13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Gary Moore Tribute Collaboration, Instructors/Students Video Collaboration
Sensible Jones
May 12 2014, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
Yet another awesome job by everyone!!
Congrats to all for doing such a great job!
Many thanks to Gab, Cosmin and Darius for putting the whole thing together and the comments!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 11 2014, 12:34 PM) *
Gabriel
Sensible Jones: Some more bear, more aggressive playing and you will be ready for playing with the ZZtop! Haha. Your playing is very tasty, I like the licks that you recorded and your groove goes very cool with the backing. I wish you would play the take even more relaxed and feeling what you play a bit more. You look very concentrated and everything is in place but try relaxing your body a bit more while you play. Keep on rocking.

Thanks for the kind words Gab!! I'll try to be more relaxed for the next one!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 11 2014, 12:34 PM) *
Cosmin
Sensible Jones: Hello Neal! I like the direction you had on this one and the fact that you ventured into major blues territory, which is not that popular with folks in general, due to the fact that it's not always easy to phrase over it smile.gif Nice interval licks and notes ringing into each other smile.gif

Thanks Cos! Personally I quite enjoy Major Blues, I think it stems from all the old 50's Rock 'n' Roll records I taught myself when I was first learning Guitar!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: May 12 2014, 08:15 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregc1
May 12 2014, 04:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Oh wow, I had forgotten all about this one, great job GMCers and thanks to the instructors for putting it together. These things keep getting better and better.

Also, it's a true honor to get to jam with Darius. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
May 12 2014, 09:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
Some really awesome playing in this one.

And some of your tones make me shiver......... wub.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 12 2014, 09:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well played everyone.

Was my take too poor for comments? laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
wavo
May 13 2014, 12:33 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 12 2014, 08:36 PM) *
Well played everyone.

Caelummamittendum-

Excellent Phrasing, super clean runs with soulful feeling and a kick ass beard.
A++ Would definitely listen again.

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 13 2014, 06:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 12 2014, 02:41 PM) *
Yet another awesome job by everyone!!
Congrats to all for doing such a great job!
Many thanks to Gab, Cosmin and Darius for putting the whole thing together and the comments!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kind words Gab!! I'll try to be more relaxed for the next one!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks Cos! Personally I quite enjoy Major Blues, I think it stems from all the old 50's Rock 'n' Roll records I taught myself when I was first learning Guitar!

Hehe! A lot of folks including myself, have been a bit shy on working with the major blues, simply because I haven't taken the time to learn it properly, but now, I am just using my ears and making the best of it biggrin.gif I too, was raised on rock n roll and evergreen songs by my mom and dad biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 13 2014, 07:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 12 2014, 08:36 PM) *
Well played everyone.

NO WAY! How in blazes did I miss writing about yours sad.gif Sorry mate, but your take was pretty darn amazing biggrin.gif Great tone, phrasing, direction, round and expressive playing! How could you think it's not good enough for comments? Eh? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
May 13 2014, 08:03 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 13 2014, 08:31 AM) *
NO WAY! How in blazes did I miss writing about yours sad.gif Sorry mate, but your take was pretty darn amazing biggrin.gif Great tone, phrasing, direction, round and expressive playing! How could you think it's not good enough for comments? Eh? biggrin.gif

Maybe my take was too poor? rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 13 2014, 12:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ May 12 2014, 04:43 PM) *
Oh wow, I had forgotten all about this one, great job GMCers and thanks to the instructors for putting it together. These things keep getting better and better.

Also, it's a true honor to get to jam with Darius. cool.gif

The pleasure is on my side mate! smile.gif I'll post my thoughts on Your takes soon. Had a really busy days lately. Very cool to have You all here having such a great time. It's a pure pleasure for me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 13 2014, 11:41 PM
Your take was so good that it got lumped in the "Instructor Takes" and didn't get commented on smile.gif Killer playing, killer tone, and your harmonies really set it off. NICE!!!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 12 2014, 04:36 PM) *
Well played everyone.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2014, 07:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 13 2014, 10:41 PM) *
Your take was so good that it got lumped in the "Instructor Takes" and didn't get commented on smile.gif Killer playing, killer tone, and your harmonies really set it off. NICE!!!!

