Very Informative Th-u Review
Phil66
Nov 9 2020, 03:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Another very informative review of TH-U, they get it second to Helix Native, IMHO the TH-U interface is much better than Native but each to their own. Sonically I don't think there's much in it, as I said, I prefer the interface in TH-U.

Enjoy

https://honestampsimreviews.com/2019/11/21/overloud-thu/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 10 2020, 10:55 PM
GMC:er
Another glowing review to be sure. My fave bit was

There’s isn’t a single negative thing that I can say about TH-U Full. It’s incredibly versatile to almost a limitless degree, there’s a long list of high quality components for every style and attention to detail across every single part of the plugin. It really is money well spent for anyone looking for a huge variety of professional studio quality tones in one plugin. The CPU is also INSANELY low all things considered. I was amazed at how little it was using even with a longer signal chain that utilized more components.

Then they said they still liked the line 6 plugin better? I liked the helix plugin but I do like thu a bit better especially the interface. I like building signal chains with icons that look like the actual bits being used. Makes glancing at it efficient as well. I guess if one got very used to the line 6 icons that it would serve the same purpose.

Another cool bit in THU is that the remastered all of their cabs and you can pick from the original or remastered version. Also, you get a lot of controls for each cabinet. You can pick any two mics, position them, and then get full mixer control for how much of each mic and how much room tone. You can also add two cabs with 2 mics each for even more tonal flexibillity. Along with being able to select what tubes go in your amp and tweaks wads of settings inside the amp itself, you can add custom IR as we have discussed. THU is a very deep app with a dizzying array of options. If these get to complex, you can always just use the kemper style RIG approach and load a rig from one of the rig packs.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 9 2020, 10:24 AM) *
Another very informative review of TH-U, they get it second to Helix Native, IMHO the TH-U interface is much better than Native but each to their own. Sonically I don't think there's much in it, as I said, I prefer the interface in TH-U.

Enjoy

https://honestampsimreviews.com/2019/11/21/overloud-thu/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 14 2020, 09:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I hadn't even come across that remastered cab thing. For those that don't know, you can get the little details dialogue box up by either double-clicking on the cab or right-clicking and selecting properties. It doesn't show you that in the video.

IMHO TH-U is the best thing I've ever bought, I love how simple it is if you need it to be and how in-depth it can be if you want it to be.

As I've said before, I got my license for £198 from an eBay seller, great value, then another £!00 for the FCB1010 MIDI controller, I only really wanted an expression pedal but for that money, you get two expression pedals and twelve footswitches.

The way we harp on about TH-U Todd, everyone will think we're on commission laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Stay safe.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:34 PM