Key Issue
Nice Guy
Aug 22 2008, 12:23 AM
GMC:er
i dont get why some of u instructors write the KEY of the song in the title of the lesson? what difference does it make for us inferior students?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
How important The Whopper really is...
What happened was... People freak the f*** out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
sigma7
Aug 22 2008, 12:27 AM
who cares haha jk

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 22 2008, 12:27 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Oh man , you are getting it wrong! YOU are not INFERIOR in any way!!!!!!!!!!!
Writing key is a valuable theory guideline.Just check some Andrews theory lessons, you will find use of it after you develop some theory skills...It will be soon trust me! And please don't feel inferior because your a student! Remember we are all students of music!!!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nice Guy
Aug 22 2008, 12:28 AM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Aug 21 2008, 11:27 PM) *
who cares haha jk

i do. it WILL confuse newbies.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sigma7
Aug 22 2008, 12:29 AM
i am a newbie haha but u make a good point. I dont no y that happens also haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nice Guy
Aug 22 2008, 02:45 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 21 2008, 11:27 PM) *
Oh man , you are getting it wrong! YOU are not INFERIOR in any way!!!!!!!!!!!
Writing key is a valuable theory guideline.Just check some Andrews theory lessons, you will find use of it after you develop some theory skills...It will be soon trust me! And please don't feel inferior because your a student! Remember we are all students of music!!!

haha the inferior thing was a joke but.. I understand what you mean i have been studying music for 12 years tongue.gif i understand how keys work but just dont understand what the point of writing it in the TITLE is.. tongue.gif it gives me the feeling that its EXTREMELY important which key the song is in, which it is not at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sami
Aug 22 2008, 04:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
it helps narrow somethings down, i know i only usually look for stuff in the keys of g ionian and c ionian (and all of the relative modes) when im looking for something im comfortable with, and when i want a challenge i look for something outside of the keys i know inside out. Its just a nice guideline sometimes i guess.

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 22 2008, 07:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nice Guy @ Aug 22 2008, 01:23 AM) *
i dont get why some of u instructors write the KEY of the song in the title of the lesson? what difference does it make for us inferior students?

It IS very important to write in the title,
specially for members which are not that good with theory,scales and tonalities.
Lot of beginners are using scales like C major or A minor 99% of the time
so it's nice to "open their mind" with some licks in C minor,Bb major etc.

Tho I'm glad you don't have the same issue since you've been
studying music for 12 year and I guess you can transpose very easy.
Just bare in mind that some of us cannot do that the same way atm. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 22 2008, 07:49 AM
well, i find it helpful to see the key in the name of the lesson... i am not a theory junkie and so i like to see the key in the title cause then i do not have to scroll down and look at the instructions...
and it doesn´t hurt, does it?

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 22 2008, 07:57 AM
I find it very helpful smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 22 2008, 12:13 PM
Instructor
I think it is fairly reasonable to put key in the title. I first for that matter like to see something like: "Shredding in Eb". This way I know exactly what the lesson is all about right from the title. It is a useful guideline. If it doesn't works for you, don't worry there are a lot of people here that find it useful.

Difference for students are huge on the site, we are all here on different levels of playing, and often we use keys in titles as guidelines on what to choose to practice.

And as Bogdan suggested, students are not inferior! As you can notice on the site, instructors have pretty down-to-earth relation with students, and it is all about sharing the experiences no matter from where it comes from. It's a two way communication, and this is what makes GMC so great. Who knows something will definitely share it with others, and not keep it for itself - both instructors and students. There is no inferiority in that, we are just all glad to help in any way. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:59 AM