3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Tremol No, Thanks for the advice
Lian Gerbino
Jul 15 2008, 10:49 AM
Instructor
congrats.... waiting for pics!!! tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 11:25 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jul 15 2008, 11:49 AM) *
congrats.... waiting for pics!!! tongue.gif

Here they are smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 15 2008, 12:58 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I'm interested in one of these for my Jem - does the hardtail mode give you increased sustain? That would be ny main reason for getting one ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 01:00 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 15 2008, 01:58 PM) *
I'm interested in one of these for my Jem - does the hardtail mode give you increased sustain? That would be ny main reason for getting one ...

Yes, of course. It completely locks. Even if you break a string it won't budge.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 15 2008, 01:01 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 15 2008, 12:58 PM) *

I remember seeing a video about a guy playing with one- he said that in hartail mode the "extra sustain doesnt hurt either", though i don't own one of the units (or a floating bridge even!)

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 03:15 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jul 15 2008, 02:01 PM) *
I remember seeing a video about a guy playing with one- he said that in hartail mode the "extra sustain doesnt hurt either", though i don't own one of the units (or a floating bridge even!)

Get one biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 15 2008, 03:26 PM
Awesome! laugh.gif

Does that mean that the changing of strings just got as easy as fixed bridge?
Just lock, rip off the strings, clean the fingerboard and put new ones on? smile.gif

@Andrew:
According to several reviews, the increased sustain in locked mode is quite noticable. wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 03:28 PM
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jul 15 2008, 04:26 PM) *
Awesome! laugh.gif

Just lock, rip off the strings, clean the fingerboard and put new ones on? smile.gif

@Andrew:
According to several reviews, the increased sustain in locked mode is quite noticable. wink.gif

That's correct man! Didn't think of it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 15 2008, 05:49 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (kjutte @ Jul 15 2008, 08:00 AM) *
Yes, of course. It completely locks. Even if you break a string it won't budge.

QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jul 15 2008, 10:26 AM) *
Awesome! laugh.gif

@Andrew:

Thanks - will add it to the list of gadgets to get when I have some money wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 05:51 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 15 2008, 06:49 PM) *
Thanks - will add it to the list of gadgets to get when I have some money wink.gif

It costed me 1070NOK, and 1 dollar is 5.5NOK

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Jul 15 2008, 08:27 PM
How do you switch between the different modes? Do you have to remove the backplate every time, or is it accessible without a screwdriver?

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 08:54 PM
QUOTE (Xuestor @ Jul 15 2008, 09:27 PM) *
How do you switch between the different modes? Do you have to remove the backplate every time, or is it accessible without a screwdriver?

What on earth do you need your backplate for mate? take it out and never put it back biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 15 2008, 09:12 PM
QUOTE (Xuestor @ Jul 15 2008, 09:27 PM) *

On my Ibanez, the backplate has access holes in it, so that you don't have to remove it when adjusting spring tension.
If you absolutely insist on having the backplate in place, make an access hole! smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jul 15 2008, 10:12 PM) *
On my Ibanez, the backplate has access holes in it, so that you don't have to remove it when adjusting spring tension.
If you absolutely insist on having the backplate in place, make an access hole! smile.gif

For the tremol no you have to take it out permanently, I'm afraid. You gotta get to the screws.

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 15 2008, 09:17 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Jul 15 2008, 10:16 PM) *
For the tremol no you have to take it out permanently, I'm afraid. You gotta get to the screws.

Aye!
Good riddance, then! smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post
steiner666
Jul 15 2008, 09:23 PM
I've had a tremol-no in my BC Rich virgin plat pro for a couple years now. They are a pain to install, especially if you have a guitar with a cheapish trem cavity. The screws that held the stock spring clamp thing were too close together for the holes on the tremol-no so my screw skinda bow in and its a bit crooked all around now. Another problem was that those little plastic pegs at the end of the arm on the tremol-no bump into the lower wall of the cavity if i dive too far. but it does the job of keeping it locked down, and and that's all that mattered to me at the time. I"m sure with a better-quality trem setup and a more professional installation it would be much better... oh well.

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 15 2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks for adding some cons Steiner666! smile.gif

Let's hope that Tremol-No has improved in the mean-time. wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (steiner666 @ Jul 15 2008, 10:23 PM) *
I've had a tremol-no in my BC Rich virgin plat pro for a couple years now. They are a pain to install, especially if you have a guitar with a cheapish trem cavity. The screws that held the stock spring clamp thing were too close together for the holes on the tremol-no so my screw skinda bow in and its a bit crooked all around now. Another problem was that those little plastic pegs at the end of the arm on the tremol-no bump into the lower wall of the cavity if i dive too far. but it does the job of keeping it locked down, and and that's all that mattered to me at the time. I"m sure with a better-quality trem setup and a more professional installation it would be much better... oh well.

I also did it as a firsttimer, so my advice is firstly, look at the instruction they have on youtube, and secondly, LISTEN to it. If you know something's bogus, localize your error, don't go with it.

I was close to giving up because I could get my floater horizontal, nor the string balance from high to low, NOR getting the tremol no paralell with my spring.

Took quite some hours biggrin.gif

Edit:
and about that diving, you should raise the whole trem. I had the same problem.
Pain about the screwholes though man, you should fill em and drill new ones. Get a guitarshop to do it though, they have to pay for it then biggrin.gif

Reedit: I misread that. What do you mean by the pegs going into the bottom of cavity? mine only expands, and nothing else. Maybe we have different versions?

This post has been edited by kjutte: Jul 15 2008, 09:38 PM

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 16 2008, 05:49 PM
WooHoo! laugh.gif

I just ordered mine! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (steiner666 @ Jul 15 2008, 10:23 PM) *
I've had a tremol-no in my BC Rich virgin plat pro for a couple years now.

Yes, but they improved quite a lot since then. I hope! wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 16 2008, 07:31 PM
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jul 16 2008, 06:49 PM) *
WooHoo! laugh.gif

I just ordered mine! biggrin.gif

Yes, but they improved quite a lot since then. I hope! wink.gif

Grats. PM me if you need any help smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:26 PM