11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Potsau's Bootcamp, Two man enter, one man leaves!
Todd Simpson
Feb 15 2020, 03:27 AM
GMC:er
You are too hard on yourself. You are a very smart guy and making very good progress!! I'm just hear to try to keep you on a good path that will lead you where you want to go as quickly as possible. smile.gif I"m here to help!! smile.gif Take a break for a day or two and come back and try one more time. Enjoy your weekend my friend!!!
Here is another demo video that may help. I'm using my pinky finger to mute the parts of the bridge that my palm is not touching. Notice that I just rotate my hand a bit when going up and down the neck. I'm not moving my hand up and down. That's a habit that is natural to have and yet not good. It's something worth working to avoid. have a watch at this vid.

Todd
QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 14 2020, 11:34 AM) *
You right. That makes sense. Im a stupid dumb. Should known better. Next week I am ready to take off. Thanks for your critics. Have a nice weekend with your loved peoples!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 15 2020, 05:08 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 17 2020, 10:27 AM
Really Nice. You too.

After some vacation in West Germany, I took my mind from this pressure.
I think I got really Progress in my head.

At first I tried a free rotational Training.

I recognized some circle Problems here at no 08.

You just wanted to pm those all but I want to see the whole Progress in this thread.
With all the shitty Things I did. As a Progression.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 17 2020, 07:46 PM
Congratulations Soldier!!!! You are getting the hang of it!!!! You keep a solid palm mute while moving/articulating the pick with the thumb/first finger. Some folks call this "Circle Picking". It's a way to use very little energy and still have precise picking. When done correctly, one can keep this up for extended periods of time without hand fatigue. Let' Debrief!!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

TRAVERSE OF KINGS Being able to "traverse" (go from one string to another) is a foundational skill. It's tricky! It takes work and you are getting a very good handle on it!

SOLID PACING
You continue to improve on your pace! You were having trouble with rushing/lagging the metronome. It's gotten much better!!!! There is still a bit of it, but not nearly as much as before and it will fix itself along the way.

ALT PICKING FROM HELL Your alternate picking is improving as well with each take. As you keep making new takes and doing new Missions, you will continue to improve!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 17 2020, 05:27 AM) *
Really Nice. You too.

After some vacation in West Germany, I took my mind from this pressure.
I think I got really Progress in my head.

At first I tried a free rotational Training.

I recognized some circle Problems here at no 08.

You just wanted to pm those all but I want to see the whole Progress in this thread.
With all the shitty Things I did. As a Progression.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 17 2020, 08:50 PM
👏 Thanks for that grand shredmaster. Im very hopeful to reach a high level.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2020, 01:57 AM
You are making great progress Soldier!! Each time you dive in to battle you come out the other side a better Soldier and a better player!!
Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 17 2020, 03:50 PM) *
👏 Thanks for that grand shredmaster. Im very hopeful to reach a high level.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 18 2020, 10:12 PM
Here is no 09.
I builded some speed. Especially with my classical. Still I got a very calm feeling. Just some tension in the right arm. But its still a fine feeling. My wrist gets down in movement mor and more. My forearm is not moving anymore that sick sht. Its a fine feeling. Thats 150. Thats today my cap. Speeded up from130. Mabey I can reach 155 - 160. Tomorrow.

Attached Image

Thats my sound. I think it wont last for long. Cause of its delay 😅 (short delay)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 19 2020, 07:03 AM
You are getting better with each Take Soldier!! Let's Debrief!!! MEDALS OF HONOR

SNIPER Picking with the the tactical precision of a Sniper. Precision is the KEY to everything. Keep it up!!
CONSISTENCY This is the most important thing you can practice. Precision is the foundation of everything that relies on it which is to say EVERYTHING.
MUTE TO KILL Also crucial is a good palm mute. Your palm mute has gotten a LOT better in just a few missions. keep this up and you are well on your way!!!!!
TONE CHOICE: Please avoid that patch in the future due to the DELAY. It makes it very hard to hear what notes are actually being played and which ones are from the delay. You can use that patch, just torn the delay all the way down or off.

