> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Michael Ac's Guitar Magic Maker
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 5 2012, 02:13 PM
Instructor
Michael, I congratulate you for the fact that you are into so many lessons and you are practicing regularly, but I got one question: How accurate are your renditions of these lessons? You know, it would be far better to tackle fewer lessons and making them sound rock solid!

Let me know

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Apr 6 2012, 01:05 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 5 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Michael, I congratulate you for the fact that you are into so many lessons and you are practicing regularly, but I got one question: How accurate are your renditions of these lessons? You know, it would be far better to tackle fewer lessons and making them sound rock solid!

Let me know

Cosmin

The lessons I list as review have already been completed in REC and passed. I just like them as warm-ups and to continue to help me feel confident.

The only active lesson I am focusing on is the Vinnie Moore patterns. I plan on recording it for REC sometime this weekend. The one last night I just gave it a try to see if I could do it...I think I can so it will be my next lesson after I pass Vinnie... biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 6 2012, 06:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Michael AC @ Apr 6 2012, 12:05 AM) *
The lessons I list as review have already been completed in REC and passed. I just like them as warm-ups and to continue to help me feel confident.

The only active lesson I am focusing on is the Vinnie Moore patterns. I plan on recording it for REC sometime this weekend. The one last night I just gave it a try to see if I could do it...I think I can so it will be my next lesson after I pass Vinnie... biggrin.gif

Alright Mike! What do you say if you would post a take on the Vinnie lesson here at first so we can see if it's ready for a good mark in the REC zone? tongue.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Apr 6 2012, 04:35 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 6 2012, 01:58 AM) *
Alright Mike! What do you say if you would post a take on the Vinnie lesson here at first so we can see if it's ready for a good mark in the REC zone? tongue.gif

Cosmin

Will do! Hopefully will be later this evening...just finished work so practice will start in early this afternoon!

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Apr 6 2012, 11:22 PM
Here it is biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 7 2012, 08:11 AM
Instructor
hey Mike!

this take is shaping up very nicely! I like it and to make it better, you should focus a bit on timing as you tend to slightly but VERY slightly slip behind the track wink.gif and also, take care of the right hand movement which is a bit too wriggly if you get my idea. Move it lesser and you will gain more stamina wink.gif

Will ya shoot another one, focusing on these two aspects? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Apr 7 2012, 10:14 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 7 2012, 03:11 AM) *
hey Mike!

this take is shaping up very nicely! I like it and to make it better, you should focus a bit on timing as you tend to slightly but VERY slightly slip behind the track wink.gif and also, take care of the right hand movement which is a bit too wriggly if you get my idea. Move it lesser and you will gain more stamina wink.gif

Will ya shoot another one, focusing on these two aspects? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

I will work on the timing but not sure on the movement. Since I am skipping strings how can I move my right hand less? Do I need to make my hand more stiff?

Edit: I went back to the original video and watched his hand movements and I am still not getting it? Anyway you can explain it? Thanks!

This post has been edited by Michael AC: Apr 7 2012, 10:19 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2012, 09:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Michael AC @ Apr 7 2012, 09:14 AM) *
I will work on the timing but not sure on the movement. Since I am skipping strings how can I move my right hand less? Do I need to make my hand more stiff?

Edit: I went back to the original video and watched his hand movements and I am still not getting it? Anyway you can explain it? Thanks!

Hey Michael! When I say less, I mean that at this point your movements are pretty loose, meaning that after more practicing and focusing on becoming more economic in your right hand movements, you will eventually decrease the amplitude of your pick strokes biggrin.gif there! That sounded so scientific biggrin.gif let me know if I am being clear, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Apr 9 2012, 04:26 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 9 2012, 04:35 AM) *
Hey Michael! When I say less, I mean that at this point your movements are pretty loose, meaning that after more practicing and focusing on becoming more economic in your right hand movements, you will eventually decrease the amplitude of your pick strokes biggrin.gif there! That sounded so scientific biggrin.gif let me know if I am being clear, k?

Cosmin

I think I get it...I noticed that on some of the string skipping my hand rolls a little more (pivots). I tried to focus on keeping that tighter with more precision but I found my arm tensing up and not being relaxed. Will work more on it tonight.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 10 2012, 11:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Michael AC @ Apr 9 2012, 03:26 PM) *
I think I get it...I noticed that on some of the string skipping my hand rolls a little more (pivots). I tried to focus on keeping that tighter with more precision but I found my arm tensing up and not being relaxed. Will work more on it tonight.

Great man! Let me know when it's done wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Apr 17 2012, 03:28 AM
Hey...went to record tonight and it sucked...really frustrated. Been going over and over this and thought I had my hand movements tighter, but when recording tonight and watching the video, not much changed, strings were buzzing and it just sounded like crap.

Guess one of those days...will give it another try tomorrow night...sorry it is taking so long. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2012, 07:27 AM
Instructor
Hey Mike, take it easy man smile.gif you know, there's days and days, so try again when it feels right, k?

What else have you been up to?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Apr 18 2012, 02:43 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 17 2012, 02:27 AM) *
Hey Mike, take it easy man smile.gif you know, there's days and days, so try again when it feels right, k?

What else have you been up to?

Cosmin

Just trying to focus on timing and this lesson. I have also been playing around with the driving collab...but not sure if I can get something recorded in time...but is a great experience! Also some more ear training.

Thanks for your encouragement...guess I really let it get to me last night... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2012, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Michael, believe me man, I have days when I start wondering if I know how to play the guitar laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2012, 08:04 PM
Instructor
Hey Mike, what happened to you man? sad.gif

The take is good, aside from some timing issues, small but noticeable. I think you should get it out of your system for now, as it's a good thing for you to diversify a bit smile.gif

I would go for something melodic and articulation oriented, if you would like it too? smile.gif

And about vocal lessons, they will probably change your life man smile.gif go for it!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 1 2012, 08:44 AM

+Quote Post
Michael AC
May 1 2012, 01:54 AM
Cosmin I have been out sick for a while...

Here is another take on the Vinnie Moore lesson. I think it is better than the last one. Over the past two weeks of playing it I have not seen much change. I loaded this to the REC also.

A friend of mine gave me some vocal warmup exercises to go with the ear training I am doing. Seems to help.

talk to you later.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 1 2012, 09:11 AM
Instructor

The take is good, aside from some timing issues, small but noticeable. I think you should get it out of your system for now, as it's a good thing for you to diversify a bit smile.gif

I would go for something melodic and articulation oriented, if you would like it too? smile.gif

And about vocal lessons, they will probably change your life man smile.gif go for it!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Michael AC
May 1 2012, 07:53 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 1 2012, 04:11 AM) *

Cosmin

You are right I need to move on and come back to this.

I have been pretty sick for the last week...so now just getting my legs back under me.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2012, 03:28 PM
Instructor
Alright then, what do you think about this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jonath...elodic-Soloing/

Be as expressive as you can biggrin.gif and if you don't like it, we can try something else - it's important that you like it smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Michael AC
May 2 2012, 04:26 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 2 2012, 10:28 AM) *
Alright then, what do you think about this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jonath...elodic-Soloing/

Be as expressive as you can biggrin.gif and if you don't like it, we can try something else - it's important that you like it smile.gif

Cosmin

I started on this one before I saw this post:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...Of-Your-Guitar/

But the instructor doing the lesson is well you know... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:25 PM