> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Philm's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2016, 05:47 PM
Instructor
I hope to hear a take from you soon. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
philm
Mar 5 2016, 12:02 PM
GMC:er
I have had some time this weekend and have managed to learn the first five parts. I think I will try to polish the first five parts and get them up to the tempo of 130bmp and then make a take on them. Then I shall start learning the the next five parts and so on, what do you think?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2016, 05:51 PM
Instructor
It sounds good! The medley is long so you need time to assimilate the parts. Taking the first 5 is like covering 1 lesson so it's a good amount of parts. How many days are you planing to dedicate to polishing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Mar 8 2016, 06:30 PM
Hey Gab, yeah I thought the lesson is a bit long to learn all in one go. I have been practicing everyday on it since friday but I need a few more days to polish it, i will make a first take next week wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2016, 02:18 PM
Instructor
That's a good plan.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Mar 18 2016, 05:41 PM
Hey Gab, I have made some new takes today on a couple of the lessons.

Sum 41
Still going on this lesson, I think its getting better. There are still timing issues.
Sorry the video is out of focus but its the best take I got of it so I left it.
https://youtu.be/hX4thWn4pK4

Royal Blood.
I have increased the tempo of this one to 90bmp. The timing of the first riff is off and I have worked any more on the fuzz tone yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1Jo4USCaA...eature=youtu.be

20 Punk Bands
This one is very rough and it took me a long time to get an ok take which means I need a lot of work on it. The lead parts are the worst and especially the bending, I haven't learned any lead parts for a while and I think that shows. I haven't tried to get the tone close to the lesson yet, I focused on learning the parts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7yaP-D3sUs...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
philm
Mar 29 2016, 11:27 AM
Hey Gab, I posted some takes a few days ago in the post above. I know you were away for a few days so maybe you missed it wink.gif

I have some other news as well, as you know I have had some health problems with my right hand over the last year and a half. I finally have a diagnosis that makes sense and it means I have to operate this week on my right elbow. That means I won't be able to play for 3-6 weeks, I am not sure exactly how long yet. I hopefully can still use that time for things like song analysis and theory which I have neglected anyway lately. I just thought I would let you know.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2016, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, sorry that I've missed this one! sad.gif

I think that sum 41 is still a bit fast for you. It's better if you practice at a slower tempo as you did with Royal Blood lesson which is sounding really good! It's good to practice at a tempo that you can play everything with precision and slowly increase it as you feel more and more comfortable with the take.

I know that 20 punk bands medley is very demanding but if you practice it at the current speed and dedicate some time each day to the trickier parts it will affect your playing a lot in a positive way. It combines all the techniques and rhythm used in punk in the same tune so it's a punk rock masterclass. Punk is usually described as poor but this medley shows that it includes lots of elements and that have to be a precise player in order to play everything flawless. Keep on working on it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
Mar 30 2016, 04:39 PM
No problem, thanks for the feedback. I understand everything you mean on the lessons. Your right the Sum 41 lesson is still too fast for me, so I will practice that at a slower tempo, I will get there eventually! The Punk band lesson is my challenge for 2016 biggrin.gif I know this lesson is going to take me a long time especially the lead parts. I found it hard at this speed to hit the right pitch with the bends.

Like I mentioned I will be taking a forced break from playing and using the computer for around three weeks due to a elbow operation I need. But I will get back to practicing these lessons as soon as I can. Cu soon.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2016, 08:23 PM
Instructor
Ok mate, thanks for telling me. I wish you all the best on your operation. Take care and relax.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
philm
May 17 2016, 08:13 PM
I'm Back!
I had my operation on my elbow six weeks ago and it went really well! Its taken a long time to heal but today I could start back playing and it feels great. I have to take it slow as I still have some pain but over the next few weeks i will try to build back up to where i was before the operation. So I will start up my old practice routine as soon as I can. Cu soon!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2016, 10:30 PM
Instructor
Great news!! I'm happy to read this mate, welcome back!! smile.gif

Please keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:44 PM