The New Roland Vg 99 Guitar Synth
Guernseyman
Oct 26 2007, 04:31 PM
GMC:er
Hi All, I just wondered if any one has any feedback on this bit of kit? cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
FretDancer69
Oct 27 2007, 01:39 AM
QUOTE (Guernseyman @ Oct 26 2007, 09:31 AM) *
Hi All, I just wondered if any one has any feedback on this bit of kit? cool.gif

ask on the Gear board. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 27 2007, 01:44 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Oct 26 2007, 08:39 PM) *
ask on the Gear board. wink.gif

I moved it ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 27 2007, 01:58 AM
Instructor
Hmm...Tony??? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 29 2007, 08:08 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Not sure about the new 99 but if it's like the previous ones then the COSM - people seem to either like it or hate it. As far as amp and effect modeling goes I like COSM but in my experience you do have to take time to set it up. I use the GT8 and it looks like the Vg99 uses the COSM from that - the Roland patches there are ok but could be better, they don't do the kit justice tbh.

I'm assuming that the guitar models are the same as for the new Fender Strat modeling guitar. That's had very good reviews and the Vg99 is considerably cheaper - albeit the Fender is the guitar with the modeling built in.
Nice to see that the unit has midi capibilites IF you buy a hexaphonic midi pickup. Not sure though whether the Vg99 has the same conversion as a dedicated midi controller/converter like the Roland GI20. If it does then the
unit would be well worth a look if you want guitar synth and amp and guitar modeling.

700UK sterling seems a reasonable price for what is on offer. One thing though - I've always had the impression that they've struggled to sell the previous versions and ended up discounting them, so it may be worth waiting a few months to see what happens.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Guernseyman
Oct 30 2007, 03:05 AM
Thanks Tony,

The feedback is most welcome. I will wait a few months to see if the price drops a little.

I am new to this sort of equipment and there seems to be alot of jargon that I simply don't understand. Is their a book or a web site that will cut through this and help me understand how to get the best out of this sort of equipment?

Jason

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 30 2007, 07:12 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
This might help Jason,
not for the Vg but for for the gt series instead. However I think they share the same, or similar COSM, and people on the forum may well know far more about the Vg then me (not hard as I know little wink.gif ) or be able to point you in the right direction.

Here is the link..

Cheers,
Tony

ps if you need any other help shout - people here will always do there best to help. Just one reason why its such a nice site smile.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Guernseyman
Oct 31 2007, 06:40 AM
Tony thanks for taking the time to locate this site. After just a quick look I can see it is going to help me get to grips with the jargon and understand how to make the best use of this type of kit.

Your point about the friendliness and helpfulness of this site is well made. As someone that is new, and not much more than a beginner with 'the axe', my I can say that I have been made to feel most welcome.

Jason... 'Guernseyman'

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:22 PM