> Corona Virus Spreading Out Of China
Todd Simpson
post Jan 23 2020, 10:20 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

There is a Corona Virus spreading out of China and a few hundred folks are infected and several have now died. China has locked down two cities to try to prevent spread. There is NO TREATMENT for Corona Virus. So the problem for people who get it, is that there is very little that can be done for them. We have just one case in the states. So it's not a big deal here. It's a problem in China though. Don't get too freaked out by this stuff though as it's probably going to stay mostly in China. I'm starting to see crazy videos on youtube where people are really blowing it out of all proportion. It's not as deadly as SARS so it's sorta like a bad flu virus that reguiar meds won't work on.

So
Wash your hands a lotStay away from people who seem sickstay home if you get sick.

Same things you always do in Flu Season smile.gif
Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 23 2020, 10:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Jan 23 2020, 11:05 PM
Post #2

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

It's here in the UK, four people in Scotland flew in from the town that is in lock down in China.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Yesterday, 10:43 PM

--------------------
MY CURRENT REVISION FOLDER

[/url]
SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

It's over here now as well. It's just one or two folks so far over here. I was a bit shocked to hear China had cancelled Chinese New Year festivities in Beijing. Each year, Chinese New Year is the largest mass migration of humanity on the planet earth. All those people moving about for one reason. To celebrate new year with their families. It's much like Christmas is for western folks. Imagine the president coming on TV and saying he was going to cancel Christmas, and then asked everyone to just stay home.

I am glad to see the Chinese govt is taking this very seriously and hopefully it will all be sorted very soon. smile.gif
So far, like 20 Million people have been asked to simply not leave home. 3 Cities so far in china. All public transport has been closed. This sort of thing is a first in history. Trying to isolate tens of millions of people is going to be a challenge.
Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 23 2020, 06:05 PM) *
It's here in the UK, for people in Scotland flew in from the town that is in lock down in China.

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Yesterday, 10:43 PM
Post #4

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

Fourteen have now been tested, all clear thankfully.

--------------------
MY CURRENT REVISION FOLDER

[/url]
SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Yesterday, 11:14 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

That's great news! It looks like they are doing their best to keep it contained. So we should all be just fine smile.gif It's the folks near the epicenter that have it bad. store shelves are cleared out already in many places, all transport in and out has been stopped. The worst part, people are just starting to drop on the street. Evidently, at some point the virus makes it really hard to breath and sick folks just pass out where they happen to be. They are building a hospital just for folks with corona virus. The other health facilities are already maxed out. They plan to build a new hospital in 6 days! From ground breaking to first patient in 6 days. I don't know how that's possible.

13 cities on lockdown in china with a population roughly equal to Canada.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 24 2020, 05:43 PM) *
Fourteen have now been tested, all clear thankfully.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Yesterday, 11:20 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th January 2020 - 01:46 PM