates the Quick from the Dead. Very few folks find their way past it. It's a Landmark lesson in your progress. None of the licks fit easily. The timing is odd, the licks are odd, the whole thing is difficult. You persisted, you nailed it. Let's debrief.

MEDALS OF HONOR

1.)Proper use of very technical licks in context, and in time.
2.)Very precise technique and right/left hand control per usual smile.gif
3.)Very good muting and noise control with the right hand, and articulating from the wrist.

You did well here Soldier. None of this is easy. You handled it well and pushed forward.

Congrats Soldier, you just ...

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 10 2016, 10:54 AM) *
Here's a shot at 31. It was kinda tricky getting those part to fit with the backing track. Sorry for the weird angle, didn't adjust my camera and just played.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 11 2016, 03:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
BANG BANG!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 12 2016, 12:50 AM
WELL FOUGHT SOLDIER!! You are on a Mission to reach the TOP I can see that smile.gif

You have really been putting in some serious effort here lately soldier and it shows. Your playing is getting steadily better and it was already darned good. Your Precision is improving, and overall you technique is getting better as well. Nice!!!

Let's DEBRIEF!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR
1.)TIGHT right and left hand synchronization!
2.)Ear for fitting the licks in so they sound musical, not mechanical.
3.)PRECISION picking and string traverse.

Most importantly, you played "Musically". I could almost feel the notes as you searched for the most appropriate place to put them. You didn't just rattle off the licks, you thought about it and felt your way through to place them in a musical manner, in to the backing. well done smile.gif

Soldier!!! You have just .....

!!!LEVELED UP, AGAIN.!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 11 2016, 10:38 AM) *
BANG BANG!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:48 PM