3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Google Chrome, A Google webbrowser
Matt23
Sep 3 2008, 04:01 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I've downloaded it now, seems faster than IE or Firefox.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 3 2008, 05:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I just wanted to make that topic tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 3 2008, 06:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
I just recently changed to Firefox, and I'm not sure I'm going to take the plunge to go all out on Google Chrome. I've downloaded it and installed it none the less though.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Sep 3 2008, 07:02 PM
GMC:er
A nifty litte browser, for sure - but let's not forget how Google has become a giant in just 10 years. smile.gif

They make a living by analyzing our internet behaviour - especially what we search for, how we search for it and when.
And, more importantly: how they and their advertisers can catch our attention, and steer our searching their way.

The more people are using Chrome, the more information they can gather, and sell. And the more powerful they get.

Cleverly thought out. wink.gif

This post has been edited by jacmoe: Sep 3 2008, 07:05 PM

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 3 2008, 08:17 PM
Instructor
I agree with Jacmoe, this browser is just another product that is making their position on the net even bigger. For now Firefox is great browser, but in some time, Google one could easily outrun it, mainly because what jacmoe nicely stated, Google makes a living out of our browsing wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 3 2008, 08:26 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Well as firefox is still functioning...i'll not switch.

If it ain't broke- don't fix it.

(Down with google!!!!...who's with me?!? .......okay just me...)

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 3 2008, 10:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hehe, I'm back on Firefox for the time beeing. Using Chrome was like walking aorund in someone elses house that looked like yours.. It was similar, but it just didn't feel like home =)

And anyway, I'm addicted to all the plugins I use, such as Adblock Plus and a bookmark synchroniser between this PC and my laptop =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Sep 4 2008, 08:28 AM
Yepp. I'll stick with FF for the plugins and googles weird policies.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Sep 4 2008, 12:47 PM
OK, google have updated the EULA after the criticism.
Sam place: http://tapthehive.com/discuss/This_Post_No...le_s_EULA_Sucks

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 4 2008, 01:07 PM
I might give it a try now they have taken that line out of the Terms and Conditions.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 4 2008, 01:13 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 4 2008, 02:07 PM) *
I might give it a try now they have taken that line out of the Terms and Conditions.

I might too smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 4 2008, 01:30 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I may too- but i wonder how much data they collected in that short amount of time from the people who agreed to the original terms and conditions...i'd bet on....alot.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 4 2008, 01:48 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Sep 4 2008, 02:30 PM) *
I may too- but i wonder how much data they collected in that short amount of time from the people who agreed to the original terms and conditions...i'd bet on....alot.

Yeah, but they said that the rules would apply to all. Even those who already had agreed to the terms.
So they won't have the rights to anything really... I think biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 4 2008, 02:02 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Sep 4 2008, 01:48 PM) *
Yeah, but they said that the rules would apply to all. Even those who already had agreed to the terms.
So they won't have the rights to anything really... I think biggrin.gif

Perhaps...but they may just mean that they no longer own whatever the previous people will post from now on- they may still own data that those people previously posted etc.

Who knows, bit of a grey area again.....who cares anyway- google are harmless right? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Sep 4 2008, 02:10 PM
Can somebody please explain what the big deal about google chrome is?You all say it is faster...what do you exactly mean by that...I use Firefox and don't know at which point I could think "this could be faster"...So what is the advantage? Or is it just a huge hype?!

This post has been edited by Nighthawk1: Sep 4 2008, 02:11 PM

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Sep 4 2008, 02:36 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Sep 4 2008, 02:10 PM) *
Can somebody please explain what the big deal about google chrome is?You all say it is faster...what do you exactly mean by that...I use Firefox and don't know at which point I could think "this could be faster"...So what is the advantage? Or is it just a huge hype?!

Internet pages load considerably faster, definitely not hype. Try it yourself! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Sep 4 2008, 04:31 PM
Let's not forget that we are looking at the next Microsoft here, probably even more monstrous:
We are moving towards internet-driven applications, where your operating systems does not matter.
Chrome is built to handle applications, not only interactive web pages.

But, I read that the code engine behind Firefox is faster than even the new Google Chrome engine - so we can safely stay with the fox. For now. smile.gif

Until Google owns it all. laugh.gif

All your apps are belong to us
unsure.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Sep 4 2008, 05:33 PM
NO MORE ADDS ON CHROME! biggrin.gif

I'm using chrome with no adds whatsoever right now. I found this on another forum and it works:

"Just add on to your hosts file.

http://everythingisnt.com/hosts
just copy/paste, its a little outdated *updated last year* but it definitely gets all the major ads.

For the those that need a little help, your hosts file is located in \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
If you're running Vista, make sure you give Notepad admin rights when you open the hosts file"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 4 2008, 11:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Ok just used Chrome for some time..Its nice , nothing special ...Has some bugs (like when moving the scroll bar above its position - you loose control then and it resets , its really annoying) smile.gif Going back to good ol' Firefox !

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Sep 7 2008, 06:05 PM
Instructor
I got used to Fireforx, but maybe I should give a try to google chrome ..

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:50 PM