Todd's right biggrin.gif Hats off T man!

+Quote Post
tonyk
May 14 2014, 08:40 AM
Thanks for feedback guys.
Vid was great

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
May 14 2014, 11:03 AM
Great job from all of you!! It was pleasurable to watch and listen!

Thanks for your nice feedbacks for Gab (especially this was the nice part of it: "This is my favorite part of the collab, congratulations!!") and Cosmin! cool.gif

I liked to make this collab take and I'll think there's even better coming with that really fun 80's collab.

Thanks and congrats to all of us! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 14 2014, 01:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (wavo @ May 13 2014, 01:33 AM) *
Caelummamittendum-

Excellent Phrasing, super clean runs with soulful feeling and a kick ass beard.
A++ Would definitely listen again.

wink.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 13 2014, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 14 2014, 12:41 AM) *

Thanks, guys! Very appreciated! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2014, 08:43 AM
Instructor
It's amazing to take some time and look on your take in a nice context and realize - hey! I am making music biggrin.gif Isn't it great? How many of you have experienced this feeling? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 16 2014, 08:57 AM
Instructor
Ok guys. Sorry for the delay. Here are my thougts on Your takes smile.gif

Capasso - Very nice solo man. You look like You really dig what You're playing - that's very good. Great to have You on board smile.gif You have a gift for sure and You feel the music + keep Your playing very emotional.

WRK and gregc1 - You didn't play a jam in this collab but I've pointed You because of Your similar style...similar and fantastic feel. Love dynamics and articulation usage from both of You. This time greg decided to provide some riffs but in his usual solos it's Your common style is visible smile.gif Excelent job on both takes!

Sensible Jones - You rock man! Nice tele smile.gif Very well matched take. Something different this time - I remember to hear You playing over sad backings most of the time biggrin.gif Some great, essential blues pattern included.

Wavo - Very warm tone, maybe a bit too much for my taste but it's cool anyway and fit Your playing smile.gif Same as Mr. Jones - some good essential blues stuff there.

Bleez and Beat Zbinden - Couldn't resist to put You both together while listening that both solos where so well fitted rhythmically smile.gif Bleez as usuall has his recognizable style and tone - well done man! smile.gif Beat - very clean and selective tone. Good execution and well prepared tone. I like Your abilty to create really descent melodic basis for all Your solos. Excelent smile.gif

Procyon - Your SG is just crying! smile.gif Very good add - liked that sad mood and peace over Your take. Simple yet very refreshing at this point of collab. Great job! smile.gif Really sounding like gary did! Great job on this one smile.gif

Allison Da Silva - You're very focused while playing. Trying to be precise and clean. That's a good atribute. You respect the listener taking care of details. Well done my friend smile.gif

Tonyk - I've just reminded the main GMC quote - "From zero to hero". It sounds bad tongue.gif I don't mean You sounded like zero at the beginning but now it's a HUGE difference in Your playing comparing to the very first collab we did. I really enjoy Your progress and tone improvements. You can be proud of Yourself man...even if You know it's still much work to be done smile.gif

SlowFingaX & Ricky9 - Somehow both of Your melodies sounded like a dialogue...I just got the together to make sure and...whoalaaaa smile.gif Both of You got that good pressure to prioryze some melodic concepts. Ricky9 - Your take after dynamics and articulation upgrade is really a good one. Kepp up the good work. SlowfingaX - You got some good basics and feel of melody. I think You could work some more on colors in Your playing. Good melody basis is essential but it's just a first step. Nest step would be the details....a loooot of small details that seems to be not so obvious but do a lot of good job. I hope You know what I mean smile.gif You're on the good path smile.gif

Monica - well done! smile.gif Good fit to the track, good tone and execution smile.gif It really don't have to be anything more to please the listener. You're great musician and I think someday You'll be a monster player smile.gif Won't get into details - we got them in messages smile.gif

Snoop - Man that was something top notch. Love that bright tone, dynamics, low gain and some tiny details that make the differance smile.gif Great one! You make that strat sing.

