Loudwire Top 10 Albums Of 2013....
Sensible Jones
Dec 11 2013, 04:59 PM
GMC:er
See the chart HERE!!!!
Which Albums do you think are missing or do you agree with this list??
Discuss below!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2013, 06:41 PM
Instructor
The only album that I heard complete from that list is the one by Black Sabbath and it deserves to be there. I've heard some songs by Motorhead's and DT's, I have to listen more to them. I will give a try to the other ones. I'm very surprised of finding the new Queensryche album there...

Thanks for sharing this link. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 11 2013, 07:26 PM
Instructor
The only ones I've heard are by Sabbath and Ghost.. both brilliant albums and deserve to be there. smile.gif

I don't like how close Isahn's album 'Seelenbrechen' is to the title for 'Soul Breaker' by The Reckoning. dry.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 11 2013, 07:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yeah... 13 for definate.
Im not too sure how I feel about Ghost BC. I didnt like the single 'if you have ghost' but after I heard the original version I kinda got into it a bit. Still not got through their whole album though.

I would give a shout to Amon Amarth and also Five finger death punch, both those bands have had pretty killer albums this year.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Dec 12 2013, 12:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
I've heard bits of the new DT album, it's nice but it's quite different from everything else DT has done. It's much softer..

Personally, I think TesseracT should have been somewhere in that list with their new album 'Altered State'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 13 2013, 10:32 AM
These top lists are often made by kids who haven't listened to 10% of metal, and they tend to recruit such simmilar adolescent's Posh metal taste.
sABBAth Without DIO AIN'T SABBATH ! IT's a Sharon's industry. THINK ABOUT IT.
Where are new , excellent albums by CARCASS, Metal Church, FATES WARNING (killer), SATAN albums, and also Reckoning's awesome album smile.gif That Ghost B.C. i wont comment. Even new Megadeth's has a piece of metal compared to that.

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Dec 13 2013, 10:35 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 13 2013, 11:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 13 2013, 09:32 AM) *
and also Reckoning's awesome album smile.gif

Obviously that's the best one but they couldn't put it on the list as it would be unfair to everybody else smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 13 2013, 12:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 13 2013, 09:32 AM) *
sABBAth Without DIO AIN'T SABBATH ! IT's a Sharon's industry. THINK ABOUT IT.

Ive thought about it and rejected your premise.... sorry dude. True Sabbath is ozzy, tony, geezer and bill ( i know we dont have bill on the new album ) and it all pre-dates sharon. Also, sharon doesnt write any riffs, melodies or lyrics.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 13 2013, 01:06 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 13 2013, 12:56 PM) *
Ive thought about it and rejected your premise.... sorry dude. True Sabbath is ozzy, tony, geezer and bill ( i know we dont have bill on the new album ) and it all pre-dates sharon. Also, sharon doesnt write any riffs, melodies or lyrics.

yeah, and True Iron Maiden is Harris,Di Anno, Straton, Murray, Burr come on man wink.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 13 2013, 01:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 13 2013, 12:06 PM) *
yeah, and True Iron Maiden is Harris,Di Anno, Straton, Murray, Burr come on man wink.gif

not at all, totally different.
black sabbath, paranoid, masters of reality, volume 4 etc, all contain some of the best stuff ever committed to vinyl. All those albums are why original sabbath are 'true sabbath'.
IMO after sabotage it began to change but those early albums defined what black sabbath were all about. I like the dio stuff but they were a different band by then.

I was lucky enough to see dio live, I was quite near the front as well.... he was flawless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 13 2013, 01:56 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Personally, I would have chosen Heaven Shall Burn's album Veto amongst the top 10...but well.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:13 AM