A Hello From Scotland
VikingBlues
Jan 19 2013, 04:04 PM
GMC:er
Hello from the snows of Scotland. I have been guided to here by Bogdan Radovic.
I still have to investigate most of the forum and the website but I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far. smile.gif

I'm in my late 50s and after a 20 year break from playing started to get back into playing guitar around the year 2000. Started to take it seriously about 4 years ago (4 years and 1 day ago I joined JamPlay and that kick started a real enthusism for guitar).

I have been trying to play blues in that 4 years - my wife got me interested in the genre and also suggested I play without a pick. Both suggestions made the guitar so much more enjoyable for me. 2 to 3 years ago I started to crack the hearing notes in the head and playing them on the fretboard puzzle - transformed my interest in guitar into an obsession. She even encourages me to buy more expensive gear when I'm trying to decide what to get. cool.gif

I love to spend most of my guitar time playing along to backing tracks - the focus of my mind on the music when I do this is like medication - eases the stresses away of the days real life problems.

The last four years have seen a ridiculous procession of electric guitars bought and then sold, but finally I think I have 4 keepers ... well for the time being anyway. I'm trying to stick to 4 maximum - that's tough. Not sure if my amp situation is as settled, but I'm a bit restricted on amps living in a flat - volume is a big issue. sad.gif

Look forward to joining in the discussions with you all on the forum.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Still learning guitar - always will be learning.

My Soundclick
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:10 PM