2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Any Bikers @ Gmc?, I hate winter
Berglmir
Jan 6 2010, 01:03 AM
GMC:er
Hi all!

Just wanted to know if there are any bikers here at GMC so we might share yet another passion? wink.gif

A few weeks ago I had to finally put my new "bella" into her winter quarters - miss her already!
Besides my family and playing guitar this is my third love.

I really love to cruise through the hills outside of Vienna or even take a longer route through the picturesque landscapes of the Wachau (some 80km from where I live)

I have included a photo of my bike (YES it´s new! biggrin.gif) - come on: I wanna see your cool bikes as well!

Really looking forward to it!

Attached Image

Cheers
Berglmir

PS. One of the most sarcastic but very funny (at least for me) signature I have read in a bike forum was:
"Pro CO2 - I don´t need Winter!" laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 6 2010, 01:11 AM
Lets go fishing!

I think our very own Chris Evans is a bike enthusiast ! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 6 2010, 01:17 AM
Learning Tone Master
I was riding bikes since being two years old, strapped to the back of my father^^
I love it, I have a liscense but no money to afford a bike -.-

Nice ride Berglmir but it would be too small for me, I look like an idiot on smaller bikes!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 6 2010, 01:24 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 6 2010, 12:11 AM) *
I think our very own Chris Evans is a bike enthusiast ! wink.gif

heheh oh yea! cant wait for this cold and miserable weather to go away, more snow tonight sad.gif urggh!!!

not quite as grand as your Ducati but I love it smile.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2010, 02:04 AM
Instructor
Bikes are cool, I like big chopper bikes, old styled ones, they are coool! cool.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 6 2010, 03:17 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Awesome bikes you two and Chris, you have got to show off that custom lid... cool.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 6 2010, 11:09 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 6 2010, 02:17 AM) *
Awesome bikes you two and Chris, you have got to show off that custom lid... cool.gif

laugh.gif yea I love my lid, I just had to get it when I saw it!

this is the only pic I got here of it at the mo

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 6 2010, 11:14 AM
Instructor
I love bikes. I played on many biker shows. That's a true RnR feeling smile.gif Summer is always great for bikers.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jan 6 2010, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I used to ride one of these (same saddle and wheels, but different pedals). I hated winter, too. It cost almost as much as a motorcycle.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 6 2010, 02:30 PM
This is now residing in my Garage in desperate need of some TLC, a new Battery Box, a new Reg/Rec and a rewire!!!!
ohmy.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
[attachment=19813:chopper.JPG]

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 6 2010, 02:45 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 6 2010, 01:30 PM) *
This is now residing in my Garage in desperate need of some TLC, a new Battery Box, a new Reg/Rec and a rewire!!!!

a ha I`ve been waiting for this one! I had a feeling you had a bike kicking around smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 6 2010, 03:02 PM
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Jan 6 2010, 01:45 PM) *
a ha I`ve been waiting for this one! I had a feeling you had a bike kicking around smile.gif

biggrin.gif
I also have an RF 600 which is just being transformed as it had a nasty meeting with some diesel and I've had to ditch all the original bodywork!

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Jan 7 2010, 02:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2010, 12:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 6 2010, 02:30 PM) *
[attachment=19813:chopper.JPG]

Now that's what I'm talking about Jonesy, awesome ride! cool.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Jan 7 2010, 10:01 AM
I was sure that I will find some bikers on a guitar forum! biggrin.gif
Coool rides everyone!

@Zakk: I don´t think you would look stupid on the bike (although it IS very "slim") - it´s "narrow" but not small and it´s one of the most powerfull naked bikes on the street atm.
@ Chris: Nice one! Where exactly on your bike is this cool paintbrush work? On the fist photo I can´t seem to find any traced of it.
@ purple hayes: I can but guess what these high-tech bicycles cost - but they sure are head-turners
@ Sensible Jones: I love the pic of your bike and your GMC forum name - they "fit" perfectly laugh.gif

But come on - there must be more bikes out there: put them on display and let´s hope winter ends early this year!! wink.gif

Another interessting topic: Emir said he has been playing often at bike shows and that they connect quite good with RnR.
Do you think there are certain bike types that fit certain music styles better than others. Something like this:

Metal: Superbike
Hard Rock/Alternative Rock: Naked Bike
RnR/Blues: Chopper

Hmmm what would an Enduro or even a real MotoCross Bike be? Oh and ther are Cruisers out there as well (that´ll be Pop/Easy Listenig for me) laugh.gif
Or maybe you even have special bike models and connection to songs in your mind? For me it´s like everytime I see my bike I hear Puff Daddy & Jimmy Page´s "Come with me" or Rammstein´s "Mein Herz brennt".

Would love to know your musical connection to bikes.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 7 2010, 12:36 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 6 2010, 11:37 PM) *
Now that's what I'm talking about Jonesy, awesome ride! cool.gif

Thanks mate!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Berglmir @ Jan 7 2010, 09:01 AM) *
Would love to know your musical connection to bikes.

It's strange, but after seeing the video for the theme from 'Charlies Angels' every time I see a Yellow Ducati I think of Beyonce!!!
tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jan 7 2010, 12:45 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Berglmir @ Jan 7 2010, 04:01 AM) *
@ purple hayes: I can but guess what these high-tech bicycles cost - but they sure are head-turners

I'd forgotten how much that bike + upgrades had cost, so I tracked down the bike & parts online. I must have been temporarily insane to spend that much. huh.gif

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 7 2010, 02:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jan 7 2010, 12:45 PM) *
I'd forgotten how much that bike + upgrades had cost, so I tracked down the bike & parts online. I must have been temporarily insane to spend that much. huh.gif

There is nothing quite like a high tech (or at least close) bicycle though. I had to use my spare bike (3 gears, heavy as an elephant and what not) to ride to work one day. It's not really that long, 13 km, but it felt like I was getting nowhere compared to my regular bicycle.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 7 2010, 11:30 PM
QUOTE (Berglmir @ Jan 7 2010, 09:01 AM) *
@ Chris: Nice one! Where exactly on your bike is this cool paintbrush work? On the fist photo I can´t seem to find any traced of it.

thats not on the bike, thats on my crash helmet, it has that graphic on both sides smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Jan 9 2010, 10:52 AM
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Jan 7 2010, 11:30 PM) *
thats not on the bike, thats on my crash helmet, it has that graphic on both sides smile.gif

Oh I see! Really cool - What a sight you must be when you ride around Sittingbourne. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
edguy
Jan 9 2010, 11:36 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah i wanted to start such an thread too biggrin.gif I love to ride my bike and Berglmir congratulation to this nice Ducati Streetfighter. In my opinion it's the first Streetfighter bike after the Kawasaki Z 750 and Z1000 who really catches the feeling of a fighter.

so here is my bike:

This post has been edited by edguy: Jan 9 2010, 11:39 AM

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:32 AM