Be Able To Play Any Song On The Go!, how important it is and how to get it?
Alex Feather
Jul 30 2012, 10:06 AM
Instructor
Hi guys! I just finished another show and wanted to share something very interesting with you!
Being a hired gun it is very important to be able to learn songs on the go! I have been playing with a lot of musicians and have noticed how important it is! I am getting a lot of gigs because I can learn music very easily and transcribe on the go! Today I had to play almost the whole show doing that!
So how to develop relative pitch when you can hear chords and intervals relation so you can follow up any chord progression?
You need to work on a few things!
1) Understand the song structure
99% of all songs have the same structure I like to use letters so it makes it easier to follow
A - Verse
B - Chorus
C - bridge
There are songs that have different structures but in most cases you will end up with something like that!
2) Find the bass this trick is always works! Start with playing bass notes first this way if you will mess up it's not that noticeable and when you will figure out roots it will be very easy to build the rest!
3)Transcribe as much as you can! Same as the song structure 99% of the songs have the same chords so by transcribing you are getting prepared, so the next time you will hear similar chord progression you pretty much will know what it is!
4) this one is the most important trick! Play along with songs! Put any radio station on and play along! Try to get the chords right and even play the solo! Don't jam try to focus and get the chords right! As song plays you will have a few tries to get it right! After a week you will see a huge progress!

Learning this technique will make you a better musician! You will be able to play what is in your head and will be able to play any song anywhere anytime by just hearing it!
If you want I can help you to master this technique! Just send me a message and I will guide you through the process!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 30 2012, 12:43 PM
GMC:er
Alex I would love to work on this ! Could we work on it in my thread maybe ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 30 2012, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Great article Alex! I agree with this way of training. I think that it also helps to become a better song composer, I use to do a similar process to analyze the style of different bands when I'm creating the "in the style of..." lessons.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jul 30 2012, 08:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
thanks for the great tips! Something I need to work on every day. When learning a new song, that's the first thing I do - try to figure out the bass line because that tends to be the line on which everything else hangs.

Kudos!
Chris

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 30 2012, 09:35 PM
Instructor
Totally agree with everything you guys said! It is very important to learn this techniques! You will be a better composer, player and musician in general!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:20 PM