Cael - You're a great musician. I always enjoy Your solos. The only thing I always miss was written in the message You read before smile.gif Excellent tension build with the phrase at the beginning of second part! Only 2 thoughts. 1 - Keep the rec button on for a little longer smile.gif I was distraced from Your solo after You just immediately press STOP button and take away the hands from Your guitar (You were in hurry to the toilet? smile.gif Leave some more time for fade out next time biggrin.gif 2 - I know it's hard and we all do this sometimes but try to avoid abusing one lick too many times in one solo - 5:51 / 5:52 this chromatic legato lick shows in a few different places (at least 3-4 times) with the same rhythm. It's just the detail but at Your level this is something important to be aware of smile.gif

Jeroen - Great to have You withing participants smile.gif Looks like You always bring some extra work to Your recordings - nice sound and visuals smile.gif Sorry for the technical issues. I think next will try to verify You files right after You send those and next time will be perfect. Liked Your smooth connection between all notes - pratically no breaks, smooth lines and good match to the track.

Gregc1 - Awesome to join Your powerfull backing guitar. Truly pomped out the full mix at the end smile.gif Was a pleasure to join You at the final collab part smile.gif Descent, precise execution and great groove! You're always warm wellcome to collaborate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 16 2014, 10:51 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ May 16 2014, 07:57 AM) *
Monica - well done! smile.gif Good fit to the track, good tone and execution smile.gif It really don't have to be anything more to please the listener. You're great musician and I think someday You'll be a monster player smile.gif Won't get into details - we got them in messages smile.gif

Thank you for Your kind words and for all Your time that You spend to work with me smile.gif I hope You will have right and someday I will reach the level that we want. Only becoming a good player, I will show what damn brilliant instructor You are and making You to be proud of me it's a minimal way to reward Your work smile.gif You are and You will always be a model for me as musician, guitarist and instructor wink.gif

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
May 16 2014, 11:28 AM
SlowfingaX - You got some good basics and feel of melody. I think You could work some more on colors in Your playing. Good melody basis is essential but it's just a first step. Nest step would be the details....a loooot of small details that seems to be not so obvious but do a lot of good job. I hope You know what I mean smile.gif You're on the good path smile.gif

Thanks mate for your thoughts about my take! wink.gif
I'm learning more and more and try to find some more colors for my guitar playing...more steps forward of course is my goal! smile.gif

I just bought a new laptop because I got so tired for my old garbage laugh.gif
This isn't the fastest and best (but very good with my budget)..but much better than my over 5 year old Asus..which I had before.
Now I have Intel i7 with 8gb (earlier core 2 duo with 3gb). I hope it's much easier to make some editing and recording now...and maybe even some more better quality wink.gif Of course it's also take some time to get used to Win 8.1 laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SlowFingaX: May 16 2014, 03:20 PM

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 16 2014, 12:04 PM
Instructor
You're wellcome! smile.gif Your new device would be better for sure! smile.gif You will feel much more comfortable especially when editting video wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 16 2014, 04:13 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ May 16 2014, 08:57 AM) *
Sensible Jones - You rock man! Nice tele smile.gif Very well matched take. Something different this time - I remember to hear You playing over sad backings most of the time biggrin.gif Some great, essential blues pattern included.

Thanks Darius! That's my 1987 G&L ASAT. biggrin.gif
I do like playing Major Blues although I am more of a Minor kind of guy!! wink.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:28 PM