New Member Intro
jhayden16
Oct 1 2011, 03:23 AM
GMC:er
Hi everyone,

Just signed up for a month membership...I used to be a member but had to cut down on some things to save money...but I'm back for now! Thanks for the welcome Ben.

I've been playing for about 8 years and mostly play 80's metal and am starting to get into neoclassical stuff as well. The better I get the more I like to push myself and a lot of the neoclassical stuff I love is a little too quick for me...so I'm working on left/right hand technique and scale patterns, hoping to sync up my hands more and get my speed up.

I'm working on a few things right now. I got the Alternate Picking Training System from Shred Wizard, as well as the Unlimited Licks from the same program/guy. I like it a lot, it's all common sense stuff but it's good to have a training program. The lesson/song that pulled me back in to the site is the Neoclassical Etude #1 by Marcus Lavendell. I just memorized it and can play it at about 115 without mistakes...not quite the 140 he does it at...but it sounds good at 115 nonetheless.

My favorite bands are Guns N Roses, Metallica, Van Halen, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie, etc.

Look forward to searching through the site this weekend and finding as much material as I can and start upping my guitar abilities.

Jeff

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 1 2011, 03:50 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Jeff smile.gif !Don't hesitate to participate in the forum, all of your questions-we are here to help!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Oct 1 2011, 03:52 AM
GMC:er
Hey, Jeff! Welcome to the forum smile.gif

Big fan of 80s metal and the bands you listed, too - definately technique-heavy (especially the latter mentions). All the best with it, I'm sure you'll be swamped with lessons to practice. I'd drop in on a few video chats while you're at it, too smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 1 2011, 05:45 PM
Instructor
I'm a fan of some of 80s guitarists as well. Welcome!

Make sure you let us know of any questions you have,

/Daniel

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 2 2011, 09:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Jeff and welcome to GMC! Don't be shy on asking us about the stuff you wish to know! smile.gif Also, be sure to check out the video chat sessions each day - mine is happening each Thursday at 8 o' clock London time!

Cosmin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:42 PM