2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ybritt's Bootcamp, Earn it and Burn it!!!
Ybritt
post Sep 18 2019, 12:22 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.673

Hi Sarge!

Ready for the first debrief on M#5.
To give myself some feedback when listening to the take I can maybe be a little softer on the string picking, I don’t know what you think? I try to work on this but sometimes I forget myself.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 18 2019, 08:29 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Soldier you got this lick down, I notice that on the first lead in it takes a moment for you to lock step to the metronome, but that's ok. The point is you can play this and play it well. It's a "Stepping Stone" lick. It leads to many other licks that will follow which incorporate "PEDAL POINT" (Neo Classical) technique, as well as muted alternate picking which is the key to getting a "shreddy" sound. let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*ALTERNATE PICKING: Alternate picking is a tricky thing and you do a fine job of keeping it nice and TOIGHT!!!

*PACE:It's tempting to rush or lag these bits based on which sections feel easier or harder. You play very evenly which is what I like to see.

*ARTICULATION: You are not picking from the elbow which is great. It's easy to stiffen the entire arm and elbow pick which is a bad habbit and hard to break. You are articulating the pick very well. I would suggest trying to reduce the overall range of pick motion just to keep things as minimal as possible which reduces the amount of time required to make the next pick strike.
You ticked every box I was looking for on this one. you just......

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

It's great to see you back in the fight Soldier!!!!!! keep it up!!! Try to incorporate all of these licks in to your soloing and your warm ups. Even if you just play each one once a day, over time it builds and you will have a huge lick library to pick from! Sometimes, players just play the Mission and forget the lick. Which doesn't help them that much as they forget the mechanics of the lick if they don't play it. It's "use it or lose it" So use it Soldier!! I see serious potential in your playing!
Sarge

QUOTE (Ybritt @ Sep 18 2019, 07:22 AM) *
Hi Sarge!

Ready for the first debrief on M#5.
To give myself some feedback when listening to the take I can maybe be a little softer on the string picking, I don’t know what you think? I try to work on this but sometimes I forget myself.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 18 2019, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
Ybritt
post Sep 18 2019, 09:17 PM
Post #23

Sarge! Thanks for the feedback - and for believing in my playing. It means a lot. Especially when I, every now and then, feel that progress I weak and that I’m not able to practice as much as I want to.

Even though I levelled up, I noticed that what I thought was mission #5 actually is mission #6, and that I skipped the real #5! Not good! I will go back and complete my duty Sarge, rest assure!

Ybritt

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 18 2019, 07:29 PM) *
Soldier you got this lick down, I notice that on the first lead in it takes a moment for you to lock step to the metronome, but that's ok. The point is you can play this and play it well. It's a "Stepping Stone" lick. It leads to many other licks that will follow which incorporate "PEDAL POINT" (Neo Classical) technique, as well as muted alternate picking which is the key to getting a "shreddy" sound. let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*TRAVERSE: String Traverse is a tricky thing. It's easy to stumble on it. You play it clean and confident. Well done!!

*PACE:It's tempting to rush or lag these bits based on which sections feel easier or harder. You play very evenly which is what I like to see.

*ARTICULATION: You are not picking from the elbow which is great. It's easy to stiffen the entire arm and elbow pick which is a bad habbit and hard to break. You are articulating the pick very well. I would suggest trying to reduce the overall range of pick motion just to keep things as minimal as possible which reduces the amount of time required to make the next pick strike.

You ticked every box I was looking for on this one. you just......

LEVELED UP!!!
[attachment=49143:5.jpg]

It's great to see you back in the fight Soldier!!!!!! keep it up!!! Try to incorporate all of these licks in to your soloing and your warm ups. Even if you just play each one once a day, over time it builds and you will have a huge lick library to pick from! Sometimes, players just play the Mission and forget the lick. Which doesn't help them that much as they forget the mechanics of the lick if they don't play it. It's "use it or lose it" So use it Soldier!! I see serious potential in your playing!

Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 18 2019, 09:39 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Yup! I just noticed it as well. Just do the other one for next time smile.gif Your playing is getting more confident with each vid. Keep going!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Ybritt @ Sep 18 2019, 04:17 PM) *
Sarge! Thanks for the feedback - and for believing in my playing. It means a lot. Especially when I, every now and then, feel that progress I weak and that I’m not able to practice as much as I want to.

Even though I levelled up, I noticed that what I thought was mission #5 actually is mission #6, and that I skipped the real #5! Not good! I will go back and complete my duty Sarge, rest assure!

Ybritt

+Quote Post
Ybritt
post Oct 22 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #25

Finally, here are the videos of the real number 5. Long time since last time but I have been practicing. Let me know your thoughts, Sarge.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 23 2019, 04:39 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Well Fought Soldier! I can tell you are pushing the edge of where you can still catch the metronome but you are keeping pace! Let's Debrief!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*TRAVERSE: String Traverse is a tricky thing. It's easy to stumble on it. You play it clean and confident. Well done!!
*ARTICULATION: It's easy to stiffen the entire arm and elbow pick which is a bad habbit and hard to break. You are articulating the pick very well. I would suggest trying to reduce the overall range of pick motion just to keep things as minimal as possible which reduces the amount of time required to make the next pick strike.

You killed this one, you just......

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

[color=#FF0000][/color]Todd
QUOTE (Ybritt @ Oct 22 2019, 04:10 PM) *
Finally, here are the videos of the real number 5. Long time since last time but I have been practicing. Let me know your thoughts, Sarge.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 08:43 AM