Well Fought Soldier you just..
LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 18 2020, 05:12 PM) *
Here is no 09.
I builded some speed. Especially with my classical. Still I got a very calm feeling. Just some tension in the right arm. But its still a fine feeling. My wrist gets down in movement mor and more. My forearm is not moving anymore that sick sht. Its a fine feeling. Thats 150. Thats today my cap. Speeded up from130. Mabey I can reach 155 - 160. Tomorrow.

Attached Image

Thats my sound. I think it wont last for long. Cause of its delay 😅 (short delay)

You are getting better with each Take Soldier!! Let's Debrief!!! MEDALS OF HONOR

SNIPER Picking with the the tactical precision of a Sniper. Precision is the KEY to everything. Keep it up!!
CONSISTENCY This is the most important thing you can practice. Precision is the foundation of everything that relies on it which is to say EVERYTHING.
MUTE TO KILL Also crucial is a good palm mute. Your palm mute has gotten a LOT better in just a few missions. keep this up and you are well on your way!!!!!
TONE CHOICE: Please avoid that patch in the future due to the DELAY. It makes it very hard to hear what notes are actually being played and which ones are from the delay. You can use that patch, just torn the delay all the way down or off.

Well Fought Soldier you just..
LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 18 2020, 05:12 PM) *
Here is no 09.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 19 2020, 10:21 AM
Wow I didnt expect the badge up. Anyway thanks for that. I nearly killed the delay. I like the timbre of that sound. Now im going to 1/43.
See ya

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2020, 07:04 AM
I like delay and the tone it gives. Especially on solos. But for the purposes of Bootcamp, it just makes things very difficult to grade. So now and then, when you realize you've recorded and left the delay on, it's not a deal killer smile.gif Just try to avoid it in general for Mission videos. If you were not playing with precision, the delay would have made it very clear. Well played! You are ready for what's next soldier!!!

Sarge
QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 19 2020, 05:21 AM) *
Wow I didnt expect the badge up. Anyway thanks for that. I nearly killed the delay. I like the timbre of that sound. Now im going to 1/43.
See ya

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 25 2020, 11:04 AM

This is much for left hand. Now I can play ascending patterns much better. In free training my right hand does not move as much like in the video. Everytime I click the rec button, im getting nervous. 😂

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 25 2020, 05:35 PM
It's called "RED LIGHT SYNDROME" Soldier! It impacts us all. Once might play something perfectly and then when the red light comes on, the hands freeze up and it feels like playing in quick sand. It's something that is very normal. The good news is that it goes away over time. Eventually the red light won't bother you at all. Sorta like playing live, the first few gigs some folks get bad butterflies in their stomach, but after a while it's much easier.

You did well on this one Soldier!! It's a "FINGER TWISTER" so it's impossible to shred this. Despite that you manage to play it with precision and quite brisk! It seems that you started losing synch around 180 but that's ok. The other takes worked fine and it's good to include a take thats at the edge of your ability to allow me to see where you are at. After a few more Missions, this tricky riff at that speed won't be a problem. smile.gif If you can play tricky bits at good speed with precision, the riffs built for speed will seem like a breeze!

Let's Debreif!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

LET'S TWIST: This is a true finger twister. It's so twisty that it's tough to play fast without losing it. Im impressed by how much speed/precision you got in the first few takes!
NEVER A MISS: Didn't miss a note. That's the second thing I always look for on this Mission and you nailed it in your early takes.
PRECISION DRIVE: Your precision continues to increase with each and every mission Soldier. The final thing I always look for on this is how precise can you play without thing falling apart. You got it going way faster than I expected. Nice!

In short soldier, you just...

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Things get a bit tricker after these introductory Missions but you are more than ready! A lot of new techniques are coming your way soo. I have no doubt you will KRUSH IT!

Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 25 2020, 06:04 AM) *

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 26 2020, 10:01 AM
Great. You right. Its like kicking in the water. Just binge drinking can help you out there. 🍺🤏🏻

This one feels very comfortable.

This post has been edited by Potsau: Feb 26 2020, 10:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2020, 07:31 PM
12 Tab!
Attached File  bootcamp12fix.gp5 ( 1.98K ) Number of downloads: 207

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2020, 01:31 AM
Well Fought Soldier! The first bit is badgeworthy indeed! The second take is a bit less tight but I'm glad you included it. You should always push yourself beyond your comfort zone and allow your hand to find it's way. At higher speeds the hand may fail a bit but it will start to adapt to the higher speed. So playing just beyond ones ability is CRUCIAL in gaining speed once your precision is sorted. You have done great work getting your synch with the metronome to be tight. Keep it up!!! Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

LOOPY: Firstly I wanna see if you can take a complex lick and loop it. If your hand fails at any time, it will stick out like a sore thumb. The good news is you have zero problem with repeition. This is so that you focus on the lick itself. Also, it allows me to see your playing over a distance of ground. If you rush/lag, it will stand out. Part of what I'm trying to teach you is Playing like a Robot in order to Shred Like a God. Paul Gilbert is a good example of putting loops of a given lick to good use. It's one way to build up steady speed. Of course, you can play one loop fast and then settle back in to a comfy speed for a "burst" approach as well.

NON STOP TRAVERSE: Secondly I wanna see you traverse without the lick falling apart. For you this is NO PROBLEM you killed it. This is a tricky lick and you traversed very well. I do lots of traverse drills. Partially to build endurance, partially to get your hands accustomed to playing long sequences of notes. This will serve you well when we start doing very long scale runs.

ARTICULATION: Your pick articulation and muting are much better than just a few missions ago. You are about to hit several missions with drills that are "built to shred". These are less complex patters that feel better when played fast.

You've got this down pat Soldier!! You just...

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 26 2020, 05:01 AM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 27 2020, 01:31 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 27 2020, 09:38 PM
Just little progress. Trying to get rid of arm movement.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2020, 10:13 PM
NICE!!!! Sounds good to me. Try it with the bridge pickup if you can!

Todd

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 27 2020, 04:38 PM) *
Just little progress. Trying to get rid of arm movement.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 27 2020, 10:49 PM
Its the bridge pickup. 😉. I think its the sound. A little muff.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 27 2020, 10:13 PM) *
NICE!!!! Sounds good to me. Try it with the bridge pickup if you can!

Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2020, 10:58 PM
It is a bit muffled for some reason. If you have an over drive pedal, turn the gain on it down and volume up and tone to max and it will help your tone cut through without being too bassy. It's a classic tone trick smile.gif

The good news is you are playing the bit well!

Todd

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 27 2020, 05:49 PM) *
Its the bridge pickup. 😉. I think its the sound. A little muff.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 28 2020, 12:54 AM
I edit the sound like u said

I was motivated to work on right hand

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2020, 02:06 AM
The tone is better! It's still a bit muffled though and lacks some clarity but I"m sure we can work it out. Can you tell me what gear you are using? It could just be overmodulation from too much recording level. It could be too much bass coming through. It's like tending a plant. Tone needs constant tweaking. Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

ALT PICK OF DESTINY: The first thing I'm looking for here is your Alternate Picking. Without good alt picking technique, this lick won't work. It's the kind of thing you just cant play with all downstrokes and have it work well. Nice!!
TRAVERSAL OF FORTUNE: The second thing I want to see is good traverse. Non stop fret traverse is required on this one. You gotta slide a bit to make this work and you slide quite well!!!
PINKY TIME: Lastly I want to see PINKY POWER!! Good use of the pinky here! On the lower frets, Pinky Power is crucial.

You got this one sorted Soldier. You just..

LEVELED UP!!!
One Mission away from your next CHEVRON on your badge!

Attached Image

Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 28 2020, 02:06 AM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:06 AM