> Jst Plugins
Todd Simpson
post Sep 24 2018, 11:23 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I started with the JST Misha and then picked up the Ben Bruce JST. These are very easy to use. Unlike something like Overloud, they don't require you to have a full understanding of building a signal chain. It's pretty much built for you. The user just decides if the stomps (Only 4) are on or off (and choose settings). You can load IR but you don't have to. You get a few cabs/mics to choose from. Basically, just turn it on and it's just about ready to go. I created a track using a riff you may recognize and used the Ben Bruce version of the pllugin and isolated the guitars in the middle. I am starting to like this one better than the Misha Mansoor plugin. Feels more organic, like an old tube amp. Reminds me a lot of the FORTIN plugin. IT's just much cheaper and has some fx thrown in . Anyhoo, here is the vid. The folks at jst liked it so much that they shared it on their Instagram!!

Bruce was on sale for $44 so who could say no?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 25 2018, 08:51 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Gaining traction! It looks like JOEY STURGIS TONES is going to have a contest for people to create presets for the BEN BRUCE plugin (I suggested it in the forum on facebook) and they will get voted on by the community and the winners will be placed in a preset pack for distribution.
Also, MISH MANSOOR himself gave me a like on my post showing my settings for the "Djent" patch I made for his plugin!Attached Image

Joey Sturgis Tones shared my demo vid on instagram!Attached Image
Doing demos for gear that you like is a good way to get some traction on social media. I only demo gear that I actually use and I never take money for it. it can help bring your work to a wider audience.

Todd

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Feb 8 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

Tried the misha I think 1-2 weeks ago, though I understand its made for Djent concept was really harsh to my ears. If periphery called me today to make a mix using that I'd hang the phone biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Feb 9 2019, 02:30 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

I don't think any of us have to worry too much about Misha calling smile.gif So probably not gonna be an issue. wink.gif

I was more posting about the idea of gaining a bit of traction on social media by just making some content featuring the gear one uses every day. if one doesn't actually record or use much gear on a daily basis, this won't work. But if one does record things, it's not a bad idea to generate some content about how it was done. It can help "cross pollinate" the content by getting the vendor/publisher to like/share etc. and thus bring some new eyeballs to ones social media and hopefully, one's Music.
Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 8 2019, 10:22 AM) *
Tried the misha I think 1-2 weeks ago, though I understand its made for Djent concept was really harsh to my ears. If periphery called me today to make a mix using that I'd hang the phone biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 9 2019, 02:33 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Feb 11 2019, 09:30 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 9 2019, 01:30 AM) *
I don't think any of us have to worry too much about Misha calling smile.gif So probably not gonna be an issue. wink.gif

Well. they should call someone for help not Satan laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Feb 11 2019, 09:36 AM
Post #6

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 11 2019, 09:30 AM) *
Well. they should call someone for help not Satan laugh.gif

I was watching this band live some weeks back, and I think it was brutal as hell:

That moment around 2:25 had the whole venue building trembling (small place ish, probably around 300 people would be crammed together).

--------------------
For some prog metal made by yours truly, check out:

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/storm-linnebjerg-a-celestial-voyage-full-demo[/soundcloud]

And subscribe to my Youtube Channel and Instagram here! and here!
...and my Twitch:HERE!

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Feb 11 2019, 12:09 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

I'm too old this biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Feb 11 2019, 12:33 PM
Post #8

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 11 2019, 12:09 PM) *
I'm too old this biggrin.gif

It's not something I would listen to regularly, but there aren't THAT many metal concerts here in town, so I want to support the venues when I can. Usually I'm more into progressive metal/rock and not into growling. However the energy etc. was great. This was the other band that played. At one point the singer asked the crowd to spread out, he moved his microphone and stand into the space and stood there singing for a while. It was actually a very nice moment and made it much more intimate. This is considered blackgaze (black metal + shoegaze?)

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Feb 11 2019, 12:34 PM

--------------------

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/storm-linnebjerg-a-celestial-voyage-full-demo[/soundcloud]

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Feb 11 2019, 02:12 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 11 2019, 11:33 AM) *

Not bad actually. By the way, check out the J-pop thing I shared on the what you're listening topic wink.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Feb 11 2019, 02:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Feb 11 2019, 02:36 PM
Post #10

Learning Rock Star

Just went to a second hand shop. Bought old cheap frames etc. Will be interesting to hear if there is a difference.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Feb 15 2019, 05:45 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Pics please in studio thread!! smile.gif Ben Builds Bass Traps!!!!!
Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 11 2019, 09:36 AM) *
Just went to a second hand shop. Bought old cheap frames etc. Will be interesting to hear if there is a difference.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 07:38 PM