First Recording...
Nathan333
Mar 23 2008, 05:39 PM
GMC:er
Here's my first ever recording. I wrote the song and used the toneport ux2 to record it. What do you think?

Attached File  First_song_mp3.mp3 ( 4.46MB ) Number of downloads: 180

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 23 2008, 05:46 PM
Learning Tone Guru
For first recording it is really cool! smile.gif One question thouhg.. were you using some tremolo efect on that lead guitar o whatever? I dont like its sound - though I am sure, its FX and not your playing..

Other than that it was pretty cool! I can imagine it as some kind of game soundtrack - it would be suitable to Unreal tournament for example biggrin.gif

If you are playing from january.. you are probably very tallented to be honest.. use your creativity and you will become pretty important and wanted band member smile.gif

If you are playing for quite some time.. its pretty cool smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
SensE
Mar 23 2008, 05:49 PM
Good try..

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 23 2008, 06:09 PM
Instructor
Good first recording smile.gif I like the progression and the melodies. Maybe some minor timing errors here and there, but nothing cruicial.

The drums were quite flat and lifeless though. Some reverb and maybe a compressor on them would help alot.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 23 2008, 07:07 PM
Singing Instructor
yeah...good first recording ...melody is good...it could be a great song..with a little vocals no it ...smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Nathan333
Mar 23 2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for your criticism guys! I've taken everything into account and I'm modifying it a little now, I should be able to upload the new version in a while.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 24 2008, 03:18 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very interesting song you got here..I like the bridge part (first change), its good and got great groove wink.gif Nice job mate wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
steiner666
Mar 24 2008, 11:05 PM
This is very cool. Kinda reminds me of Korn. If you tuned down a bit lower and used a crunchy higher-gain preset for the rhythm track I think it would sound better IMO, but great work.

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:24 AM