Kahler Bridges?
MattE
Jul 11 2008, 06:47 AM
GMC:er
Has anyone here ever seen (or used) a Kahler bridge? They look like they have the locking control of a traditional floyd rose, but they have options for fixed bridges as well as tremolo systems.

Go here -> Kahler and let me know what you think. I might purchase one if it's a good option to replace a fixed bridge with

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Jul 11 2008, 06:55 AM
My Guitar has a Kahler bridge. It's from 1990 on a "Heartfield Talon". It's an older one. So, it kind of look like an older floyd. I love it smile.gif ! The only thing I dislike about mine is that the bar is screwed on. So, abusive use over time will strip away the inside where the bar is held. It looks like they have some sort of locking mechanism on the newer ones (similar to ibanez's).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MattE
Jul 11 2008, 07:08 AM
So if, say, I went out and bought an Ibanez RG (the 7 string model) that has a standard fixed bridge, and also bought a kahler 7 string bridge (the Hybrid 7227 I believe is the model), would I be able to switch the bridges out with minimal hassle you think?

A locking nut mechanism would probably be added too tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Jul 11 2008, 07:19 AM
Unfortunately, I can't help you out there... My guitar was built in the factory with a pre-installed Kahler. It also depends if it the bridge you want digs into the body, or if it kind of rests on top of it. I'm not 100% sure... But, you may need some work done. I wouldn't take my word for it in this case rolleyes.gif . Good luck! I hope you only have to slap that thing on there with a few strings! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jul 11 2008, 01:02 PM
Instructor
I got a Kahler Flyer factory instaled on a Carvin DC200, it´s a nice bridge, is like and upgraded fender tremolo. Be warned the kahler went out of business and come back recently in 2006 so for older bridges wont have any support. They seem fine bridges anyway.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 11 2008, 01:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
As far as I know they are almost as difficult to install as a floyd, they are great trems but you can't increase the tension with it, it's a only-divebomb trem but nothing for high pitch squeals and stuff.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jul 11 2008, 05:03 PM
QUOTE (MattE @ Jul 11 2008, 02:08 AM) *
So if, say, I went out and bought an Ibanez RG (the 7 string model) that has a standard fixed bridge, and also bought a kahler 7 string bridge (the Hybrid 7227 I believe is the model), would I be able to switch the bridges out with minimal hassle you think?

A locking nut mechanism would probably be added too tongue.gif

They don't sit on top of the body. You need a body cavity just like the Floyd's or any other non-fixed bridge.

There isn't any standardization for the mounting requirements for these things. I have an Ibanez Roadstar with their old Pro Rock'r bridge that I don't like. Been thinking of getting it pulled and putting a Kahler in its place, but going to have the body rerouted a bit to make it fit.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:04 PM